affen123

Oct 6, 2017
But maybe it will go faster if several people work on a scene instead of just one on a big one.
But I agree that it is a bad decision to split it now.
It seems the update is still in progress:

Progress for Tech Update
- Total Tasks: 639
- Completed: 74.80%
- InProgress: 8.29%
- Remaining: 16.91%

I think they are splitting all remaining tasks in smaller tasks, as announced. But after the split it might happen that, if they were in the middle of the development, some of the children tasks are immediately completed.
I understand that nothing changes (at least we will start seing progress advance on daily basis) but it is indeed a bad choice in terms of "customer management" as most people will get mad because of the jump back.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
03-Dec-2020: DC calls a vote between the Tech Update and the Rhonda Update, saying both will take and I quote: "roughly the same amount of time (3 to 4 months) to complete"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
14-Feb-2021 (~3 months later): DC claims that work on the Tech Update has started with himself. The team is about to join in, in days.

09-Nov-2023 (2 years, 8 months, 26 days and $2+ MILLION later):
  • DC hides his monthly income (23-Oct-2023)
  • The Tech Update has no release date or even a date when it will have a release date
  • The Tech Update has not been seen by supporters in any kind of demo that would show the works that required going 10 extra times past the promised and voted on deadline.
  • The true status of the Tech Update is unknown to literally everyone, supporters and insiders, as nobody can tell where the project is, what is still left to do and when it will be done.
    • The word salads sold as "status updates" at the end of recent months are completely useless to determine actual status/progress against a 100% DONE objective
    • The progress image used by supporters for years to determine status proves to be useless as it sat frozen in time for eons followed by a regress in %, both clear as day signs that project management is far beyond incompetent or just non-existent

Why?
  • No. of paying supporters in Feb-2021 vs. Oct-2023: 24422 vs 25488
  • As long as they keep paying for the dance of shadows keeping this vaporware unalive, we will continue getting what they pay for.

Last edited:

plusultra1999

Feb 4, 2020
03-Dec-2020: DC calls a vote between the Tech Update and the Rhonda Update, saying both will take and I quote: "roughly the same amount of time (3 to 4 months) to complete"
14-Feb-2021 (~3 months later): DC claims that work on the Tech Update has started with himself. The team is about to join in, in days.

09-Nov-2023 (2 years, 8 months, 26 days and $2+ MILLION later):
  • DC hides his monthly income (23-Oct-2023)
  • The Tech Update has no release date or even a date when it will have a release date
  • The Tech Update has not been seen by supporters in any kind of demo that would show the works that required going 10 extra times past the promised and voted on deadline.
  • The true status of the Tech Update is unknown to literally everyone, supporters and insiders, as nobody can tell where the project is, what is still left to do and when it will be done.
    • The word salads sold as "status updates" at the end of recent months are completely useless to determine actual status/progress against a 100% DONE objective
    • The progress image used by supporters for years to determine status proves to be useless as it sat frozen in time for eons followed by a regress in %, both clear as day signs that project management is far beyond incompetent or just non-existent

Why?
  • No. of paying supporters in Feb-2021 vs. Oct-2023: 24422 vs 25488
  • As long as they keep paying for the dance of shadows keeping this vaporware unalive, we will continue getting what they pay for.
my man just turn into detective pikachu

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
View attachment 3070562

It's gonna take a while, I'm afraid.
LMFAO it actually reversed!!! DC found a loophole to escape!
Forever stuck in an update that he said himself would take 3 months. Now it is literally endless.He found the money cheatcode guys!
This game can now be renamed Eternal saga. Hope you love those wallpapers guys, cause that's all you will get now.
jon-tron-jon-tron-laugh.gif

Last edited:

Gzowl_LiP

Apr 15, 2023
The progress bar going backwards is not a big deal. The amount of work doesn't change it's just the way it got represented is going to change. It was or waiting for the % to slowly increase or for it to be set back and see the % increase faster.
It's not like it hasn't happened at least twice before (see #15 in my FAQ above). Also, it really isn't unusual in projects for that to happen - even actually having to go back and redo work already marked as complete. Thirdly, as Chaos_Alfa states - progress, in this case, isn't actually going backwards... it just will look like it, based upon the percentage because they are going to try to better define how much each of the remaining tasks contribute to completing the tech update - rather than all tasks having the same percentage, no matter what amount of work is involved.
Guys, that doesn't add up.

Regardless of how you break up tasks, if you have 84% of the game completed, then 84% is completed. However you choose to break the remaining 16% of tasks has no bearing on already completed ones.

As an example, if you have 16 tasks for the remaining 16%, then each task will advance progress by 1%. If you change it so that the progress bar is more representative of what is actually going on, say, by having 64 detailed tasks instead, then each tasks will advance progress by 0.25%.

Unless I'm missing something. It's possible. Could you explain in that case?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Guys, that doesn't add up.

Regardless of how you break up tasks, if you have 84% of the game completed, then 84% is completed. However you choose to break the remaining 16% of tasks has no bearing on already completed ones.

As an example, if you have 16 tasks for the remaining 16%, then each task will advance progress by 1%. If you change it so that the progress bar is more representative of what is actually going on, say, by having 64 detailed tasks instead, then each tasks will advance progress by 0.25%.

Unless I'm missing something. It's possible. Could you explain in that case?
The tasks have always been random in size. So all the tracker ever meant was, that 84 % of these random tasks had been completed.

As an example, one task could be to repose Jenny's story, while another may have benn to repose Consuela's story. On the taskbar, both are the same % ( 1 task), yet one is much larger and much more work.

So technically you could have had 99 tiny tasks done and 1 super big one left, that is larger than these 99 tiny ones combined, and the tracker would have been at 99 % done, even though in reality only 50 % of the actual work or so may have been done.

So in short, the old tracker really never meant that much. We'll see how well the new one is going to work.

It may really just mean that these last 16 % of tasks, which were left before, actually resemble 20+ % of work thats actually left to be done.

While we are talking about it, does anybody have access to the new patron tracker to compare?

Last edited:

Gzowl_LiP

Apr 15, 2023
j4yj4m I see, thanks for clearing that up.

So the progress bar has always been mostly meaningless. I guess for smaller updates it wasn't too bad but they should have changed it the moment they realised the bar wouldn't properly show progress on the tech update. They know people rely on it.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes