Jan 14, 2018
"This new scene will also be used ingame for the Tech update (improving existing stories)!"

Does this imply that the other wallpapers released previously (featuring Odette, Grace, Diane, and ConSumR-lady) are also for additional scenes? :unsure:
They'll just be up on the screen with 4 lines of text, they're not for additional sex scenes.
It's just for the story part so either following a sex scene or right before one. Like in this case it's probably MC waking up after the landlady nighttime/bed sex scene that's already in the game.

badmojo90

Jan 28, 2018
/sigh well I have been a fan of this one for a long time now and I will say this; This is not a triple "A" game made in unreal engine 5 or anything remotely close: This game is a Ren'py visual novel that has actually gotten more money shot at it than many Triple "A" titles do. What we currently have is an amazing product, I do wish he would finish it and make a sequel. Instead the creator seems to have put it into 'early access' style limbo to milk people for money rather than give his supporters what they have been paying him 80k+ a month for (about 1 million a year). I still love this game and will stay until it finally (if ever) is finished. But frankly it might be time for our modders to take it out of his hands and finish it their way. There are soooo many talented Ren'py pro's out there I am sure (if only to spite him) you could round out the games loose ends your way. The Naughty Tribute Mod is a perfect example of what I mean.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Up to you but I would say put a reminder and check back in maybe 4 years or so, by then it will be actually finished...I think
I suppose but I'd rather just move on and if I happen to come across a finished version of it one day then it'd just be a nice surprise. Honestly, I think my not having played it for so long shows how little I'm invested in its future.
The style of the game is what got me interested in it. I don't like any of the characters' looks and there are similar games that have come out since then so it's not exactly unique anymore in terms of art style and it being an open-world sandbox.
Those other games may or may not be better and some of them are still in their early stages of development but at the very least, I can wait 4 to 6 months and either get the "Abandoned" tag or actually seem some progress in terms of content. Either way, it's better than this weird kind of limbo/stagnant state.

Jan 14, 2018
I suppose but I'd rather just move on and if I happen to come across a finished version of it one day then it'd just be a nice surprise. Honestly, I think my not having played it for so long shows how little I'm invested in its future.
The style of the game is what got me interested in it. I don't like any of the characters' looks and there are similar games that have come out since then so it's not exactly unique anymore in terms of art style and it being an open-world sandbox.
Those other games may or may not be better and some of them are still in their early stages of development but at the very least, I can wait 4 to 6 months and either get the "Abandoned" tag or actually seem some progress in terms of content. Either way, it's better than this weird kind of limbo/stagnant state.
Which games are those? Any recommendations?

Forgetting about it is the right move. Good on you.
And I do agree, IMO games like STS should get a "slow development" tag or "limbo" tag to differentiate them from other ones.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Which games are those? Any recommendations?

Forgetting about it is the right move. Good on you.
And I do agree, IMO games like STS should get a "slow development" tag or "limbo" tag to differentiate them from other ones.
Hmm, there is one but I think you may already know about it. It's the one that's been criticized before as a subpar clone of Summertime Saga and it's not necessarily as good in my opinion. Another one has a lot of reading, has a medieval/magic setting, and it's still in early dev. There's also another one whose name I can't remember right now. It has something to do with summer camp or something and it's still in early dev (I roughly count anything with under 5 updates as "early dev" to make things simple)

I don't fuck with this genre of 2D art work too much to be honest but my point was that the two facets that I was interested in aren't exactly unique to Summertime Sage anymore and if it takes another 4 years at least for the game to finish, I'd bet there'd be similar titles that come out in the meantime as well.

Hmm possibly, though I think those tags would either make things complicated or wouldn't serve too much purpose.
- Those who are willing to wait will still continue to wait and be active on the thread. Those who don't care enough will just continue to ignore it.
- "Slow development" or "limbo" might be too subjective and may become a point of contention.
I'm not putting too much weight on the second point since I have no clue what might happen but the first point I definitely feel like is what makes it pointless for me personally. Would it save people the trouble of deciding whether or not to try the game? Possibly. Though I think it'd fall back into an argument over whether or not something is in "slow development" and would still require some guesswork and asking around on the individual's part.

(Plus if we're talking about new features for this site, I'd just like it if we could remove reviews that we've made or if the "review" text box was bigger when writing one)

rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
I'm guessing it just means the wallpaper will be used in her story, maybe all of her art (except scenes) will get updated now that they're reposing everything anyways, that would make sense, don't know if this is confirmed tho.
I really hope you're right. I'll take any step in the right direction for Debbie getting her art updated. The second wallpaper for Debbie is outstanding and it gives me hope for something positive about the tech update. I have to admit that I've been fairly down on it as we cross the 2 year mark, but if I get Debbie out of it then all is forgiven as far as I'm concerned, but to each their own.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
I really hope you're right. I'll take any step in the right direction for Debbie getting her art updated. The second wallpaper for Debbie is outstanding and it gives me hope for something positive about the tech update. I have to admit that I've been fairly down on it as we cross the 2 year mark, but if I get Debbie out of it then all is forgiven as far as I'm concerned, but to each their own.
I hope I'm right too, although I'm not the biggest fan of her new visual style she desperately needs updated art and could use some fluffing out when it comes to her quest. I highly doubt she's getting new scenes in the tech-update though unless DC surprises us.

And I think most of us are tired of the tech-update, just gotta hope that it at least comes out sometime this year, preferably sooner than later.

Henk001

May 6, 2020
Holy shit, I had a sudden nostalgia attack and thought, what was that game named again? summer something?.
The drama! wtf the game is basically at the same point I played it 3,5 / 4 years ago..... Is this his full time job? HOW?

Why are people still paying him ?_? you could have supported actual devs who make shit, and that appreciate all the supporters by giving hem some insight in their dev cycle...

Oh well, I'm sure I will have another nostalgia craving in a couple of years if i'm still alive.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
So many rent free living spaces hmm where to live? , Just shows how popular the game is, too bad for all the free rent providers ...

Reactions: Count Morado

darius047

May 30, 2020
Dev should pick up the pace.
Making this kind of game is becoming too easy with the help of AI art and ChatGPT.
Think about it. You can create your own art and story (including dialoges) with half the effort now.
Heck, even i am thinking about milking the patreon cow now.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes