• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Well, it's happening at times, at least. Then again, characters like Jenny have simply reached a point where there's objectively enough content and where they don't really need that anything else.

But yes, it's indeed true that popluar demand kinda shaped this whole discussion. At first incest was pretty popular and as such quite a few updates focussed on the family because of that. It caused some people think that SS was actually about incest, when it was never really intended to be that way in the first place.
Sorry but I just don't see how incest isn't a main selling point for SS. Like I previously said, it's clear that the house is still intended to be incest because alikeness of the characters and the context of their relationship to each other. The main quest revolves around finding out about your dad, who is family and is directly tied to Debbie and Jenny. SS still has a lot of the tropes many incest focused games have. Sure, incest isn't the sole focus but it sure as hell is an important part of the game.

About the popular demand I added this, which is a good counter point imo
V
EDIT: the poll results of Patrons don't necessarily reflect what the community wants. High paying Patrons get more votes and most of the Patrons pay less than the amount that lets them vote once, let alone multiple times. So it's really up to a small percentage of fans to decide content.
And Stil996 makes a good point as well.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So what stops you or any1 around here to call them mom/sis when you start a new game ?
The writing in the game which quite explicitly contradicts such concept, by painting different relationships between characters in question.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Sorry but I just don't see how incest isn't a main selling point for SS. Like I previously said, it's clear that the house is still intended to be incest because alikeness of the characters and the context of their relationship to each other. The main quest revolves around finding out about your dad, who is family and is directly tied to Debbie and Jenny. SS still has a lot of the tropes many incest focused games have. Sure, incest isn't the sole focus but it sure as hell is an important part of the game.
Sure, it's a somewhat important part of the game, but it's not what the game is about. We aren't talking about games like DMD or let's say Light of my life, where the incest is basically the main driver of the game and where the game makes way less sense without it. In these cases I could totally understand that people would be upset, if the incest was to be taken lightly. In SS's case on the other hand it's just one fetish among many.

As some kind of thought experiment one could just remove any trace of Debbie from the game and hardly anything would change in the big picture. Her story and the incest would basically be gone, but everything else would be just as before.

lets be fair, saying that she came low in the polls doesn't mean shit, it just meant people didn't want her the way she was currently written, without the taboo angle Debbie is boring as shit, she needs to be forbidden fruit to be interesting, there needs to be reluctance/shame to add flavour to her story.
And Stil996 makes a good point as well.
I think these points excatly show why SS isn't an incest game. Even back in the days when there was real incest, everything was pretty superficial at best. There never was an elaborated taboo angle which went beyond a few basic plot points. Jenny and Diane never really gave a fuck in the first place and in Debbie's case the resistance is just about as big as it had to be, to be credible, where she essentially gives in almost right away and just goes with it after that, as does everybody else. Yes, it ticks important boxes here and there, but that's more or less it?

Edit: It's by the way just the same as with most other fetishes. SS is good at including a lot of them, but neither is actually really elaborated. You like pregnant stuff? Sure, but you'll only get a few sex scenes and no real connecting story content. You like trans content? Yes, there's Eve but she won't fuck MC. You like hotwifing? Yes, there's Tony, but it's the most basic plot imaginable. You like BDSM? Yes, there's a nun who is going to spank someone a few times, but that's it. And so on...

Last edited:

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
I am sorry if this isn't the right area to post this but I have a two part question ...
Did they do something to the scripts that you can no longer use console? i changed the file and yet I can not open the console?
Is it possible to use save edit online to change money amount? I have yet to find the value

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Sure, it's a somewhat important part of the game, but it's not what the game is about. We aren't talking about games like DMD or let's say Light of my life, where the incest is basically the main driver of the game and where the game makes way less sense without it. In these cases I could totally understand that people would be upset, if the incest was to be taken lightly. In SS's case on the other hand it's just one fetish among many.

I think these points excatly show why SS isn't an incest game. Even back in the days when there was real incest, everything was pretty superficial at best. There never was an elaborated taboo angle which went beyond a few basic plot points. Jenny and Diane never really gave a fuck in the first place and in Debbie's case the resistance is just about as big as it had to be, to be credible, where she essentially gives in almost right away and just goes with it after that, as does everybody else. Yes, it ticks important boxes here and there, but that's more or less it?

Edit: It's by the way just the same as with most other fetishes. SS is good at including a lot of them, but neither is actually really elaborated. You like pregnant stuff? Sure, but you'll only get a few sex scenes and no real connecting story content. You like trans content? Yes, there's Eve but she won't fuck MC. You like hotwifing? Yes, there's Tony, but it's the most basic plot imaginable. You like BDSM? Yes, there's a nun who is going to spank someone a few times, but that's it. And so on...
I don't think SS is an incest game at heart but I do think incest is one of the main draws this game has. What sparked this discussion was someone saying this is one of the best incest games ever and someone else responded that this game kinda left incest in the left field which is a shame because there's more to be explored and the house cast is the most important when it comes to the main story, you also interact with them the most since they're at your house lol. I wouldn't call this an incest game myself but I'm not going to say that incest doesn't play a big part in it.

And I completely agree with your point that SS includes fetishes but doesn't elaborate on them. It's so annoying, it almost feels like getting teased. However, incest actually gets followed through unlike most other things in SS.

Reactions: KillerBee487

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I don't think SS is an incest game at heart but I do think incest is one of the main draws this game has. What sparked this discussion was someone saying this is one of the best incest games ever and someone else responded that this game kinda left incest in the left field which is a shame because there's more to be explored and the house cast is the most important when it comes to the main story, you also interact with them the most since they're at your house lol. I wouldn't call this an incest game myself but I'm not going to say that incest doesn't play a big part in it.
I think the point here essentially is, that the house cast is excatly where they were always supposed to be. There weren't any great plans which were frustrated by patreon. Sure, Debbie is going to get a rework at some point, but it doesn't seem like there are some hidden plans to suddenly expand her story significantly. If somebody thinks that her story is kinda bland and somewhat boring now, he probably won't like it in it's final, reworked state, either.
However, incest actually gets followed through unlike most other things in SS.
Does it really, though? I mean sure, they are obviously heaving sex, because that's what the game is about. But I don't think that anybody who regularly plays and prefers actual incest games would (have) rated SS in his top 5 or so when it comes to actual incest story content. But maybe that's just me.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
I think the point here essentially is, that the house cast is excatly where they were always supposed to be. There weren't any great plans which were frustrated by patreon. Sure, Debbie is going to get a rework at some point, but it doesn't seem like there are some hidden plans to suddenly expand her story significantly. If somebody thinks that her story is kinda bland and somewhat boring now, he probably won't like it in it's final, reworked state, either.
Well it's just a prefernce for me to have the house cast + Diane get more content because they're the core of the game for me. I mean honestly, all characters in SS are bland. It's a very safe, vanilla and bland game in general. So the incest aspect of it is the most interesting for me. Same with giving Maria a child for example. Not saying the rest of the game can't be exciting, but I feel a lot of time and resources went into these even more bland characters that don't add much.
Does it really, though? I mean sure, they are obviously heaving sex, because that's what the game is about. But I don't think that anybody who regularly plays and prefers actual incest games would (have) rated SS in his top 5 or so when it comes to actual incest story content. But maybe that's just me.
Yes it does, it's not the best incest shit out there that's for sure, but that's more because SS is a very surface level game, I'd rather have way more committed incest action as well but it is what it is. At least it actually happens instead of being teased like with the trans, BDSM, pregnancy, whatever I can't think of right now content.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I am sorry if this isn't the right area to post this but I have a two part question ...
Did they do something to the scripts that you can no longer use console? i changed the file and yet I can not open the console?
Is it possible to use save edit online to change money amount? I have yet to find the value
Console is locked so you don't fuck up the game (just like rollback). And you could have started with cheat mode if you wanted $. Now you either grind it out or use the phone menu (which could fuck your game if you dunno what you're doing)

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
what are the new scenes?
See #4 from my FAQ #67,535
what does Pre-Tech mean?
See #9 and #10 from my FAQ #67,535
Oh boy, a new update. Can't wait to filter through all the toxic comments trying to find actual useful information on the new content.
See #4 from my FAQ #67,535
See #6 from my FAQ #67,535 - it tells you how to access the cheat menu. You could also go to the OP and follow the links to a mod that may unlock the console if that is what you actually want. Make sure to ask any questions about that mod in their thread. Thanks

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Another pointless Update ... why does anyone bother downloading this at all?

Hey Dev, how long untill you get back to the game eh?
How would you have coped with the ~2 years of nothing if the batches weren't made ? Even if you don't like them, it's still content made for Patrons to get something while they wait (which is the entire point of these 5+1 updates we got)

Deleted member 136796

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
So this game completely fucks your gamesaves if you try to load a save. Spent hours playing this shit and when I saved in the bedroom it resets all my quest progress and fucks the screen so it says some shit about getting the shovel out of the garage and I cant interact with any of the image buttons. From day one this game has been buggy as fuck.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
So this game completely fucks your gamesaves if you try to load a save. Spent hours playing this shit and when I saved in the bedroom it resets all my quest progress and fucks the screen so it says some shit about getting the shovel out of the garage and I cant interact with any of the image buttons. From day one this game has been buggy as fuck.
Indeed, that explains why I use the same save for more than 2 years and never encountered anything. Or I'm just the luckiest dude in the thread and every1 else got the karma-slap

bobbytables

Mar 9, 2019
game softlocked on me early. went to buy the electro stim but the clerk never has the interaction at the counter where i can buy it

4.20 star(s) 342 Votes