asker

Oct 6, 2017
They have a job to do and they're doing it at their own pace. They are, in no way, obligated to speed up development because a minority of people believe they should. You see how many people are paying? 17,377 patrons. That many are paying and happy to pay at the current rate. The relative handful who are complaining have pulled their funding or have never funded in the first place.

There are thousands of games out there in the AIF world. Hundreds that are good, dozens that are great and few that are amazing. There are even more "legitimate" games out there by many developers. It's not like SS is the only game out there. Go play something else.
I can play whatever game i want , and again i can comment whatever game i want.It is my opinion you don't have to wrote saga lol. The "17,377 patrons" will see the truth and fraud.they are working on this so called update with 6 month , and he said last week "we will give new/extra scene at update 18.5 , sorry the not many people see this milking.
And I'm not playing this game for fapping.Just for story and arts.Never said DC isn't talented or else.BUT he need to do get his shits together and make effective updates.

Reactions: anextour

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Whoever might be the trap in the future I hope it would be optional.

But again i don't see the point of taking more time to develop trap content, don't get me wrong i'm not kinkshaming those who are into it but clearly this game doesn't go for the trap audience. Since the beginning you play as a dude fucking chicks, it's just too bad if the dev put a lot of time on an update with 50% straight content and 50% trap content, since each updates gives us like 5-6 new scenes then adding trap content will reduce that number in terms of straight scenes. Unless he takes more time for this update, but updates are already pretty slow to come out lol.
The deed is done, the trap has finally leaked. MC will find a body swap potion.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I can play whatever game i want , and again i can comment whatever game i want.It is my opinion you don't have to wrote saga lol. The "17,377 patrons" will see the truth and fraud.they are working on this so called update with 6 month , and he said last week "we will give new/extra scene at update 18.5 , sorry the not many people see this milking.
By all means do so, but don't be one of those people who falsely claim his income level should influence release speed. Because that's not how Patreon works. Patreon allows you to tip people for content they've already created.

Reactions: Sync

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I'm not comparing a half update with a half update, I'm comparing a 1.0 with a 1.0.
That still doesn't make any sense. A .5 update is not half of an update, and a 1.0 is not a full update. A .1 is a full update, a .11 is a full update, a .45 is a full update, every update is a full update. DC simply updates via .5s instead of round numbers.

Jul 28, 2017
By all means do so, but don't be one of those people who falsely claim his income level should influence release speed. Because that's not how Patreon works. Patreon allows you to tip people for content they've already created.
Funny how the Patreon page specifically states pay up front. kinda makes a mockery of the tip for the content already created ;)

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Funny how the Patreon page specifically states pay up front. kinda makes a mockery of the tip for the content already created ;)
While it can be used as a subscription service for access (see Roundscape Adorevia for example with no free version) Summertime Saga is free to access.

From Patreon's about page

Patreon powers membership businesses for creators by giving them the tools they need to acquire, manage, and energize their paying patrons. With a subscription-style payment model, fans pay their favorite creators a monthly amount of their choice in exchange for exclusive access, extra content, or a closer look into their creative journey.

This model is a win-win; creators retain creative freedom while getting the salary they deserve, and fans get to rest easy knowing that their money goes directly towards creating more of what they love.
Subscribers for SS are getting access to extra content (Patron only posts, etc.). The closer look at the creative journey is open to all with the free streams, and there is no exclusive access for the title.

Dark Cookie retains his creative freedom while getting paid. Key word from that quote is "Creative Freedom". The freedom to create his content on his terms, not the subscribers.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
People aren't paying to play the game though and one can play for free without spending a cent. What they pay for are the benefits on his homepage and stuff like that (at best a line in the game). And in that regard it does make sense to pay up front, else people would use those features for weeks and then simply pull their pledge before the month ends. Next to that he actually made a poll on patreon and people accepted this new method.

Reactions: Sync

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah, I don't get this. Its obvious that she wasn't asleep and was waiting to see how far MC was going to go.
I'd guess the main reason is simply that it doesn't fit her new story. The scene itself was part of this really bad "trial and error" story design and I'm fairly certain they got rid of that completely. Since it the scene was really old and had to be redone, they probably had the choice to either redo it without that much purpose or to spend that time on something else. DC talked about the option of letting that scene stay in its unreworked form as an extra - but nobody knows if that's going to happen or not. I'd personally guess it won't.

Reactions: Jonboy80

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I'd guess the main reason is simply that it doesn't fit her new story. The scene itself was part of this really bad "trial and error" story design and I'm fairly certain they got rid of that completely. Since it the scene was really old and had to be redone, they probably had the choice to either redo it without that much purpose or to spend that time on something else. DC talked about the option of letting that scene stay in it's unreworked form as an extra - but nobody knows if that's going to happen or not. I'd personally guess it won't.
Good point. No telling how differently the story plays out now.

Reactions: doshirak228

Deleted member 662393

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2018
I don't really know where that 6 months figure comes from, though. It's 131 days right now which broadly equals 4 months and a few days (if one wants to be generous one should indeed subtract 1 or 2 weeks christmas holidays, which I guess he earned himself). That means we'll get 0.18 after 4,5 months and not 6.

I mean, sure, one can argue about 2 or 3 weeks but I doubt those will really make a difference to most.

This update =)
Oh shit but I'm still sad that there was no preggo sex with diane so my hopes are not high XD

Reactions: Big-T

Deleted member 662393

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2018
And so, he has a profit of $ 53k for April, of which Patreon receives a -5% tax, we get $ 50,350, we divide it into 5 people, we get 10.070 per 1 employee. Apparently this is a very small amount, since the issues each time more and more come out.
Further more, 135 days have passed since the release of version 0.17.5. At the moment, version 0.18.0 is 98% ready. As a result, 1.32% is done per day.
Apparently all the same $ 50k is really a small amount for 5 people to release the game faster ...
I highly doubt a simple coder gets the same cut as he does but did you ever hear about taxes and how high they are if you earn that much lmao?

Reactions: doshirak228

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Good point. No telling how differently the story plays out now.
Yeah, we'll know very soon. In those other new stories, like Roxxy or Diane for example, every step makes sense and the player will usually know what to do, simply by playing the game. I'd expect the same for Jenny's new story.

Oh shit but I'm still sad that there was no preggo sex with diane so my hopes are not high XD
Yes, Jenny won't get those scenes either - and for a very long time (maybe even for ever) nobody will. DC should probably have limited pregnancies to maybe 2, 3 or 4 characters and spend the time he saved not drawing all those other characters on making some good scenes for those few who can get pregnant. Sure, some people wouldn't be happy because their favourite character was left out, but I'm sure it would have been beneficial for the game as a whole.

Qoruto

Jan 27, 2018
Well, the prime idea of being a patron is to support a creator, that means if I enjoy the content created by that person/group I will donate to show my enjoyment towards him. When I tried Summertime Saga for the first time I had this urge of supporting him, but I knew that it would become what it is today, so I didn't support him. I don't really blame him, I think it's obvious that he's delaying the patch so he can have more income, at least until he starts to see his numbers going down. Can we judge him for that? Not really. He's trying to make a living out of this and he's trying to make as much as he can while it lasts, because nothing is forever. And no, there's no contradiction in what I'm saying, I would have supported him if he was honest from the start. Like I said, there's nothing wrong in doing what he does right now, just don't hide it; don't say that the patch is almost done when it's not, don't say a lot of things that are not true, just be honest.

Reactions: BoykaBoykov
4.10 star(s) 356 Votes