XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
Did he cut in the admins? Otherwise, it makes no sense that they ignore the glaring problem of their most popular game
how are all the best ones those with the shit devs
right? Breeder of the Nephelim, Dark Magic, Mythic Manor, NTRaholic, Spooky Milk Life, Where the heart is, Bioasshard and so many outstanding games start so well with fast updates and end up just being milk machines for money hording devs that give us updates once a year if we are lucky and that update is close to nothing while people like the dev for light of my life updates every half year, but that update takes 3 hours to complete

• Haha
Reactions: Majikwizard

ashaik

Sep 16, 2020
He's obviously overhauling the whole game with years of content, and i'm sympathetic to that. What i'm less sympathetic to is his unwillingness to hire more devs for coding. Last i heard one person was rewriting thousands of lines of code for this game and isn't that why it's taking so long? He needs to outsource because i'm sure even he knows this timeframe is unacceptable.

Reactions: Lust4Lucy

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
He's obviously overhauling the whole game with years of content, and i'm sympathetic to that. What i'm less sympathetic to is his unwillingness to hire more devs for coding. Last i heard one person was rewriting thousands of lines of code for this game and isn't that why it's taking so long? He needs to outsource because i'm sure even he knows this timeframe is unacceptable.
People have been saying that for years and he still hasn't hired more people.

Reactions: Lust4Lucy

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Would just doing them for widescreen and then just downscaling really be that much work?
Maybe I don't know. Never worked on something like this so my knowledge is very limited. At this point I just want him to finish the tech udpate as soon as possible so I am ok with him not releasing those small updates. I didn't even play any of the ones he released after the main story was finished.

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
I haven't paid attention to this game since 2021. Can someone explain What's going on with the release schedule of this game and how in the flying hell 30k people still pay monthly for what seems to be a never ending development without more than a release per year?

Balddog

Mar 3, 2021
I haven't paid attention to this game since 2021. Can someone explain What's going on with the release schedule of this game and how in the flying hell 30k people still pay monthly for what seems to be a never ending development without more than a release per year?
For one thing it's going on one and a half years since an update. Even if there's an update it's just minor ones to fix a spelling error or grammar or something to that magnitude. All I can tell you is that you aren't missing much since from the looks of things, we won't get another update until Summer 2025. Maybe. (My actual guess would be Nov 2026 for the next update.) Where Summertime Saga will go from .20.16 to .21.00 IF we're that lucky. It might be version .20.20 for all I know.

As for why 30k people still pay? Your guess is as good as mine.

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
Say it with me: SUMMERTIME SAGA IS ABANDONED!!!!!!!!! SUMMERTIME SAGA IS ABANDONED!!!!!!!!! SUMMERTIME SAGA IS ABANDONED!!!!!!!!!

Now where is the abandoned tag??
Abandoned tags are for VN and game dev went radio silence both here and on their support platform for at least 4 months. As long as they release monthly "I'm alive, game is going" it doesn't meet the condition.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I think one of the biggest mistakes DC made was that he called what he was currently doing, an "update".

Imo, it's anything but.

Not only is he changing the aspect ratio, but he's reworking numerous scenes, in both story/dialogue and image, and expanding every single background that exists, as well as creating new locations to flesh out the larger map.

Even if he's still not gotten to the next character he's working on, which by his semi daily streams, he's almost done art wise, he's still adding a ton of new content to the existing game.

It's also clear that he greatly underestimated the time it was going to take to get it done, and just how arduous it was going to be for the people (coding/posing) to stick with it and complete it.

For the people that post here complaining it's not yet done, I can say with certainty that it's going to be months before you get to play it.

My advice is to look elsewhere for awhile an enjoy whatever other devs have to offer for the time being.
Always a good idea to keep a bucket list of game to play.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Abandoned tags are for VN and game dev went radio silence both here and on their support platform for at least 4 months. As long as they release monthly "I'm alive, game is going" it doesn't meet the condition.
You are incorrect (so is the person you responded to). For the condition you are referencing, it is 3 months not 4. Also, because of another condition, 30 April 2024 is the date this thread can start to be considered for the flag, per the rules of F95.

Reactions: VicFontaine21

The Black Cat

Sep 8, 2023
Imagine getting $114,272 in 4 months span to just say hey guys I'm still alive keep waiting for content. How is this game like patrons top 11th highest paid account over other games? Is it just their marketing? Not flaming the game but I'm genuinely confused why they have such a following.
He was number one somewhere in the past, making even more money... if i am not wrong (not sure).

Aaaaand?

Good for him he gets payed for this art game. Someones at least have a honest way of living, thats a lot more than others jealous guys whom come here to try to mock and cancel him.

But in the end he will be gaining all those sweat money and you will keep crying about.

Catkong80

Jan 18, 2018
He was number one somewhere in the past, making even more money... if i am not wrong (not sure).

Aaaaand?

Good for him he gets payed for this art game. Someones at least have a honest way of living, thats a lot more than others jealous guys whom come here to try to mock and cancel him.

But in the end he will be gaining all those sweat money and you will keep crying about.
Taking money from people for months with nothing to show for it is an honest living? He certainly has built up a fan base to jerk him off that's for sure, good for him. Still didn't answer a thing I asked.

4.20 star(s) 343 Votes