annofrog

Jul 24, 2017
I'm curious, what is so different about the way this game is coded that makes it shit it self if you rollback, while other Ren'py games, even sandbox ones don't?

Reactions: ImTransAndTiny

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
if Eve is trans, can you bottom for her yet?
You can suck her dick IIRC, but that's as far as it goes for now. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get a bottom scene in a couple years : )))
This game isn't about incest. They added it initially to get attention but they barely do anything with it anymore. Really a shame because it could've been great but now years later it's just meh.
When Debbie and Diane finally get their reworks, I'm done with the game. So much potential wasted on bland characters, but hey it isn't my game.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
This game isn't about incest. They added it initially to get attention but they barely do anything with it anymore. Really a shame because it could've been great but now years later it's just meh.
Yeah, imagine either putting wincest on 3 girls for mostly nothing or risking losing the entire Patreon page cause you put wincest on 3 girls. Tough choice indeed

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yeah, imagine either putting wincest on 3 girls for mostly nothing or risking losing the entire Patreon page cause you put wincest on 3 girls. Tough choice indeed
Imagine figuring out configurable relationships left up to the player to fill, something many other devs somehow managed to implement in their Patreon-approved games.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Are you for real??? There's so many games that have the landlady angle or the choose your relationship option without any issue. Literally no one is expecting DC to blatantly put incest into the game, just more "house" content so other people can patch it into it's intended form.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Imagine figuring out configurable relationships left up to the player to fill, something many other devs somehow managed to implement in their Patreon-approved games.
So what stops you or any1 around here to call them mom/sis when you start a new game ?
Are you for real??? There's so many games that have the landlady angle or the choose your relationship option without any issue. Literally no one is expecting DC to blatantly put incest into the game, just more "house" content so other people can patch it into it's intended form.
Intended form that lasted a bit more than a year

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
So what stops you or any1 around here to call them mom/sis when you start a new game ?
Calling them mom/sis is a half assed solution, other characters call them mom/sis as well, even themselves, and Diane doesn't even have that option.
Way to ignore the actual point. But even your strawman doesn't make sense. Debbie and Diane are literal twins, MC looks like both of them and so does Jenny and Debbie's relationship with MC's father makes way more sense as mommy and daddy rather than a "very good friend". So yes, it's safe to say it is the intended form.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Which honestly isn't really a good thing, because you almost completely rely on the player to get these relationships 100% right or you'll ruin your own game - unless you implement illegal background mechanics which put a few things right, of course. I still recall playing "Light of my life" for the first time and to me it felt really off on default, so I actually had to restart the game to add the incest because it seemed kinda stupid without it.

A proper patch is certainly the preferable solution, as everything else is usually just not as good.

Literally no one is expecting DC to blatantly put incest into the game, just more "house" content so other people can patch it into it's intended form.
Let's be fair, there were quite a few polls in which characters like Debbie simply lost to others. It's hard to argue that players want that kind of content so badly, when only so few people are voting for it. Debbie literally came 5th in the 0.23 poll behind Judith, the Coach(!), Roxxy and Mia, while she indeed came in last in the poll which chose the content for 0.20.
So it's not like it wasn't on offer several times, people just didn't want to see it.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Let's be fair, there were quite a few polls in which characters like Debbie simply lost to others. It's hard to argue that players want that kind of content so badly, when only so few people are voting for it. Debbie literally came 5th in the 0.23 poll behind Judith, the Coach(!), Roxxy and Mia.
So it's not like it wasn't on offer several times, people just didn't want to see it.
I know and I wasn't arguing they were popular demand. I'm arguing that people who want incest content don't expect DC to add blatant incest but to add non-incest house content like every other dev does and we can then download a patch.

EDIT: the poll results of Patrons don't necessarily reflect what the community wants. High paying Patrons get more votes and most of the Patrons pay less than the amount that lets them vote once, let alone multiple times. So it's really up to a small percentage of fans to decide content.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I know and I wasn't arguing they were popular demand. I'm arguing that people who want incest content don't expect DC to add blatant incest but to add non-incest house content like every other dev does and we can then download a patch.
Well, it's happening at times, at least. Then again, characters like Jenny have simply reached a point where there's objectively enough content and where they don't really need that anything else.

But yes, it's indeed true that popluar demand kinda shaped this whole discussion. At first incest was pretty popular and as such quite a few updates focussed on the family because of that. It caused some people think that SS was actually about incest, when it was never really intended to be that way in the first place.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Let's be fair, there were quite a few polls in which characters like Debbie simply lost to others. It's hard to argue that players want that kind of content so badly, when only so few people are voting for it. Debbie literally came 5th in the 0.23 poll behind Judith, the Coach(!), Roxxy and Mia, while she indeed came in last in the poll which chose the content for 0.20.
lets be fair, saying that she came low in the polls doesn't mean shit, it just meant people didn't want her the way she was currently written, without the taboo angle Debbie is boring as shit, she needs to be forbidden fruit to be interesting, there needs to be reluctance/shame to add flavour to her story.

Just my two cents

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes