May 31, 2018
by the time the tech update is finished, tech will have advanced enough that another tech update will be necessary :)
That's why I'm happy there's tons of other games and this is part reason why I don't do Patreon you don't know if your paying for a game or if they gonna drop project happen to many bigger time devs outside here also so you never know
Don't worry, this might be their job, employed by the dev.
Along with the mandatory facepalm reactions made by Omnikuken whenever theres a slight criticism...
And have i mentioned it's not just F95, Reddit is picking up on this too.
Lastly, f*ck do i care how much he's making on this. I'm pissed because there is no virtual progress.

I strongly encourage anyone who feels like they are not getting their promised content to make a complaint if necessary at Patreon support:
idk i think that person who face palm is paid by few devs cause few of my post not just on here kept getting facepalm so i end up deleting them and clicking ignore on thatp erson profile

tbh i heard many time instead of doing usual work on stream person would drink and talk about alc on it but my opinion is why would they rush the game progress when they are making ton of money taking it slow so no need to really put in work once money slows up then i bet devs would get to it

Last edited:

Marphey

May 13, 2019
The main problem is that the 'trigger' (main story is complete) for the game to be "Completed/Abandoned" (depending on your view they are mutually exclusive) are already in the game, which games in the past (other devs) have trailed a few updates off then the "Completed/Abandoned" tag hits it.
There are quite a few games that are "Completed" which are actually "Abandoned"
Yeah "Completed" means jack shit. Sometimes devs don't even patch out all the "Available in the next update" messages when you try to do something in the game.

Apr 22, 2019
Don't worry, this might be their job, employed by the dev.
Along with the mandatory facepalm reactions made by Omnikuken whenever theres a slight criticism...
And have i mentioned it's not just F95, Reddit is picking up on this too.
Lastly, f*ck do i care how much he's making on this. I'm pissed because there is no virtual progress.

I strongly encourage anyone who feels like they are not getting their promised content to make a complaint if necessary at Patreon support:
Together with mod-kun deleting any sort of criticism or negative comments regards STS and DC, same thing goes on their discord profile, even worse.

May 31, 2018
Yeah "Completed" means jack shit. Sometimes devs don't even patch out all the "Available in the next update" messages when you try to do something in the game.
ive seen many devs ditch great games just to work on another ive even seen few beg for monehy for one game get tons of it then do 1 update ditch it for a new game and ask for more money

Mar 6, 2021
Doing this stuff is not as easy as a lot of people think, You have to be creative, an artist, a coder, and a writer/storyteller. Go for it - waiting on your game.
you act like drawing some cartoon titties is hard? LOL and coming up with some mediocre story about the nerdy kid with the big dick fucking all the girls is hard? LOL and then using a program the basically makes the game for you is hard.... the real hard part is it's been done to death. every game on here is almost the same story
go look up the top 10 games on here. they are all the same story. guy with big dick fucks all the girls... LOL ;)

Last edited:
May 31, 2018
you act like drawing some cartoon titties is hard? LOL and coming up with some mediocre story about the nerdy kid with the big dick fucking all the girls is hard? LOL and then using a program the basically makes the game for you is hard.... the real hard part is it's been done to death. every game on here is almost the same story
go look up the top 10 games on here. they are all the same story. guy with big dick fucks all the girls... LOL ;)
its taking so long because i bet do is chilling relaxing ive seen bigger better harder games made by a solo dude get done quicker and if its so hard why dont he hire help with all the money he gets

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
beep-boop, incoming "Circle-jerk alert!!!" :PogChamp:
Sissy slap-fight!!! Grab the poopcorn. :poop:
We've got:
Muh tech update mommy-milkers o_O vs. the Shills, aka DarkCookie's Own Regiment of Simps :eek:
Who will win!?!? :KEK:
The ones with no investment either way who are just watching from the sidelines. Jesus Christ, with how much bitching and moaning in here I wonder who got it worse, the ones begging the few patrons here to quit (which basically means shit since that's probably not even the majority of the ones paying) or the ones who get baited by them.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
The ones with no investment either way who are just watching from the sidelines. Jesus Christ, with how much bitching and moaning in here I wonder who got it worse, the ones begging the few patrons here to quit (which basically means shit since that's probably not even the majority of the ones paying) or the ones who get baited by them.
Maybe we could get a little skin in the game by starting a betting pool on which side can slap the other sillier. :ROFLMAO:

Gguga12

Aug 12, 2016
The main problem is that the 'trigger' (main story is complete) for the game to be "Completed/Abandoned" (depending on your view they are mutually exclusive) are already in the game, which games in the past (other devs) have trailed a few updates off then the "Completed/Abandoned" tag hits it.
There are quite a few games that are "Completed" which are actually "Abandoned"
I think we technically are still missing the ball, the start of the game gives the 3 objectives to the Mc (Find what happened to his father(done), get money to pay his father's debt(which can be done but who knows if they will expand it) and get a girl for the school ball(still missing))

Last edited:

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
Doing this stuff is not as easy as a lot of people think, You have to be creative, an artist, a coder, and a writer/storyteller. Go for it - waiting on your game.
Developing visual novels is not as expensive or time consuming as you think, otherwise ORCSOFT and Miel would be out of business. And at least those companies have the decency of putting voice acting in all of their games, and ORCSOFT in particular has a quality of art that DarkCookie could only dream of being half as good.

One of ORCSOFT's titles was also fairly long, 17 hours of read time. And that's a VN with no gameplay, just story and sex scenes. There's also titles like Black Lilith's Taimanin Yukikaze 2, with a read time of 26 hours. Summertime Saga is estimated to have around 28 hours of play time as of v0.20.14] by the way.

You could say Summertime Saga having both gameplay and story on top of tons of sexual content makes it harder to develop, but VN's like Sengoku Rance have all three of those at higher quality than SS and it even has 60 hours of playtime.

Then you could say those are big companies with entire teams and big budgets behind them, but here's the issue; DC as a single person is bringing in as much money as some of the best selling visual novels of all time. The entire Rance series, comprising of 16 games have in total only sold like 1 million copies across a time span of 34 years.

Meanwhile DC has been earning at least 50K$ a month since November of 2018, once even hitting a peak of 80K$ in October of 2021. That's around 3 million dollars even after the cut that Patreon gets.

To put this into perspective, of the 30 or so best selling visual novels of all time (there being 40K visual novels in VNDB alone), the lowest of them, Dies Irae, has only sold 100K copies, at 40$ for the whole thing it amounts to 4 million dollars. The game has a fantastic story (or so I'm told), a read time of 80 hours, voice acting, sexual content and pretty decent art in my opinion.

Obviously that sheer amount of money didn't go all to a single person, not to mention the VN was originally released in 2007. So in short, Summertime Saga's development has no excuse no matter from what angle you look at it.

JupitersSon

Mar 9, 2020
Developing visual novels is not as expensive or time consuming as you think, otherwise ORCSOFT and Miel would be out of business. And at least those companies have the decency of putting voice acting in all of their games, and ORCSOFT in particular has a quality of art that DarkCookie could only dream of being half as good.

One of ORCSOFT's titles was also fairly long, 17 hours of read time. And that's a VN with no gameplay, just story and sex scenes. There's also titles like Black Lilith's Taimanin Yukikaze 2, with a read time of 26 hours. Summertime Saga is estimated to have around 28 hours of play time as of v0.20.14] by the way.

You could say Summertime Saga having both gameplay and story on top of tons of sexual content makes it harder to develop, but VN's like Sengoku Rance have all three of those at higher quality than SS and it even has 60 hours of playtime.

Then you could say those are big companies with entire teams and big budgets behind them, but here's the issue; DC as a single person is bringing in as much money as some of the best selling visual novels of all time. The entire Rance series, comprising of 16 games have in total only sold like 1 million copies across a time span of 34 years.

Meanwhile DC has been earning at least 50K$ a month since November of 2018, once even hitting a peak of 80K$ in October of 2021. That's around 3 million dollars even after the cut that Patreon gets.

To put this into perspective, of the 30 or so best selling visual novels of all time (there being 40K visual novels in VNDB alone), the lowest of them, Dies Irae, has only sold 100K copies, at 40$ for the whole thing it amounts to 4 million dollars. The game has a fantastic story (or so I'm told), a read time of 80 hours, voice acting, sexual content and pretty decent art in my opinion.

Obviously that sheer amount of money didn't go all to a single person, not to mention the VN was originally released in 2007. So in short, Summertime Saga's development has no excuse no matter from what angle you look at it.
The numbers don't lie really do they. That's pretty damn crazy when you look at it from this perspective. At some point people really need to accep that DC's management is just outright bad.

Aug 13, 2019

All games you mention are with incomprehensible to the rest of the world Japanese art style, Japanese voice over, targeting Japanese adult population twisted on anime. They live in their own anime styled bubble, let them be. This western style game is complete opposite. And people pay for do not intersect with people that pay for Japanese games.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
All games you mention are with incomprehensible to the rest of the world Japanese art style, Japanese voice over, targeting Japanese adult population twisted on anime. They live in their own anime styled bubble, let them be. This western style game is complete opposite. And people pay for do not intersect with people that pay for Japanese games.
1679982621208.png

dexxinax

Aug 4, 2019
Damn this came up in news feed ??? wtf . whats it been 2 years now, are they still doing/lol/claiming their "is tech update" excuse. 2 years later. is our tech update if you still paying them you got some screws loose.. XD

Last edited:
Reactions: CassidyPRO

Heff_Wulf

Sep 30, 2017
Ah the "Disney", "DC", "AAA Gaming", "Fanboy/Fangirl" excuse 'it's a different target audience you can't compare the two' doesn't work as it's the same product type and therefore is the same audience.

1. Branded beauty products > Non-branded beauty products
2. Disney or DC Comics > Third Party Comics
3. AAA Games > Indie Games
4. New Games > Old Games
5. New Movie/Series > Old Movie/Series
6. Big company Movie/Series > Indie/Third Party Movie/Series

Those are just examples but in all companies and individuals have tried to say that the one product cannot be compared to another in the same industry.

Last edited:

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
WTF? You haven't heard of Doki Doki Literature Club? The game was made by an American, it doesn't target the Japanese population since it's in English and it has no voice acting. Yet it is the best-selling standalone (not a series) visual novel at 2.5 million copies.

It does have a "Japanese anime art style", but like, that's the most common thing about most visual novels.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes