Jul 9, 2017
Others who do subscribe copy/paste all patreon posts here usually the same day.

Also, the dev gives the entire game for free to anyone and everyone directly on his website - which would you rather have for free if you didn't subscribe, the game or "info"?

Finally, since I know I'm going to get charged with being a white knight: He doesn't need good marketing skills - he's the #1 adult game developer on Patreon by paid subscriber numbers and #11 Patreon creator, overall, by paid subscriber numbers. Also, a Google search for Summertime Saga retrieves over 33 million results.
Wrong thread - if you want recommendations, you
should ask here: Recommendations & Identification
I've never had a problem. Though, I haven't tried on my new computer since I got it a couple of months ago.
oh it not a scam because he getting more than 100k per month now when he were working and 60k per month when he not. Yeah it not a scam, two year after the first down paying and he still getting money out of it with out any content update even cut content out of the game. if free tell them shut down the Patreon and keep working until release than we talk about a free game. Keep telling yourself that he made the game for free mate. I used to subscribed and still known some body still subscribe so don't lie to us. We only see him drawing new content but don't even have new content for 2 years, no one touching to the code or even beta testing for two years. He did not even given a story line to us for what coming next. "Finally, since I know I'm going to get charged with being a white knight" => Please don't bring moral standard or white black knight some kind of honor to this forum. Support a scammer and a adult game company is the most degenerate thing some one could do.

Jul 9, 2017
Yeah this def a scammer cause everyone knows scammers give there shit away for FREE it's the scammers MO. Wow you really hit your thumb instead of the nail :rolleyes:

I had no issues with unren'ing this game and still being able to play it. Maybe try a different unren program/bat ?
if he not a scammer just telling them shut down the patreon and work on it still have a full production. If he charge for it I am willing to paid.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
oh it not a scam because he getting more than 100k per month now when he were working and 60k per month when he not. Yeah it not a scam, two year after the first down paying and he still getting money out of it with out any content update even cut content out of the game. if free tell them shut down the Patreon and keep working until release than we talk about a free game. Keep telling yourself that he made the game for free mate. I used to subscribed and still known some body still subscribe so don't lie to us. We only see him drawing new content but don't even have new content for 2 years, no one touching to the code or even beta testing for two years. He did not even given a story line to us for what coming next. "Finally, since I know I'm going to get charged with being a white knight" => Please don't bring moral standard or white black knight some kind of honor to this forum. Support a scammer and a adult game company is the most degenerate thing some one could do.
Dude, spacing.

Reactions: Count Morado

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
if he not a scammer just telling them shut down the patreon and work on it still have a full production. If he charge for it I am willing to paid.

Er What? I am generally pretty good and reading engrish and figuring out what the person is talking about but I can't make sense of your reply. So here goes a guess. You think he should stop accepting money until he produces an update ?

Some devs do that it is true but when you giving the game away for FREE it kind of changes the dynamic. See all of his patreons could stop paying if they wanted and still get the game for free, right?
So why don't they? its pretty obvious really , because they want to give him money what other reason could there be?
Being you don't need to pay to play that is the only reason there is. Now why do they "want" to that's literally the 100,000 dollar question, only the people paying can answer that, I don't pay so don't have the answer.

SemenDaemon

Nov 4, 2023
dude, it's free here...... :sol thonk:
It's free anywhere though idg what you mean by its free here? Sol thonk as in sol from dark souls?
I'm just saying the complaints I see here would be fixed if this was a 20$ game on steam like I get the product I paid for and if its bad I can refund it or put a review and if they make it better then great! Then other people can look at the reviews and decide with their own wallet. The dev gets a limited pool of money and has to actually care about reviews while people who didn't buy the game won't be able to complain. System works. Everyone happy.

This is just me pissing into the wind because I like pissing. In the end it don't matter cause I'm not losing a penny.

SemenDaemon

Nov 4, 2023
Also is there a way to set the scenes at a certain speed? they all start too slow and choppy and I gotta click the faster button 3 times to get the animation to play smooth
Can I just set it so all the animations play at regular speed?

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Status update (October)!

A number of you have expressed some anxiety about how much longer the Tech Update will be in development, and specifically that the progress...

Anyone can tell me what the rest of the stuff he's writing in there?
maybe there is some kind of a clue when tech-update is released?...

Reactions: HardcoreLarry

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Status update (October)!

A number of you have expressed some anxiety about how much longer the Tech Update will be in development, and specifically that the progress...

Anyone can tell me what the rest of the stuff he's writing in there?
That Patreon post was copied to this thread on the same day by Hero1 - go to the pages of the thread that are for October 31 to read.
Or you could search the thread for Status Update (October) or for a number of you have expressed.
As for the last question of your post --- No, there is no clue.
You seem to have a number of problems with this game. Exit the game. Go to %appdata%\RenPy in your Windows File Explorer and delete the Summertime Saga folder there (these are the back up saves - you should still have your saves in the game folder). Start Game. See if it fixes it. If not, you'll NEED to go to the developer's discord and ask for help there to hope if someone there can help you. To make sure, you only are using the base game and the Chinese translation pack, correct?
Also is there a way to set the scenes at a certain speed? they all start too slow and choppy and I gotta click the faster button 3 times to get the animation to play smooth
Can I just set it so all the animations play at regular speed?
The early "animations" are just flipping back and forth between a number of still scenes. So, no - unless you mess with the coding, directly.

Reactions: SemenDaemon
Aug 4, 2023
If you want to be very... very,very,very optimistic maybe the tech update will be release between spring 2024 (around march-april because that will be the third year anniversary of developing this nonsense of update).

If you are expecting something in the end of this year just don't, that is not going to happen...

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes