j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Whenever I see that first post, I think that someone should really rework it. There's no direct link to the official walkthrough, Ikaruga's mod is half a year out of date, the console stuff seems wrong, stats increases won't cause bugs anymore and the picutres are so out of date, that some scenes and even characters aren't in the game anymore. :/

Next to that they should really add that using rollback mods can cause bugs and that it's advised to only save on the main map to avoid savegame bugs.

Reactions: SumGuy and Somnus

Thibetanus92

Jul 24, 2017
I've been following the development of this game quite some time now.
Only thing i don't like about it is the fact that you need to go thru it over and over again.
The content is still worth it.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
They just brought up a widescreen conversion poll on their patreon page.

I am not sure what to make out of this. They ask if patreons would be OK with post-pone of current release to make it all widescreen. Having that conversion now makes absolutely sense in my opinion, but I also want more content out sooner.

And it would certainly delay mods that add own graphic extensions, like Naughty Tribute mod for example...

Edit: Currently it's 63% pro content and 37% pro widescreen.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
In the end it's probably "now" or never, each further update will make it harder and harder. It has always been a historical "flaw" of the game, but correcting it will certainly take quite a bit of time while it's technically not really neccessary. I personally don't really mind but I can already see why people would complain. Unlike those reworks before, this is indeed a luxury update - though it will comfort mobile players quite a bit.

Edit: For those who care what DC wrote:

Widescreen conversion poll! (ADDED INFO)

Would you be willing to post-pone a future update by 1 or 2 months in order to switch Summertime Saga to widescreen resolution? It would mean extending (make them bigger) all backgrounds, including locations/minigames/sex scenes/etc.
The upside of making this change:
  • The game would fit better on mobile device (and most screens).
  • Backgrounds and environments would look nicer.
  • Characters would have more room on screen.
The downside of making this change:
  • We would need to pause the development for a month or two while we fix all backgrounds and animations to fit the new widescreen resolution.
EDIT:
Clarifications:
- If we did make a widescreen transition it would be certainly after 0.20.5 (or later)
- It would apply to all platforms (OS), not just Android
- The map would also be affected, and potentially open some room for additional locations.

Polling options:

1. I would like the widescreen change! I don't mind pausing content development for a few months.
2. I don't care too much about widescreen and prefer seeing the continuation of content development.

Last edited:

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
[...] with post-pone of current release to make it all widescreen. [...]
He clarified that the widescreen update would only happen after 0.20.5. Which means Rhonda's update would be the one to be delayed.

I'd prefer conversion now since it would mean less work and therefore a "quicker" release of the widescreen version. Some Patrons want the conversion only after the whole game is finished. I honestly don't think that DarkCookie would like to invest that much time in a game that is finished. Especially if it would stop him from working on the next game (and his next source of income).

Deleted member 205331

Sep 15, 2017
In the end it's probably "now" or never, each further update will make it harder and harder. It has always been a historical "flaw" of the game, but correcting it will certainly take quite a bit of time while it's technically not really neccessary. I personally don't really mind but I can already see why people would complain. Unlike those reworks before, this is indeed a luxury update - though it will comfort mobile players quite a bit.

Edit: For those who care what DC wrote:

Widescreen conversion poll! (ADDED INFO)

Would you be willing to post-pone a future update by 1 or 2 months in order to switch Summertime Saga to widescreen resolution? It would mean extending (make them bigger) all backgrounds, including locations/minigames/sex scenes/etc.
The upside of making this change:
  • The game would fit better on mobile device (and most screens).
  • Backgrounds and environments would look nicer.
  • Characters would have more room on screen.
The downside of making this change:
  • We would need to pause the development for a month or two while we fix all backgrounds and animations to fit the new widescreen resolution.
EDIT:
Clarifications:
- If we did make a widescreen transition it would be certainly after 0.20.5 (or later)
- It would apply to all platforms (OS), not just Android
- The map would also be affected, and potentially open some room for additional locations.

Polling options:

1. I would like the widescreen change! I don't mind pausing content development for a few months.
2. I don't care too much about widescreen and prefer seeing the continuation of content development.
I could care less. I am more interested in the story updates, no need to delay a month anymore. and plus it is meant to be played in 4:3 anyways, summertimesaga is based on the 90's morning cartoons so it makes sense to keep it in classic resolution.

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
Widescreen could be done over time, though with each content update also add more corrections for it.
Or bring a 2nd version that updates overtime with Widescreen unless that gives unnecessary work

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
I've heard such good things about this game but between the obnoxious minigames and fubar save system I'm really not seeing it.

Literally exclaimed 'god fucking damnit' when the line 'she's not like other girls' is said. Any of that shit should be stated up front rather than halfway through the gdamned story.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
This poll turns out to be completely unnecessary. Currently it's near 50:50, so whatever the outcome is, they will piss off half the people over a question that was not there before. Half will complain about the long update, or that it's still 4:3...

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well, people complained about 4:3 for a long time, and given that the android share of the players seems to have grown, the number of complaints probably became relevant enough to think about it.
I don't really see this being a divisive issue though. Sure, there are some who will complain anyway, but to most people it probably doesn't matter at all. It would have perfected the game, which is probably why he considered asking now.

Yet, DC always said that switching to widescreen would be too much work to be tolerable and now he has a poll to back that up.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Why should it be an Android-only question anyways? My PC screen is 16:9 since long before Android was around. Or do they plan to make it 22.5:9 and leave us with black bars at top and bottom instead of left and right?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Why should it be an Android-only question anyways? My PC screen is 16:9 since long before Android was around. Or do they plan to make it 22.5:9 and leave us with black bars at top and bottom instead of left and right?
It would indeed be interesting to see whether they'd go with 16:9 or 18:9.

And sure, it'll matter for others, too, but on a PC you have much more options (I'm playing in window mode anyway, for example) so it doesn't really matter as much. At least I've never had an issue with 4:3. On a 18:9 smartphone on other hand 4:3 actually feels somewhat odd, given how massive the bars are and given that you don't have a choice. Add that some elements feel (too) small at times and you start wishing they'd use a bit more screen space. As said, it's a comfort feature.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 354 Votes