MC's Hammer

Apr 23, 2018
It's not really cutting them, DC wiggled the tech build inbetween 0.20.8 and R(h)onda's. At worst it pushed her ~5-6 months later. Both her and Annie will still get their updates, just next year instead of 2021-ish
So, it's not line cutting.. it's line cutting.

Reactions: tywren

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Tech build wasn't planned, he polled for it 2x and people said yes. He then had to find a spot for it in the schedule and it had to be now to help not fuck the future updates, so he dumped it after 0.20.8 and it shoved the others further down the years

It's not like if Judith's update suddenly came next month instead of everything else cause DC had a brainfart and remembered she existed after 3 years of nothing

sway1ze

Nov 10, 2020
hello guys i played the 20.5 version and want to update the new version how can i do it without installing the full game again ?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ You don't, they only release fullbuilds. You either download that or you can't play
DC has some serious management problems. Those 6 sex scenes are only going to slow down the tech update.
Yeah, doing art for 6 scenes on a 99%+ coding-centric update will surely slow down the coder-dude. Making sense wasn't part of the deal

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The tech update will not be 99% code, in order to change the game to widescreen he will have to change every single background and he will have to edit all the current animations. I agree that most of the work will be coding and posing but I think people are underestimating the amount of art work he will have to do for that update.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Before you cast your vote, please read what the tech update includes:

Visual and art improvements:

• Widescreen conversion - adding more space for dialogue, backgrounds, interface and the entire game
  • Widescreen will also fit on mobile devices (no more black bars)
  • Widescreen will also expand the map to allow more locations
  • Multiple sex scenes and animations to existing stories (5 to 8 new ones)
Build system improvements which will help:

• Speed up build times - allowing for more frequent testing.
  • Reduce WIP game size - another win for tighter test cycles.
  • Reduce duplication of assets - by calculating processing metadata in advance.
  • Increase asset flexibility - due to more uniform exporting and processing.
  • Clear versioning - adopting semantic versioning to make clear what is, and is not, a hotfix
  • Game icon behaviour on Android - by conforming more closely to platform guidelines.
Code base improvements which will help:

• Save compatibility to be prioritised during dev cycles - rather than relying on a solely manual best-effort approach.
  • Dynamic assembly of game assets - reducing the time taken to build new and edit existing locations.
  • Dynamic environment construction - ensuring that dialogue backgrounds more reliably match the zoomed out ones.
  • Character tracking and scheduling - to help ensure characters don't clone themselves or teleport around.
  • Expand transition opportunities - allowing more complex visual transitions.
  • Conflict avoidance - allowing conflicts to be pre-empted and reshuffled to provide a smoother narrative.
  • Support the new widescreen format - need to ensure everything keeps lining up!
  • Quest/route prioritisation - allowing more "urgent" world events to take place over "random" ones.
  • QA - providing more and updating support for those testing the game (and those abusing it!)
  • Future updates - by improving how the gameplay loop is built to avoid "large stack" issues.
  • Accessibility - improving access to text-size and dyslexic font controls.
  • Performance - various tweaks, bells, and whistles to avoid destroying your phone battery.
According to this : 4/22 is art. Or ~18%. Unless those 4 points take a year each, coding still > the rest

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Mia will have her story reworked in the future, there is no point in adding new scenes for her now.

tywren

Jun 28, 2019
Edit:

The lighthouse seems pretty much random at the moment. I don't know whether they'll actually use it at some point.

DC did talk about moving the appartment building, but it looks like he decided against it and the top right corner will be used for an arcade/bowling alley instead. Else it looks like he wants to have some kind of diner for dates, too.
An arcade can be added to the mall, maybe move it into the spot where the theater is now, and then put a drive-in at one of the open spaces.

Reactions: Ranma

caspian90

Feb 8, 2020
I just don't understand why Eve gets another scene?
It would makes sense if they add Dating System but until then why would you add another scene where she already has too many.
Grace, Roxy, Debbie and Rebecca are ok to have new scenes either they are the main target (Poster Girl) or simply their scenes are little/outdated.
Jenny again is kinda meh cause she already has few scenes but idk. People like to bang their (Step)sisters well whatever I never had one and probably never will.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I just don't understand why Eve gets another scene?
most popular girl in summertime saga, simple as that. she's not my personal favourite anymore but i don't mind another scene with her, there aren't that many honestly, jenny for example has a lot more i think (and she's also getting another one)

Reactions: Necronlord3 and EJW
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes