Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The fact that took them this long to start complaining is kind of amazing.
I think that should help people realize that a fair number of DC's subscribers do not subscribe for a long period of time. There are some who probably have been subscribers since day one, but it's far more likely that people who are new to the game only subscribe for a few months as a way of tipping DC and then they move along. Since there is no reason to subscribe in order to get the game because anyone can download it for free from DC's webiste without a subscription, they roll off their subscriptions. Those that remain subscribers for longer include people who want the discord channel access and role, access to Picarto VODs, and other reasons... and yes, there are probably a fair number of "true believers."
Only he knows.
Correct. Also, big whales?!!?!?!?! Bwahahahahahahahahahah

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
We can't see his earnings after october 16th but his supporters have increased in the last year.
I don't think this forum really influences it that much because if that was the case he would have not gained new subs when people here continue to shit on him. It could be a case of people on his discord and patreon starting to be more vocal about the wait. But who knows.
I think the partial tech update thing is kind of dumb. At this point I would rather wait for the full thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I think that should help people realize that a fair number of DC's subscribers do not subscribe for a long period of time. There are some who probably have been subscribers since day one, but it's far more likely that people who are new to the game only subscribe for a few months as a way of tipping DC and then they move along. Since there is no reason to subscribe in order to get the game because anyone can download it for free from DC's webiste without a subscription, they roll off their subscriptions. Those that remain subscribers for longer include people who want the discord channel access and role, access to Picarto VODs, and other reasons... and yes, there are probably a fair number of "true believers."
One thing I have wondered (morbidly) is : how many of DC's subscribers are possibly... well... dead? and yes I know the bank will close the account, but that's only AFTER they are informed, you would be surprised at how long automated payments and a healthy bank account can go on for if the bank somehow doesn't get informed.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xupuzulla

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
One thing I have wondered (morbidly) is : how many of DC's subscribers are possibly... well... dead? and yes I know the bank will close the account, but that's only AFTER they are informed, you would be surprised at how long automated payments and a healthy bank account can go on for if the bank somehow doesn't get informed.
Dead? Probably not a lot. But I could see a lot of people that are subbed to the $1 tier and even some in the $5 tier that just forgot that they are still subbed.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The worldwide annual mortality rate is less 2% of adults (for 18-60) as of 2021 when it was at its highest in two decades. In the US, financial institutions regularly receive notifications of SSNs for people who have died and don't necessarily need to wait for someone to notify them in order to freeze accounts. In order to close them, it requires more attention - yes.

You're right, it is a bit morbid. It's also a bit moot when considering it would be negligible amount after the first month of a person's death.
But I could see a lot of people that are subbed to the $1 tier and even some in the $5 tier that just forgot that they are still subbed.
This would be higher than the deaths, for sure... but I would take "a lot" with a grain of salt. But yeah, even if it is hypothetically 25% then that's about 7,000 subscribers (about $15,000 monthly of the $60,000-ish). What's $1 per month to many people? That doesn't even buy a fountain drink nowadays. And $5? That's less than a value meal at a fast food restaurant each month. That should tell us that for those who forget, the money they subscribe is petty cash not worth their time to worry about.
Isn't deadline 1st of may? That would be +/- 48h from now.
They know. They are trolling.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
and yes I know the bank will close the account, but that's only AFTER they are informed...
In my experience it really doesn't last very long, unless we are talking about people with no heirs or such. Taking care of financial stuff is usually among the first things, people do once they have to deal with inheritance. Sure, there'll be some, but I doubt it's going to be significant.
But I could see a lot of people that are subbed to the $1 tier and even some in the $5 tier that just forgot that they are still subbed.
I always ask myself how that is actually possible nowadays. You get a monthly detailed patreon receipt via mail and at least where I'm living (in a country which is said to not be very digital) you'll get notifications on your smartphone/tablet/whatever everytime your bankaccount or credit card are charged. You really have to ignore these intentionally for a very long time.

Last edited:

SemenDaemon

Nov 4, 2023
Kinda hard to discuss a game that got the last mini update in 2022,just saying.
Ah yes.
The last 100 pages are about the abandoned tag with the same people copy pasting the same 4 page arguments to the same bait while simultaneously keeping up with their "milking" debates that have been going on for months if not years. I understand doing it here and there and I do get a good chuckle out of some of them but c'mon guys a little bit of self-awareness please :KEK:

Like maybe just maybe maybe talk about the game?
Y'ALL the ones constantly on here. Y'ALL the ones with most of the posts on this thread and the cool part of that is you actually have the choice between cleaning things up or continuing the dumpster fire and y'all CHOOSE to keep it going.

You want it stop? Stop flooding the thread. Ignore the baits and block those accounts. Talk about fanart. Talk about mods. Talk about what you would change in the dialogues. Talk about what you would want to see as end game with your fav waifu. Literally anything else.

Here, I'll even make it easy for everyone:
If Eve wasn't trans, who would you want it to be?
- For me it would be Annie cause it fits with the principal stuff or maybe sister angelica? But then MC would have to take it and I'm assuming most people are uber-straight in here :HideThePain:

What's one fetish you would want to see portrayed?
- I wouldn't mind NTR from the MC with Dex watching

• Haha
Reactions: Toushiro and Ayal

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
What's $1 per month to many people? That doesn't even buy a fountain drink nowadays. And $5? That's less than a value meal at a fast food restaurant each month. That should tell us that for those who forget, the money they subscribe is petty cash not worth their time to worry about.
It's also possible that people subbed at the $1 tier find sufficient value in a couple wallpapers and a status update sent directly to their inbox every month. Heck, I subbed to DPC for the better part of a year for $1 just for the convenience of not having to sift through ten pages of slop every Friday to find the weekly progress report. I might have considered doing the same for DC if I didn't get some mild enjoyment out of the tire fire that is this thread.

Like you said, $1/month is basically a rounding error for most people in English-speaking countries. If anything, I think the update emails would be more conspicuous for patrons than the Patreon receipt; unless they completely ignore their email or have updates turned off, they're getting bimonthly reminders that SS is nowhere close to done.

• Haha

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
Regardless of what you think of DC, having a $1 tier was an absolutely big brain move and I'm not sure why more devs don't follow the same model. Its such a piddly amount, people will just throw it at you without a second thought. You're really just leaving money on the table not having one. Like think of how much WaL could be making if their cheapest tier wasn't $3.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
please tell me this "partial tech update every 2 months for the next couple years" thing isn't real :HideThePain:
if DC gets the opportunity to drag this retardation out for a couple more years you can kiss the game goodbye for real

also you guys should definitely get ready for another couple years of waiting once it comes to implementing the "dating system". if you truly believe this team is competent enough to program a functioning dating system on top of their current game in a reasonable amount of time i don't know what to tell ya

honestly if you like this game the best thing you can do for it is to tell everyone to stop donating because that's the only way DC might feel some sort of heat but a lot of coombrains invested in this game are far too gone i know that myself

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
please tell me this "partial tech update every 2 months for the next couple years" thing isn't real
Where this comes from is 25:45-34:10 in Friday's . If you want to hear it for yourself - go there. I had the 8.5 minutes transcribed by an AI for those who would prefer to pick it apart word by word (also, before you pick it apart - again, remember, since it was AI transcribed, some may not be exactly correct and you should go listen to be sure).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There you go.

Last edited:

Jackaljax

Jul 13, 2020
Any ETA on an update? Has it really been over a year since we last saw a new build here?
I know their site posts showing work, but even as a paid subscriber I don't see an updated download :/

EDIT: Just seeing some of the above posts.... I guess I shouldn't expect anything for a while longer...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Batia -

No, there is no NTR (netorare) in the game. Also, you need to comment in English on this site, unless you are in a thread that specifically allows Russian.

Нет, в игре нет НТР (нетораре). Кроме того, на этом сайте вы должны комментировать на английском языке, если только вы не находитесь в теме, которая специально разрешает русский язык.

Reactions: Batia

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Where this comes from is 25:45-34:10 in Friday's . If you want to hear it for yourself - go there. I had the 8.5 minutes transcribed by an AI for those who would prefer to pick it apart word by word (also, before you pick it apart - again, remember, since it was AI transcribed, some may not be exactly correct and you should go listen to be sure).
There you go.
I don't how I feel about that. But it's probably not worse than not releasing anything for over a year.

Batia

May 4, 2020
Batia -

No, there is no NTR (netorare) in the game. Also, you need to comment in English on this site, unless you are in a thread that specifically allows Russian.

Нет, в игре нет НТР (нетораре). Кроме того, на этом сайте вы должны комментировать на английском языке, если только вы не находитесь в теме, которая специально разрешает русский язык.
Thank you very much

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
There you go.
It is honestly a better release model, since we already know it would've took the update a year or more to be finished either way. There would be at least something to show for it, even if people are gonna complain about it, it's actually nice to see the content again rather than just progress reports be it polished or otherwise.

I'm more interested in the "new things" part of it though, did he just mean the already promised stuff or is it actual new scenes/additions depending on the chunk of the update he's releasing? Idk

Edit: P.S thanks for the transcription.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes