Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Where do i find the Traceback file ? Because when the game crashes, i just have the windows' window saying the game is not responding. And after i click close the program nothing appear.
Traceback is normally kept in the game's folder. If it's not there, it's a problem with Windows. Try to disable Windows internal message thing (the thing in the bottom right that looks like a speech bubble) and restart your system.
Might be some other thing interfering, but that message service has been known to cause issues.
Is it just Summertime Saga or Ren'Py games in general that won't run?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Traceback only lists whatever error happens in Renpy (coding sux/missing image/tried something funky and Renpy said nope). If the game crashes altogether (Windows/anti-virus/whatever), traceback won't say anything

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Nope, my log says the same and the game works fine. For starters, I'd blame Win10 for anything and everything. Try Win7 compatibility mode and/or run as admin. Might be worthless but it's something

Reactions: Ranma

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I tryied another renpy game and i got a crash. Do you think the issue can come from this line in log : Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',) ?
Looks like your Windows has an issue with Ren'Py.
I looked it over on LemmaSoft and apparently it's a library mismatch. Did you by any chance install the Ren'Py SDK?
Just trying to eliminate all possible reasons.

Traceback may also appear in {game folder}\lib\windows-i686\

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
You could try a memtest while loading Windows, will take hours and possibly show nothing, but if your memory is dying you'll know.

Summertime freezing might also indicate faulty memory/something funky since it decrypts the entire archive and loads it to RAM (that's why it takes a while to start for us dudes that can play it). Or your PC/Windows really hates you/Renpy

Blutregen

May 25, 2017
I didn't install ren'py sdk. Traceback is not in lib/windows-i686/. I tried running with windows 7 compatibility, still crash,but i managed to have a traceback with milf city, it's seems to be a memory issue but i don't understand why, i have a pretty good pc configuration. With windows 7 compatibility summer time saga don't crash but freeze.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Did you have disabled the pagefile.sys on your machine?

Feb 15, 2018
I have a bug where Roxxy is no longer on my phone in the Tips section, and anytime I try and talk to her regardless of location, the game crashes. Game says it couldn't find label '[location i'm at]_roxxy_dialogue_relationship_5'.

I was going to just deal with it cuz I've already done all her content and move on to other characters, but I ran into another bug where Eve's questline is stuck at bringing the lasagna to her house; it won't progress past that and loops back to that scene every time I go to her house. However, Eve is still in the phone tips section. Any suggestions or explanations?

Captain NTR

Feb 6, 2020
I'm personally not hyped for any of the Trump family analogues. I find the fact that an update is being wasted on parodying that piece of human slime quite annoying.
True, I hate how game developers think taking shots at a person people dont like some how is an asset to their game. Personally I dont think there should even be a place for it, I rather them spend their time on the actual characters of the game. Who gives a shit about Donald Trump parodies, shit has been worn out into the ground, we get it, no one likes him except racist redneck assholes or ironically for the memes.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I don't think the problem is the fact that they are a parody of the trump family. I think the characters just aren't that interesting.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Good news !!! I think i found the issue. well i can now play 20min (for now at least, i leaved the game before i got any issue like freeze or crash in order to make this post). So the problem is that the game was using the integrated graphic card. I switched it to my main graphic card and now it's working just fine. Let's hope it's working fully now, i'll probably make a new post after 2 or 3 hour straight playing if i don't forget.
Glad you fixed it. My advece would have been to upgrade the graphics drivers. So if it still crashes, try that.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
True, I hate how game developers think taking shots at a person people dont like some how is an asset to their game. Personally I dont think there should even be a place for it, I rather them spend their time on the actual characters of the game.
To be fair, his character works perfectly even if people don't know who he is. If it wasn't for Rump, we'd have another character who'd be the corrupt, sleazy, megalomaniac major to fill that roll. So it's not like you'd need any kind of knowledge, if you have it it's just a little extra. In the end it's not like DC adds these characters as additional assets, but they usually fill roles which would have to be filled anyway. With some minor exceptions here and there, maybe.

Rump is actually among the parody characters I mind the least, while there are some others who I personally wouldn't have added.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Yeah I don't really care that much about the Rump family, I'd rather have more content with Maria, Tina and the chinese girl, I always forget her name. I just want this update to be done so DC can focus on other character stories.
Yeah, hoping for more pizza time in this update. Honestly I just want this update out of the way so we can get to Ronda, which is an update I also want out of the way so we can get to Annie.

Reactions: MurkyTurtle

dholi

Jul 14, 2020
Haven't seen a good answer for this...but how the hell do you beat Dexter in the fight??? Max stats and the 3rd bar ends in 1 second.

Am i missing something?

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes