exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
And what I'm curious is what DC pays his coder. He's either a lazy one, or paid s*it and that's why he puts little or no effort on it, or the so-called tech-update won't happen in years because the previous coding can't be fixed at the actual state. What's clear it's that DC is investing no patreon resources in his own game and people should have already realized it long time ago. After all these years the game should have got at least some voice acting.
The issue its not the coder, he is not lazy, but he has alot of work compared to rest of the team (that is why people mentioned a need of a 2nd coder, which would help alot the progress), cause if we notice more and more tasks are added to coding and most likely some are from previous coding he done that has to back and remake or add, so the poor guy has to go back and forward with his work, if we need to blame someone its DC cause he does some poor choices.

Valagost

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
The issue its not the coder, he is not lazy, but he has alot of work compared to rest of the team (that is why people mentioned a need of a 2nd coder, which would help alot the progress), cause if we notice more and more tasks are added to coding and most likely some are from previous coding he done that has to back and remake or add, so the poor guy has to go back and forward with his work, if we need to blame someone its DC cause he does some poor choices.
No offense intended and I know people hate Unity. However, if I had the art & text I could have rewritten the entire game 4-5 times by now.

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
No offense intended and I know people hate Unity. However, if I had the art & text I could have rewritten the entire game 4-5 times by now.
I think people hate Unity cause its a pain to learn, i rather use UN5 way easier to use, but i know for certain its possible to make SS in unity few times by the time they taking.

• Haha
Reactions: HUNTER XXX

Valagost

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
I think people hate Unity cause its a pain to learn, i rather use UN5 way easier to use, but i know for certain its possible to make SS in unity few times by the time they taking.
Being a .NET developer for about 20 years now, it has been way easier for me to develop in it over any of the other engines. My struggles are all the other aspects of game dev. :cool:

TheBeeMan

Jun 24, 2017
You guys know he's checking this daily back and forth with everyone to see there is still enough interest to keep milking it. Fucking hell, some of you guys treat this thread like a high school kid that just found out about social media. Here every day bitching or defending. REALLY?! Do you really have nothing else going on? People stop hanging out here, biting their nails waiting, for someone to "comment on their comment". Maybe lack of interest...and dwindling "donations" would light a fire under his ass. Or maybe not.. Some people just suck at being good people even though they make a DECENT(lets get real people) game.
You are not wrong. There's tons of basement dwellers here.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Davai099 and hooter

Gongoru

Oct 20, 2018
It's strange to me to see how DC used to do almost all the work alone and updates came out very often, and now with the expanded staff, not only is development not going faster, it's rolling back, lmao

Reminds me of the AAA-industry, where development has gone up along with the price of games, but quality still can't get up to the games from 20 years ago.

Where the patreon money goes isn't very clear either. Literally a simulation of the activity when your boss walks past your desk and you frantically press the alt tab from solitaire to word document.

Valagost

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
It's strange to me to see how DC used to do almost all the work alone and updates came out very often, and now with the expanded staff, not only is development not going faster, it's rolling back, lmao

Reminds me of the AAA-industry, where development has gone up along with the price of games, but quality still can't get up to the games from 20 years ago.

Where the patreon money goes isn't very clear either. Literally a simulation of the activity when your boss walks past your desk and you frantically press the alt tab from solitaire to word document.
I'm reminded of the Mythical Man-Month.

thedoomerjo

Apr 25, 2017
Any idea on what's currently being worked on for Code? It looks like a relatively small group of tasks judging from the progress bar for it, but it's been stuck at 69% since early December.

Reactions: HardcoreLarry

Cube78

May 10, 2020
As far as I understand the problem in coding tasks is that they often have to put "all the other stuff" together: art, posing and text. So they are blocked if the remaining stuff is not complete.

It seems that the critical category of tasks is 'posing' (even if I still don't understand what posing actually is: does it require code changes or some specific tools?)

Username7

May 1, 2017
Any idea on what's currently being worked on for Code? It looks like a relatively small group of tasks judging from the progress bar for it, but it's been stuck at 69% since early December.
Not really. The "In progress" task are rewiring the remaining teachers. However the past few monthly updates and most of what I usually see in the past 24 hour changes are all over the place. A lot of on the fly bug fixes and whatever internally seems to be the biggest priority at the moment.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes