itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
It completely astounds me that this has 41K worth of support. I thought it was absurd when it has 12k.

I'm not saying it doesn't "deserve" it but the money doesn't do this project any good. There are 8 people who work on this (2-3 of them I'd say are unnecessary) yet it delivers roughly the same quality, size, and speed as the 6k mark (DC full time).

Before anyone mauls me, I do actually like this game, and I play it every release. It's just sad that this project is so incredibly bottle-necked by poor project management.
I agree, finally a comment with a valid point.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It completely astounds me that this has 41K worth of support. I thought it was absurd when it had 12k.

I'm not saying it doesn't "deserve" it but the money doesn't do this project any good. There are 8 people who work on this (2-3 of them I'd say are unnecessary) yet it delivers roughly the same quality, size, and speed as the 6k mark (DC full time).
I'd agree and disagree. The quality has gone up quite a bit in my opinion (way better quests and not just again and again buying stuff with money, better animations and even better ones are to come, more details in every imaginable way, more and different interactions etc.) but when it comes to speed there's not much that can be done without sacrificing some of its uniqueness. The game is good because DC is drawing it and because of all those small interactions druing streams etc. which give a lot of creative and input. It's like comissioning a picture from a world class painter, you are paying a lot of money because he's making it and you wouldn't pay that money if someone else did it. Since there's only so much that DC can draw the natrual limits are obvious. I mean, he hired a background artist for the future and the animations are outsourced now but that's likely how far we'll get - no matter if the game makes 25.000 a month or 100.000 a month.

Last but not least, it's not like DC is demanding more money or promising to work a lot faster. The last development goal on patreon was set at 25.000 and all he's getting now is additional money.

Redrabbit00

Jul 3, 2018
The buddha says always clear your mind and soul to find rigth path .. so anyway i want to ask i just finish mom sis aunt johnson mia and all teacher except art i cant mold the clay its always alpha whatever . So i cant go on the quest of art so what should i do next.?
i think i need to go on to complete all teacher to get another quest branch to other girl isnt it ?

Tbone

Jun 21, 2017
It's great that he managed to get over 40.000 USD support per month! :)

Not many game devs on patreon can do that!

Reactions: Morah SDG

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
It's great that he managed to get over 40.000 USD support per month! :)

Not many game devs on patreon can do that!
well,DC managed to surpass even some veterans in NSFW projects,like Gabe and Fenoxo(just using examples of some of the oldest i know,i would call other 2 but i dont really recall them right now,so probably i will edit this later when i remember them)

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
I'd agree and disagree. The quality has gone up quite a bit in my opinion (way better quests and not just again and again buying stuff with money, better animations and even better ones are to come, more details in every imaginable way, more and different interactions etc.) but when it comes to speed there's not much that can be done without sacrificing some of its uniqueness. The game is good because DC is drawing it and because of all those small interactions druing streams etc. which give a lot of creative and input. It's like comissioning a picture from a world class painter, you are paying a lot of money because he's making it and you wouldn't pay that money if someone else did it. Since there's only so much that DC can draw the natrual limits are obvious. I mean, he hired a background artist for the future and the animations are outsourced now but that's likely how far we'll get - no matter if the game makes 25.000 a month or 100.000 a month.

Last but not least, it's not like DC is demanding more money or promising to work a lot faster. The last development goal on patreon was set at 25.000 and all he's getting now is additional money.
I'd chalk that up to more or less him going full time.

Most projects, if not all, that are art intensive have multiple artists. To be frank his art isn't ridiculously unique that no one could copy it and he (DC) reuses poses/outlines for pretty much everything.

It's interesting that you bring up the stream. While it's undoubtedly great for engagement, it is an absolutely terrible way to develop a game. I've basically learned he does very little pre-planning, almost solely relies on viewers to make decisions (which affect game design and further bottlenecks code), and makes tasks that should take him 15-30 mins into 2 hrs. When he actually works he is incredibly quick.

I didn't say he was, I'm actually quite impressed that this has managed that much. Plus DC is doing what he wants and getting paid for it which not many people can say that.

The problem is you are getting to the point where a good chunk of people are going to scratch their heads and go something isn't quite right. He has made additional goals for extra help. You can safely assume that *should* help development. If people reach the aforementioned conclusion or lose interest (aka lose faith) money will be pulled.

The real kicker is that DC stated in one of his recent streams that he expects this to take another two years.

Reactions: Khada and Rixen

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It's interesting that you bring up the stream. While it's undoubtedly great for engagement, it is an absolutely terrible way to develop a game. I've basically learned he does very little pre-planning, almost solely relies on viewers to make decisions (which affect game design and further bottlenecks code), and makes tasks that should take him 15-30 mins into 2 hrs. When he actually works he is incredibly quick.
Well, the streams are ~10 hours a week of service and engagement with his supporters which will matter a lot. The game is free, nobody is forced to pay anything and many people value that conversation and entertainment (probably partly as much as the game itself) and pledge because of it.
DC has quite a firm view about the broad picture and I've never seen him compromise on that but the picarto influence makes so many things so much better. One can sit alone and think hours about cetain looks/puns/designs/poses or you can have 100 people brainstorm for 2 minutes and will likely get a more creative and better result and a decision you don't have to worry about because it was taken by the community. Sure there's a time loss but I'm sure as well that the game would be way less popular without the streams.
The problem is you are getting to the point where a good chunk of people are going to scratch their heads and go something isn't quite right. He has made additional goals for extra help. You can safely assume that *should* help development. If people reach the aforementioned conclusion or lose interest (aka lose faith) money will be pulled.

The real kicker is that DC stated in one of his recent streams that he expects this to take another two years.
I don't see any reason why someone should lose faith. DC is certainly one of the most transparent and reliable devs out there and one would have to argue a lot to say something different. Else I think that people aren't dense. It's plainly obvious what's going on and of course the game is going to need another 2 years given its ambition and given the demands by patreons. I'm sure that DC will reach the point where there's going to be enough money saved to finish the game even if patreon numbers go down but as of now there's no indication for rapid negative changes to happen. People complained about the same thing when he was making 20.000 and even predicted the end of the game when the incest changes came but nothing has happened since.

Last but not least I strongly disagree with the conlcusion that more money has to lead to a faster developement. Art doesn't work like that. There are natrual limits and nobody can force DC to give up his artistic freedoms if he doesn't want to. Some/most people seem to respect that until now and those who don't have no choice but to wait.

Dirion

Aug 1, 2017
I love this game and i'm busy enough irl that I don't care if this takes another 2 or 20 years. But pretending like there isn't something strange about the game development speed when you take into consideration the money he has access to and the type of game he's making you're really just making excuses.

Pretty soon the game will have had a budget of effectively millions of dollars and will production wise be a game that has taken 5 years to make to comparitively make something like a ( incredibly lengthy and content rich ) flash game. That doesn't strike anyone as at least odd? Honestly, I don't know what's going on. I 100% believe him when he says he works all day everyday on the game and judging from his streams he has high productivity, so I don't know why everything takes so long.

Reactions: Rixen and Prevat

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Last but not least I strongly disagree with the conlcusion that more money has to lead to a faster developement. Art doesn't work like that. There are natrual limits and nobody can force DC to give up his artistic freedoms if he doesn't want to. Some/most people seem to respect that until now and those who don't have no choice but to wait.
on this part i'm kinda obliged to say that this kind of thing totally varies from artist to artist(not every artist feels confortable with people messing around with his particular trace or vision on his work),i work on my free time with drawing and concepts of characters,and i work in a team of 3 artists,however i'm colorblind and not exactly good with digital drawing,so my works are on the traditional pen and paper way,after i finish my work i send my results to my 2 colleagues,who apply the last changes and refine the work,making the picture that would took me almost an entire day cost me just some couple of hours,and freeing my time to go after other concepts,this spares me the problem of delaying art to my clients and make possible to maintain my hobby as a side job for my free time....every artist works in a way,if DC doesnt want to divide his role with anyone(or dont have anyone he can trust enough for that) its his call,and his call alone,but dont you dare say work cant be make easier with more capable people working on it,instead of just one,everything is possible with a good management...

Reactions: Eavesdropz

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
... every artist works in a way,if DC doesnt want to divide his role with anyone(or dont have anyone he can trust enough for that) its his call,and his call alone,but dont you dare say work cant be make easier with more capable people working on it,instead of just one,everything is possible with a good management...
I think there's a huge difference if you start a project alone and expand it slowly or if you share work right from the start. Unless it's a very big project under strong supervision every person will bring her individual style and taste to the table. It doesn't seem easy to find someone who doesn't need supervision or corrections and who can work independently while develivering what DC is doing now. The art in the game isn't complex and doesn't take much time per scene, so DC obviously doesn't want to spend that time on instructing/supervising/correcting people if he can do it by himself in almost that same time. It takes much more organisation for possibly little benefit.

The only way I could see it work is for DC to actually stop drawing to start coordination several artists but I doubt that's going to happen.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
The buddha says always clear your mind and soul to find rigth path .. so anyway i want to ask i just finish mom sis aunt johnson mia and all teacher except art i cant mold the clay its always alpha whatever . So i cant go on the quest of art so what should i do next.?
i think i need to go on to complete all teacher to get another quest branch to other girl isnt it ?
There's a SS walkthrough thread. Full walkthrough in its OP.

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
No, dude. Why in the fucking damn world can't you understand that the game is totally free and patrons are supporting him just because they think he deserves it? WHY?
Chill dude, just was asking, I never told somebody where to put his/her money on. Ohm mm mm peace Man!

ovan26

May 27, 2017
I agree, finally a comment with a valid point.
he just missing an artist who can help him with art..the animator who animated this update cant draw
if he can find an artist who is talented in copying art style,i am sure he can finish update faster and also SS got an old base code
I'd chalk that up to more or less him going full time.

Most projects, if not all, that are art intensive have multiple artists. To be frank his art isn't ridiculously unique that no one could copy it and he (DC) reuses poses/outlines for pretty much everything.

I didn't say he was, I'm actually quite impressed that this has managed that much. Plus DC is doing what he wants and getting paid for it which not many people can say that.

dude seriously tho you making DC art style sound so easy like any of artist can copy it,if that is true he should already found an artist who can do a background for him.The problem is the amount of money he recieved, he didnt expect this gonna be so big if he really into money he not gonna improve the artstyle and keep make the animation good because he know this project is already big thats why he slowly improved it by hiring Dogeek he already want to fix old code so in future later we can use old saves and no longer need to start from begining if new update come out and making the animation 14-15 frame from 3-5 frame and he is now hiring AEHentai for animation.He is slow but sure improve SS if you are here from begining you should already know and the game is free whenever you pledge or not

4.20 star(s) 343 Votes