Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Calling it, 20.5 announced by October, but delayed until April 2021, 21.0 will be out between December 2021 or February 2022. Meanwhile full release will be 2025 :cool:
I don't get it. Is this a reference to something? As none of it makes any sense.

Kaneki12

Nov 5, 2018
I don't get it. Is this a reference to something? As none of it makes any sense.
he is just sarcastic because the devs take way more time than they was supposed to be to release the next update, like usual (why is it so hard for you to understand ? :( )

Tikki

Sep 17, 2017
Holy shit, 30k a month goal reached O-o

There is nothing surprising in this. The game started in 2016 and then there was still no particular competition and the number of supporters grew faster. Now new games appear more and more often. Several new ones every day.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
When it comes to 2d games there isn't much competition really. One of the new games that I'm excited about is What a legend. It doesn't have that much content yet but the art is really good.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: WSmith and L30

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
he is just sarcastic because the devs take way more time than they was supposed to be to release the next update, like usual (why is it so hard for you to understand ? :( )
Because it's extremely stupid and inaccurate. Exaggerating something to the extreme is not sarcasm, it's just being stupid.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
Because it's extremely stupid and inaccurate. Exaggerating something to the extreme is not sarcasm, it's just being stupid.
To be fair though, it's not all an exaggeration. While the 20.5 and 21.0 is, the full release being 2025 might be kinda optimistic. There's still so much to be done even among the existing characters, it could easily end up going longer than that. Assuming it will be finished at all.

Edit: I mean what, assuming a generous 3 patches a year, we're really talkin' about version ~28.0. Does anyone really think the game will be done at version 28.0? I know I don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranma

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Isn't this tracker for the full 0.20.5 release & if so why isn't the first part already released if its already over 50% of progress ?
Yes, it should still be two parts and the tracker is for both combined. As to why the update isn't out yet? I don't think DC mentioned how excatly the split will be, so it may be 55/45 or so. Else you still have to look at individual tasks and neither writing, posing, nor coding have reached 50% yet. Add the necessary bug testing etc. and it's likely that we'll get the update once every bar is above 50% plus a week or so of internal bug testing. But that's just me guessing.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Watch it release near August 1st so the tinfoil hatters can come out and claim DC is a milking scamlord who drops updates early in the month just to rake in the phat $

noera

May 26, 2019
When it comes to 2d games there isn't much competition really. One of the new games that I'm excited about is What a legend. It doesn't have that much content yet but the art is really good.
I have to agree here. I can't really get into 3D Games and as far as 2D games go, this is the best one with good writing and animations that I have played. Some other recommendations would also be appreciated.

Reactions: Ranma

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
@noera:
Another somewhat substancial SS-like option for 2D games would "TaffyTales", which isn't as refined in many areas but still does many things right - that's of course as long as one likes the way darker mood.

Else one should probably mention "Town of Passion", "Bones' Tales: The Manor", "Meltys quest" and "Teaching Feeling". Most of these cover somewhat different genres but they are all quite good.

Last but not least there are quite a few newish games which do look very decent, like "Daily Lives of my Countryside" or "Life in Woodchester". Especially the latter seems quite similar to SS, SexNote, etc.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I used to only play 2d games but ever since I started playing 3d games, now it's really hard for me to get into 2d games. Summertime saga is one of the few games that I play that isn't 3d.

Tikki

Sep 17, 2017
Considering the characters of the update, I hope the update will be released before the presidential election.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes