ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
I thought Irredeemable was bad about releasing updates, but he's a one person team. DarkCookie has a big group of people and it's been months since the last release.
They blame Patroen (don't get me wrong, they're a bunch of idiots) but meeting their demands are quite simple, change the dialog... MC is renting a room from an older woman (not mom) along with a younger roommate (not sister). He works for older woman (not Aunt but landlord's best friend). Same with Eric, rent's room from older woman. Add images of Summerville College to show it's not a high school. Because of this, save for a new car rather than saving for college. DC could add a Store to "Pimp his Ride" and perhaps impress Roxy and steal her from Dexter. Summertime Saga is easy. Dating My Daughter on the other hand had several characters that REALLY "looked" underage Very pre-pubescent. But again, not impossible to fix, age them up a bit. Perhaps Dating My Girlfriend's Daughter or Dating My Protege (Google it).

Allow someone "outside the team" to release an inc*st patch for people that want to use it. It IS possible that Patroen has some other unreasonable demands, but I doubt it. I think most of these Developers are over-thinking it. They feel like their creativity be censored (which it is) so they are taking it personally. Patroen is trying to keep the government out of their business (and money) so they are Over-reacting or have low level employees suspending accounts.
I like ALL of these Developers, but they need to stick to a regular release schedule (Mr Dots was pretty good about this, roughly the same time every month). For example: DarkCookie by adding all the teachers at once is being too ambitious, thus the LONG delay.
For example: The sister (roommate) has a LOT more scenes that I'd like like to see. She should visit MC's room at night "begging" for dick, then acting like nothing happened the next morning. She Totally needs a facial! Mrs Bissette should be the first teacher to get new scenes. Maybe she can "romance" the MC into doing something for her. Perhaps luring Roxy into her spiderweb for some girl on girl action. There are many possibilities with "existing" characters, no need to re-invent the wheel.
I'll never be as talented as DarkCookie so these are just suggestions more than complaints. I think he's in a advantageous position having SO much word of mouth adding new donors. But if he would have releases sooner he'd be at $30k plus!

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
Dark Cookie is already the top creator in terms of money, do you think he really cares about the money, especially when there is extra pressure added because of it?

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
Dark Cookie is already the top creator in terms of money, do you think he really cares about the money, especially when there is extra pressure added because of it?
No not the money, I'm saying by releasing more regularly (on a schedule), he'll introduce his game to a lot more people. Word of mouth is everything. The money allows him to work full time on the game rather than working two jobs. Money is just one measurement of success. BUT money obviously plays a major part otherwise Developers wouldn't be SO worried about pleasing Patroen. Mr Dots was so freaked out that he suspended his Patroen page for a short time.

Also I'm saying that creating so many story-lines means that the older stories are almost abandoned. It took FOREVER for DC to advance the Roxy story, and She's his avatar! Judith's story has pretty much stopped, but he's adding more teachers? What about h-scene with Mrs Bissette? Or how about "monster girl". What?
DC can Introduce new characters BUT he needs to complete existing stories. Once a story is complete, make it accessible but only if you want to repeat 'fap" scenes.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
iight question about the GAME .. whats the most realistic release end or march or early april?
DC is kind of unpredictable or his progress bar is misleading. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think artwork is the most time consuming so it takes the longest. Once he's done I believe posing and code are much quicker processes so they can knock it out a lot faster.
So to answer your question, using past performance as a gauge; I'd guess 3 weeks out. So a week into April. BUT really it's just an educated guess. I could take a full month depending on how much they drag their feet.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Having to go through the past few pages and delete dozens on top of dozens of stupid posts about Patreon being an investment vs a donation and other stupid arguments makes me beary beary annoyed. Lets stop with all these stupid Patreon scam artist arguments bruhs unless you'd like to see how quickly I can click the thread ban button.

Pretty Plz.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Allow someone "outside the team" to release an inc*st patch for people that want to use it. It IS possible that Patroen has some other unreasonable demands, but I doubt it. I think most of these Developers are over-thinking it.
I think it's safe to assume even if they themselves are too nervous to release a patch on here, (I did suggest lewdpatcher but they won't even hint towards using it). The modding community here will probably restore the original content. Or, at least most of it.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
No not the money, I'm saying by releasing more regularly (on a schedule), he'll introduce his game to a lot more people. Word of mouth is everything. The money allows him to work full time on the game rather than working two jobs. Money is just one measurement of success. BUT money obviously plays a major part otherwise Developers wouldn't be SO worried about pleasing Patroen. Mr Dots was so freaked out that he suspended his Patroen page for a short time.

Also I'm saying that creating so many story-lines means that the older stories are almost abandoned. It took FOREVER for DC to advance the Roxy story, and She's his avatar! Judith's story has pretty much stopped, but he's adding more teachers? What about h-scene with Mrs Bissette? Or how about "monster girl". What?
DC can Introduce new characters BUT he needs to complete existing stories. Once a story is complete, make it accessible but only if you want to repeat 'fap" scenes.
DC doesn't have two jobs, just SS. And a H-scene with Bissette is coming with 0.15.

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
THAT'S NOT TRUE. He's making the final characters' poses involving the last 2 teachers' quests, now. The only thing he made you won't see in the 0.15 update is Principal Smith's house.
Yeah, this screenshot isn't of a stream from only 4 days ago.

It totally wasn't.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And I'd even disagree about the bad project management. The way DC manages SS is to not do anything twice and not waste any money on stuff that's not useful or really necessary. Making real contigency plans and rework them every update until patreon maybe takes action would have been a colossal waste of time and money.
That's horseshit. How many times has he redrawn the map? The school? Added a third floor? I get that is how a game expands and that's fine. But don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining. He does loads of things twice. The whole 14.5 update was him doing things twice.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah, this screenshot isn't of a stream from only 4 days ago.

It totally wasn't.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She'll get a role in the next update so you can't know that.

That's horseshit. How many times has he redrawn the map? The school? Added a third floor? I get that is how a game expands and that's fine. But don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining. He does loads of things twice. The whole 14.5 update was him doing things twice.
He obviously has to add things to the map update by update because else people like you would complain that he's doing things that aren't necessary right now (as you did in the same post).
And none of the things you mentioned were done twice. The school got added rooms, lockers etc. but almost nothing was redrawn just as map got added content but nothing old that's meant to stay was changed (though the map is a bit of a special case anyway since it's been there since day 1). The same goes by the way for 14.5 - he reused every bit of old mom content and only added to the game. Or do you remeber any art that was lost, changed or not reused?

Edit: By the way, talking to you is rather unpleasant and if you want more or less serious answers words like horseshit and piss are certainly not that productive.

I think there are two ways to create a game on patreon when it comes to introducing characters. Either you do it like DC and add almost all the characters you want to have very early on which leads to a vivid world but has the huge drawback that quite a few characters won't get real content for a very long time (or to be more precise until patreons vote for them, which is why for example Judith and others don't get the update). The alternative would be do to things like KST did in the "The Twist" and start with only 2 or 3 characters, elaborate them and then add more while always adding a little content to each character in every update. The drawback of that is a very sterile world, a story which is somewhat static and hasn't completed arcs, a smaller group of people who will be attracted by different characters and fewer fetishes that can be teased. In the end one always has to find a compromise - sadly.

Reactions: flanby

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017

Oh come on. He obviously has to add things to the map update by update because else people like you would complain that he's doing things that aren't necessary right now (as you did in the same post).
And and none of the things you mentioned where done twice. The school got added rooms, lockers etc. but almost nothing was redrawn just as map got added content but nothing old that's meant to stay was changed (though the map is a bit of a special case anyway since it's been there since day 1). The same goes by the way for 14.5 - he reused every bit of old mom content and only added to the game. Or do you remeber any art that was lost, changed or not reused?
Funny that you say so.

Eric's Poker "minigame" was drawn in December 2016 and had different characters available but this hasn't been implemented yet, even after Eric's mom update.
You can't invite anyone despite the art for other characters (at least Rhonda and the school monitor girl are drawn) being ready.
Back before Sister's update, DC ran out of things to draw because the art was ready (said that himself), yet the coders delayed the update released for over 3 weeks. When the update was released, the coders names were removed from the page.
Now, the update is further delayed, of course Patreon has its faults, but still, this update still hasn't seen the light despite 3 months over and even before the "patreon takedown" the update was still not halfway done.
In the meantime, we saw in the streams characters that had nothing to do with the update being drawn naked (Eve, Rhonda and the Principal) or doing poses that probably aren't going to be featured. And don't say they're going to play a role those drawings, because we know it's not true, the characters like Eve, Judith, the Principal and Rhonda will have their own update.
DC is a professional and skilled, he's capable of drawing quickly and well, i give him too much credit to think otherwise.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Funny that you say so.[...]
It's important to make a disctinction here. The streams are part of his support and people pay to see them, so quite a few (including me) would be mad if he just wouldn't stream for a long time or just do really boring content for weeks.

And yes, there's quite a bit of unused art because of those streams right now but as you say yourself it's not like it won't be used at some point or maybe even this update since almost every important character will have a role in those teacher's quests (just like Roxxy got her shower scene at some point even though it wasn't her update). I'd wait to see what we'll actually get in the end.

So yes, some of it may be wasted time for next time but it's not wasted time for overall developement of the game.

I'd agree that coding and posing seems awfully slow from time to time but given that the limiting factor since quite a while is the speed of DC's drawings it doesn't really matter for the overall progress. I can understand that people get angry though. DC said himself that the code of the game was/is a bit of a mess but since he finally hired someone now to improve that things may get a little faster.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
I follow dc stream every one of them didnt saw him draw any principal smith stuff bro

I follow dc stream every one of them didnt see him draw any principal smith stuff bro
I mean for this update ofc.
The last art task is a bunch of stuff for Principal Smith, DC talked about it a couple days ago.

[/QUOTE]
Is this game onhold, or not????
Of course not. It's a huge update, mentioned in stream today as more than double the size of any previous update.

Reactions: Dgabe1993
4.20 star(s) 340 Votes