general akil

Mar 1, 2019
i saw this on there discord

We have begun QA testing for the Tech Update internally with selected groups of active Patrons on Discord. Which means we are looking at polishing aspects of the game in preparation for a release!

We want to be transparent about the Tech Update development and release process so here's what you need to know:

How will the Tech Update be released and what content will be accessible?

The initial Tech Update release will only consist of the main "home" stories (Jenny and Debbie), 1st day at school and minor locations. Despite having the majority of the game converted for the Tech Update, this will be the first "part" of the game to be released publicly.

Here are the reasons why we are releasing the game in parts:

Players have been anxious about getting their hands on the new version of the game so now you get to sample all the improvements made and our general direction.

It's easier for us to balance and iron out any issues, bugs or inconsistencies that may pop up. Remember, this is a complete game overhaul so many things have been moved around and affected.

We get feedback from the player base as we roll out the content, which makes it easier to sort different issues and potentially change direction with some of the content.

When will it come out?

All game developers dread this question, but If testing goes well, we hope to release the first build towards the end of the coming month (May). As always, patrons will have exclusive access to a high speed download ahead of public availability.

After the initial release, how long will it take to get the rest of the "parts"?

Our current goal is to aim for a release cadence of roughly 2 months, starting with the initial release. This should give enough time for us to assess how well the content and any improvements were received and also implement the next parts to be released and have them playtested. At present the plan for these releases is for them to be character centric, focusing on adding in whole character routes at a time.

Can I help playtesting the upcoming content?

We currently are full with the QA/testing team but further announcements will be made in case we require additional help.

idk what to say

EvilDave86

Dec 5, 2017

We have begun QA testing for the Tech Update internally with selected groups of active Patrons on Discord. Which means we are looking at polishing aspects of the game in preparation for a release!

We want to be transparent about the Tech Update development and release process so here's what you need to know:

The initial Tech Update release will only consist of the main "home" stories (Jenny and Debbie), 1st day at school and minor locations. Despite having the majority of the game converted for the Tech Update, this will be the first "part" of the game to be released publicly.

Players have been anxious about getting their hands on the new version of the game so now you get to sample all the improvements made and our general direction.

It's easier for us to balance and iron out any issues, bugs or inconsistencies that may pop up. Remember, this is a complete game overhaul so many things have been moved around and affected.

We get feedback from the player base as we roll out the content, which makes it easier to sort different issues and potentially change direction with some of the content.

When will it come out?

All game developers dread this question, but If testing goes well, we hope to release the first build towards the end of the coming month (May). As always, patrons will have exclusive access to a high speed download ahead of public availability.

After the initial release, how long will it take to get the rest of the "parts"?

Our current goal is to aim for a release cadence of roughly 2 months, starting with the initial release. This should give enough time for us to assess how well the content and any improvements were received and also implement the next parts to be released and have them playtested. At present the plan for these releases is for them to be character centric, focusing on adding in whole character routes at a time.

We currently are full with the QA/testing team but further announcements will be made in case we require additional help.

idk what to say
Until new content is released it makes sense it'd be marked abandoned here until regular updates are normalized again. I've been following the progress and the Summertime Saga team has experienced some issues but work hasn't stopped it just got significantly slowed. We'll see what the next few months produce.

• Wow
Reactions: Davai099

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
- abandoned tag on F95 Zone

:sneaky:
It is almost comical how quickly the tag can make developers like this actually put some work in.

And it's a shame because there's some fantastic developers that get 5% of what DarkCookie does, and they consistently release good updates.
But then there's these whales that make more than they deserve that only care about their revenue stream.

KillerKlown

Aug 19, 2018
Some people don't know what time it is, even with the clock shoved in their face.

Darkcookie needlessly started on this "update project" and never updated what was supposed to a minor, months long project years ago despite getting more money than God for two years now...and almost three for a real update.

Gzowl_LiP

Apr 15, 2023
So I went back a few pages because I was curious about how many days there were between the Abandoned tag and DC's Discord post.

Am I seeing this correctly that it happened on the same day?

:illuminati::illuminati:
smiling-mouth-a82e62427a3186ed0d5e3fa3785df6af.png

snowman97

Oct 5, 2019

When will it come out?

idk what to say
Did he actually say that now after all this time of waiting, they will release the whole damn game in tiny parts every two months? How long does that take? Another few years until we reach the point we already reached 2 years ago?

Xana9003

Sep 29, 2018
DC does not bring in $2 million per year. Per data collected by Graphtreon, based upon past performance of average subscription amount per paid subscriber, DC has never made even $1 million per year from Patreon subscribers - his single best month was about $80,000.
1715563924865.png
1715563924865.png

Over the past year, he has hovered around $60-70,000 per month. That's still about $800,000 or so this past year - a hell of a lot of money. It is also one of the most successful adult video games of the past two decades - "finished" or not.

I have no clue what non-studio developers make - but shows some average figures for those who live in the United States. DC also contracts several other people to work along side him. Does that mean they all make what is found on that web page? highly doubtful. I am not denying the thrust of your post - I am simply making sure that there is a better understanding of the data.
I had no idea you could get that kind of information honestly. See I estimated using the figures attached in this screenshot which seem to be way off. From the amount you gave me and some adjustments to my numbers closer to 90% of his subs would have to be in T1
Screenshot 2024-05-14 084621.png

Reactions: Count Morado

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
Did he actually say that now after all this time of waiting, they will release the whole damn game in tiny parts every two months? How long does that take? Another few years until we reach the point we already reached 2 years ago?
Its basically a bi-monthly proof of life. Likely at least a year before we see the full tech release and that's probably being generous. Just remade routes for while and a peak at the tech updates bells and whistles. Its not much for 3 years time, but I for one, am looking forward to seeing to what extent the old content has been remade.

Reactions: itsyeboii
4.20 star(s) 340 Votes