Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Wallpapers and streams serve as proof of the developer being active, though. Hence why game hasn't been flagged already. That's fact.

GopnikDude

Apr 22, 2018
Soon, it will be the two years anniversary of the 0.20.13 review i made a long while ago. And hilariously enough, everything is exactly still relevant.

I honestly lost all hopes of timely updates literally years ago and moved on. I genuinely advise everyone else to do the same. There is so many things in life to enjoy, why would i wait on something that may not even come before GTA 6 is out?

I keep popping in from time to time out of pure fascination and curiosity, a bit like seeing one of those rare ass flowers that bloom only once every decade. One day, i'll be able to play it again...

but-not-yet-djimon-hounsou.gif

jefi2000

Apr 23, 2020
So question.

Writing is listed on Patreon at 78/87 and has been for a long time, but the tech update was supposedly to be about sorting out a few things to make future updates easier which involves a bunch of code stuff, redrawing a bunch for widescreen and redoing some of the older artwork.

So what is the new writing needed for? I didn't think any new dialogue or story was being added?

Unregistered

Oct 26, 2019
I'm not that familiar with the development history of this game, but if my knowledge is correct, DC did the coding and the art in the beginning. So, this tech update was started to untangle his 'spaghetti code' and to make the game wide screen among other smaller stuff, right? And he's got a couple of coders to do this, correct?

With all that said, DC could have learned python (I'm talking about vanilla python, outside of ren'py), developing in ren'py at an advanced level, clean code principles, and all that is required for professional development. Did he try to become better or is he just focusing on art?

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
So question.

Writing is listed on Patreon at 78/87 and has been for a long time, but the tech update was supposedly to be about sorting out a few things to make future updates easier which involves a bunch of code stuff, redrawing a bunch for widescreen and redoing some of the older artwork.

So what is the new writing needed for? I didn't think any new dialogue or story was being added?
If I recall correctly, it's mostly flow adjustments, and also updating stuff with the teachers. Ms. Dewitt needs to be adjusted to Eve's new story, for example, as she isn't friends with the rappers anymore.

SenkuIshigami

Jun 12, 2019
The tech update will push Debbie into 25+ scenes and Jenny to 30+ scenes in total. Holy shit some girls only have a handful of scenes, like 3 or 4. What about them...?

But it's not surprising, Jenny is the most popular character globally, it also makes sense to have more content because we are missing anal scenes and a proper conclusion to her route, since she hasn't accepted being our lover yet fully. So I understand why

But Debbie I have no idea why she's getting so many new scenes, her route ended fine with a good conclusion. 14 scenes seem excessive...

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
The tech update will push Debbie into 25+ scenes and Jenny to 30+ scenes in total. Holy shit some girls only have a handful of scenes, like 3 or 4. What about them...?

But it's not surprising, Jenny is the most popular character globally, it also makes sense to have more content because we are missing anal scenes and a proper conclusion to her route, since she hasn't accepted being our lover yet fully. So I understand why

But Debbie I have no idea why she's getting so many new scenes, her route ended fine with a good conclusion. 14 scenes seem excessive...
I think you've misinterpreted the person above you, who has in turn misinterpreted the last progress report. Debbie and Jenny aren't getting 14 and 10 new scenes, respectively, but instead the coder has linked (i.e., tied posing to game logic) 14 and 10 existing quests in order to bring them to a state fit for QA. The actual updates to Debbie and Jenny's stories will likely be tied into their own individual updates, or possibly a broader dating system/story conclusion update down the road.

SenkuIshigami

Jun 12, 2019
I think you've misinterpreted the person above you, who has in turn misinterpreted the last progress report. Debbie and Jenny aren't getting 14 and 10 new scenes, respectively, but instead the coder has linked (i.e., tied posing to game logic) 14 and 10 existing quests in order to bring them to a state fit for QA.
Makes more sense. I was confused why they were getting so much scenes.

. The actual updates to Debbie and Jenny's stories will likely be tied into their own individual updates, or possibly a broader dating system/story conclusion update down the road.
Jenny's route already reworked and finished years ago, I don't think we're seeing another individual update for her, maybe new scenes or variations of existing scenes at best. But who knows, DarkCookie has favouritism for her. Debbie's route is yet to be reworked, so she will certainly get new scenes and quests in her individual update.

Elsie Bray

May 31, 2019

No it's actually older quests getting recoded and reposed. The wording was weird to be fair, "more quests". However Jenny is getting new scenes, there's a brand new scene and a variation of her night scene when she visits you.

jefi2000

Apr 23, 2020
So you're saying this game doesn't feature anal :unsure:? And what's wrong with asking for anal variations with a character who already has 20+ scenes and has yet to receive, when other characters with less scenes and less experience have that?
The game does feature anal, a few instances in game and nearly 29,000 cases of it on Patreon taking place over the last couple of years.

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Thicc
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Thread Rule #1 violation: off-topic
Although talking about the Dev and updates is on-topic...
"Please move any disruptive/prolonged arguments to PM"

If you're here to moan about the development cycle, it's been discussed a thousand times over.

Reactions: t4ewk and Dr.Zed
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes