zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
That still doesn't make any sense. A .5 update is not half of an update, and a 1.0 is not a full update. A .1 is a full update, a .11 is a full update, a .45 is a full update, every update is a full update. DC simply updates via .5s instead of round numbers.
I was under the impression that the sister update was supposed to be 1 and he broke it in 2 releases. Isn't that right?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I was under the impression that the sister update was supposed to be 1 and he broke it in 2 releases. Isn't that right?
Likely not. We'll get the "full" Jenny update with 0.18.0 and 0.18.5 will add some additional sex scenes with Jenny, which you can unlock once her story is done. It's framed like they decided pretty late into making the update that they'd want more scenes for her. If you want to be negative, you may argue that they had planned those scenes all along, although the tracker wouldn't support that, as they did not remove any content for 0.18.0 from there. So it's probably indeed as DC said it is, and they simply decided that Jenny needed some more sex. The lack thereof is by the way something many people didn't like about Diane's update and thus one could argue, that it's indeed a reaction to those critics.

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
Well, the prime idea of being a patron is to support a creator, that means if I enjoy the content created by that person/group I will donate to show my enjoyment towards him. When I tried Summertime Saga for the first time I had this urge of supporting him, but I knew that it would become what it is today, so I didn't support him. I don't really blame him, I think it's obvious that he's delaying the patch so he can have more income, at least until he starts to see his numbers going down. Can we judge him for that? Not really. He's trying to make a living out of this and he's trying to make as much as he can while it lasts, because nothing is forever. And no, there's no contradiction in what I'm saying, I would have supported him if he was honest from the start. Like I said, there's nothing wrong in doing what he does right now, just don't hide it; don't say that the patch is almost done when it's not, don't say a lot of things that are not true, just be honest.
See, the most important part of your post is when you said, "I think..." That tells us that everything g you said in the post is an opinion, and thus not based in fact. It's based upon what you would do in DC's position, which has no bearing on the actual situation.

No one but DC himself and the dev team truly know what goes on behind the scenes, what the update schedule should be and when the game will be finished. any and all speculation is therefore pointless.

But people will keep doing it, and and calling DC greedy and all, mostly because they themselves are impatient and greedy themselves.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I highly doubt a simple coder gets the same cut as he does but did you ever hear about taxes and how high they are if you earn that much lmao?
You are aware that a "simple coder" is the highest paid member of any professional development team, right? More than artists, writers, modelers and in some cases even section leads make less than a programmer would on a projection. "Simple code" makes or breaks any and all game development.

Reactions: Sync and anextour

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
You are aware that a "simple coder" is the highest paid member of any professional development team, right? More than artists, writers, modelers and in some cases even section leads make less than a programmer would on a projection. "Simple code" makes or breaks any and all game development.
The programmers make up the bulk of anything. Artists are more highly specialized and command a higher pay from their base knowledge of coding + architecture or whatever they're working on. Modelers would fit right about with artists.

This doesn't even get into software engineers, or the other highly specialized types of programming that can command a higher pay to make the game run far more efficiently. I would highly suggest you not use this as a model because this can change from structure to structure. For example, EA and Activision are not really well known for how they pay their programmers due to inordinate crunch and Valve has the workers

I won't even get into the indie places who run their own little structures and businesses which gives them different areas of overlap.

Let's just say that there's as many ways to do this as there are stars in the sky and call it a day.

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
See, the most important part of your post is when you said, "I think..." That tells us that everything g you said in the post is an opinion, and thus not based in fact. It's based upon what you would do in DC's position, which has no bearing on the actual situation.

No one but DC himself and the dev team truly know what goes on behind the scenes, what the update schedule should be and when the game will be finished. any and all speculation is therefore pointless.

But people will keep doing it, and and calling DC greedy and all, mostly because they themselves are impatient and greedy themselves.
And everything you just said is opinion, and thus not based on fact. See how easy that is ;) People call DC greedy because everything he does has a weird coincidence of making him more money. Devs are on Patreon to make money. Hell, while pulling in 50k a month he changed his tier rewards to take away wallpapers from people who have been supporting him for years.

That had nothing to do with money though right. It was his artistic expression that drove that decision. As an artist he just didn't want so many of his supporters to see his art, unless they want to pay more for it that is..

The ridiculousness is at an all time high lol. As for the impatient and greedy part you don't have to be impatient and greedy to know what something is when you see it. I don't really have a problem with greed when it comes to something like this if people want to give him the money. I personally don't give a shit if people want to give him that much money or how long it takes for the updates to come out.

That does not however mean I am going to pretend everything he does isn't to make as much money as he can. That would just be dumb.

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
can I get a nuke in this thread? pls people PRIVATE MESSAGE off this thread I don't want to see the " well he makes this and does that" I just want to see stuff about the game and what its about... scratch that in this entire time ive read replies ppl seem more concerned about a games monetary making than what the game is being brought out for... I support the dev because its pretty damn good content and as long as its being pumped out the same way or even better ANYBODY should enjoy it and if your paying the dev for the work on the game THEN you got a voice other than that please nuke comments on off topic points UNLESS it has a DIRECT impact on the game. im not a patreon but even so I aint complaining cause I aint paying peace :p

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
can I get a nuke in this thread? pls people PRIVATE MESSAGE off this thread I don't want to see the " well he makes this and does that" I just want to see stuff about the game and what its about... scratch that in this entire time ive read replies ppl seem more concerned about a games monetary making than what the game is being brought out for... I support the dev because its pretty damn good content and as long as its being pumped out the same way or even better ANYBODY should enjoy it and if your paying the dev for the work on the game THEN you got a voice other than that please nuke comments on off topic points UNLESS it has a DIRECT impact on the game. im not a patreon but even so I aint complaining cause I aint paying peace :p
So you think people should not be able to comment on something unless they pay for it? Interesting. Well shit, the Olympics are coming up next year and I had plans of having an opinion on somethings about it but after your philosophical bombshell I can't because I didn't pay for it. Can I still have an opinion about my local football team? Crap, I haven't given them any money either so I guess I can't do that... Lmao, what a ridiculous argument.

Also more people would be talking about the game if anything was happening with it but for weeks now there has been nothing.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
that is,with this comment of yours you just probably rekindled the fire in some people who just gave up arguing,unless you do wanted to see more discussions...as for nuking the thread,you probably just going to make mods upset asking for that,seriously,most of these discussions begin becuz we're discussing about the game,its inevitable,simple as that,the conversation will always go that way one moment or another,you can discuss with us,or just ignore,its something all of us end up doing sometimes,so please man,dont waste the mods time unless someone offends you,otherwise you will just shitslinging a hornet nest and you probably wont gonna stick around with us to feel the backlash...

Reactions: BoykaBoykov
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes