Aug 12, 2017
"Eppur si muove" (Galileo Galilei)
(And yet it moves)

Progress for Tech Update
- Total Tasks: 555
- Completed: 84.68%
- InProgress: 3.42%
- Remaining: 11.90%
Just out of curiosity, how many "tasks" did the previous big update have? Like, is 555 alot?

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Just out of curiosity, how many "tasks" did the previous big update have? Like, is 555 alot?
You can't really compare the tech update tasks to those of previous updates since they're considerably larger. While a previous update would have single tasks represent individual scenes (e.g., "Pose Jenny Shower Scenes"), the tech update has entire character stories rolled into single tasks (e.g., "Pose Jenny's story"). They're supposed to be updating the progress bar soon to subdivide these tasks into component parts to give a more accurate picture of where the update stands, but in classic DC fashion they're taking their sweet time.

987v4z65

May 21, 2023
Well then people have no right to complain. They made the bed, now they must sleep on it. Man, no wonder the patrons of this game are defensive as a roman legion, they paid for it to be this way.
DC is still to blame. Brexit was a vote too. Dont let people make decissions about topics they clearly have no idea of. For them its a "2 weeks its done. graphics go brrrr then". Its unrealistic and idiotic. Dont do such decision options if you should know better.

linr1816

May 6, 2022
Adam,Bob and Chris are all playing Summertime Saga together.
Unexpectedly, the game stops posting update for years. Adam shouts in forum, "If the game does not update, I will stop my patreon support!" But the game doesn't update. Bob then shouts, "DC and his team are working hard, you have got lots of wallpaper!" But still the game doesn't update. Then Chris says, "Guys, guys, let's play older version, and pretend we just received the lastest update!"

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Adam, Bob and Chris are all playing Summertime Saga together.
Unexpectedly, the game stops posting update for years. Adam shouts in forum, "If the game does not update, I will stop my patreon support!" But the game doesn't update. Bob then shouts, "DC and his team are working hard, you have got lots of wallpaper!" But still the game doesn't update. Then Chris says, "Guys, guys, let's play older version, and pretend we just received the lastest update!"
David, who finds it odd that three guys sit around playing a lewd game together, goes off and does his own thing while not worrying if any game he finds on F95 ever updates - there are 16,000 different titles to enjoy, more than enough to keep him busy for half a lifetime. Even so, he can't help but marvel at the trainwreck of the forlorn crawling and flagellating themselves in the thread while they are moaning of the lack of updates and casting aspersions on the developer.

SonofOrion

Sep 30, 2019
But then these people couldn't tell us how much their lives improved, how much DC earns and how long its been since the last update. :^)
Funny and true at the same time. Long story short on at least 66% of the comments section, "Haters going to Hate". Come to think about it, Have the complainers made a free VN like Dark Cookie? I can't imagine how to would feel making such a rather large VN project like DC is doing; possibly coming here and seeing all the hate. Literally creating every background, and things by hand? Yeah, he uses programs, but still. It kind of makes them look even more like a cry baby. If he sees this, “You gotta keep on keepin' on. Life's a garden: dig it. You gotta make it work for you.”

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Funny and true at the same time. Long story short on at least 66% of the comments section, "Haters going to Hate". Come to think about it, Have the complainers made a free VN like Dark Cookie? I can't imagine how to would feel making such a rather large VN project like DC is doing; possibly coming here and seeing all the hate. Literally creating every background, and things by hand? Yeah, he uses programs, but still. It kind of makes them look even more like a cry baby. If he sees this, “You gotta keep on keepin' on. Life's a garden: dig it. You gotta make it work for you.”
Lol, 'making their own VN'. That's a good one. Nah, it's so much easier to just mooch and complain.

• Angry
Reactions: XCelesX

Cube78

May 10, 2020
Progress for Tech Update - Total Tasks: 638 Completed: 73.82% InProgress: 2.98% Remaining: 23.20%

here is the jump back of the bar that had been announced
It seems the update is still in progress:

Progress for Tech Update
- Total Tasks: 639
- Completed: 74.80%
- InProgress: 8.29%
- Remaining: 16.91%

I think they are splitting all remaining tasks in smaller tasks, as announced. But after the split it might happen that, if they were in the middle of the development, some of the children tasks are immediately completed.
I understand that nothing changes (at least we will start seing progress advance on daily basis) but it is indeed a bad choice in terms of "customer management" as most people will get mad because of the jump back.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes