Simbad-sea

May 11, 2020
Does anyone have a video/post where a big creator (not just this one but anyone goes) talks about what patreon means to them? I would like to hear it from that side. As a consumer you pay the money to support something, you want to see it get made. Seeing this dev makes 50 - 90k euros for it monthly you would expect them to putting their full time on this thing and even getting other people to help them. This money is at minimum 10 times what a normal under grad earns in top EU countries (i give this info just as a comparison i dont expect them to earn that amount of money considering they have a great product that they sell). But 2 years and nothing comes. With all of that said as i mentioned i wanna see the opinion of the other side. If somebody has a link for that kind of a post or video where a dev mentions their opinion i would highly appreciate it
You just don't get it. It's a hobby. Developers have jobs, and this is a hobby. You don't need to force them to do their hobby. Go play other games. :KEK:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You just don't get it. It's a hobby. Developers have jobs, and this is a hobby. You don't need to force them to do their hobby. Go play other games. :KEK:
I agree with your implication that the person you replied to doesn't appear to understand how Patreon works, its mission, or specifically the "contract" patrons agree to when subscribing to Dark Cookie.

And for 80% of the adult game developers - it is hobby, a side-gig, or a passion project. The average Patreon adult game developer pulls in about $100 USD per month. For some, they hope to transition it into a full-time gig. Still, only 10% bring in more than $1000 USD after at least 3 years of seeking funding on the Patreon platform.

But for clarity's sake - for Dark Cookie, his small business grosses about $60,000 USD per month and this is not only his occupation, but he also contracts several others to code, pose, write, etc while he draws the art and manages the project how he decides in running his own business.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Well, saves have been compatible ever since 0.19, when they added new stories. I'd guess they'll be compatible for now on again, too.

Else it's almost certainly going to be like mentioned by @Count Morado and you'll get jump to new content option, as we've had them in the past, too. The times where you actually had to replay content have been over for more than 4 years by now.

Edit: Fixed important typo.
that's what i'm saying though, if you play the staggered TU and jump only to the new content everytime you kinda miss what made STS so interesting in the beginning which is the sandbox gameplay where you drop in and out of different story paths, play some of the mini games on the side to get money and so on

you will play it more like a classic VN

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
that's what i'm saying though, if you play the staggered TU and jump only to the new content everytime you kinda miss what made STS so interesting in the beginning which is the sandbox gameplay where you drop in and out of different story paths, play some of the mini games on the side to get money and so on
Yes, you'd indeed just be limited in your options. Then again, I personally was never a big fan of mixing different stories, simply because the game wasn't really made for that in the first place. It may be a sandbox, but it's not 100 % consistent if you - for example - play several major storylines at once.

I mean, those who really want that experience can still wait until the tech update is done or even until Ronda's content is released.

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
I agree with your implication that the person you replied to doesn't appear to understand how Patreon works, its mission, or specifically the "contract" patrons agree to when subscribing to Dark Cookie.

And for 80% of the adult game developers - it is hobby, a side-gig, or a passion project. The average Patreon adult game developer pulls in about $100 USD per month. For some, they hope to transition it into a full-time gig. Still, only 10% bring in more than $1000 USD after at least 3 years of seeking funding on the Patreon platform.

But for clarity's sake - for Dark Cookie, his small business grosses about $60,000 USD per month and this is not only his occupation, but he also contracts several others to code, pose, write, etc while he draws the art and manages the project how he decides in running his own business.
funny youre back,not spouting countdowns.so lets put this to bed -without f95 this game would be no where near what it is now.yes ds does not need us now.but it goes goes to show what you and ds think of this site.as far as i am concerned you are both just ungrateful creeps.spout all you want,i cant take you seriously because you have no ethics or gratitude to the people who got you to this point-not you just ds youre just a mouth piece with no credability,by all means report me-really dont care-just know this you are one sad individual.that respected user tag means nothing apparently,enjoy your evening:)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
So has this affected DC's bottomline at all yet?
And I mean factually.
Well, if you go by pure patron numbers (according to graphtreon) he had ~300 paid members more on may 11th after game got the tag, than he had one month ago on april 11th before the tag.

Given that these are minor differences "not really" is probably the best answer to that question.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
funny youre back,not spouting countdowns.
Back? I never left.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Like how many devs are gonna make more than 50k a MONTH, that is a cold 600k a year.
DC is the top adult game developer on Patreon in terms of the number of paid subscribers. There are a couple who rank higher in terms of dollar amount.
Do non studio developers that make near $2 million dollars a year have jobs? I sure the fuck would not. (Tho it is an estimate worked out of estimated subscriber details on patreon, assuming 35% at T1, 62% at T2 and 3% at T3, actual amounts may vary but i cannot get those details.)
DC does not bring in $2 million per year. Per data collected by Graphtreon, based upon past performance of average subscription amount per paid subscriber, DC has never made even $1 million per year from Patreon subscribers - his single best month was about $80,000.
I am not denying the thrust of your post - I am simply making sure that there is a better understanding of the data.
So has this affected DC's bottomline at all yet?
And I mean factually.
Right now, there's no significant change. It's within expectations based upon the performance of his numbers over the past year.
1715563440245.png
So, I would:
1715563251087.png

Black-Wolf

Jun 9, 2019
you got the intellectually challenged retards who repeat shit over and over again thinking they are smart for knowing exactly what fucking page number he said it at while somehow arguing bs about spam, you got the cocksuckers of DC who argue over stupid shit and still somehow try to justify what is essentially a complete scam, you got that 1 weird ass person who actually ask something about the game content, you got the newcomers that drop in who have no idea wtf is happening, then you got people like me who likes to show up with popcorn every once in a while watch this apocalyptic thread unfold like a sticky rug covered in feces and piss stains.
You somehow excluded the 90% of the posters ITT that hate this game because it's wildly successful and free to download.

• Haha

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The whole Patreon thing for making games is a flawed system.
I agree, to some extent. On the other hand, there were be a lot fewer games starting development without it because work requires resources (time, people, money, equipment, etc). As such, the number of games which have become popular/successful would also be fewer. The kickstarter model has flaws, as well. So does the traditional retail model. No system is perfect, and really no system is better than the other in the overall scheme of things.

HentKingdom

Jan 14, 2023
I agree, to some extent. On the other hand, there were be a lot fewer games starting development without it because work requires resources (time, people, money, equipment, etc). As such, the number of games which have become popular/successful would also be fewer. The kickstarter model has flaws, as well. So does the traditional retail model. No system is perfect, and really no system is better than the other in the overall scheme of things.
People should just work on a game on there own time without public funding.

Japanese games are awesome. And get finished within decent time with lots of content. And no public funding for the most part.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
People should just work on a game on there own time without public funding.

Japanese games are awesome. And get finished within decent time with lots of content. And no public funding for the most part.
For your first point - I already addressed that near the top of my first reply to you. Sure, they could - but there would be ramifications for players, as well. There would be far fewer individuals who would bother, leading to far fewer games available to play (even if not "finished"), as well as other consequences.

For your second - Eroges are usually made by studios, unlike the vast majority of wegs.

TheBeeMan

Jun 24, 2017
You somehow excluded the 90% of the posters ITT that hate this game because it's wildly successful and free to download.
How could I forget!? Though if you are implying I am part of that group, I have stated numerous times I could care less about this game. Its the community around it thats always fun to watch.

Reactions: Black-Wolf
4.20 star(s) 340 Votes