mhg87

Jul 14, 2018
Man, as much of a clusterfuck as this game is, I'm eternally grateful for the /weg/ memes on 4chan. I laugh every single time someone posts the iconic boobstare.jpg and everyone mass-replies to it. It never gets old.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Let me see if I got this straight? The infamous tech update they took, what? Two year to make, doesn't even have all the content from before the update?

• Sad
Reactions: Budman 1959

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Does anyone have comparisons between the new and old versions of the art? I'm curious if even that element was a little bit worth it.
The big difference is that the game is widescreen now. There are a few new locations, a few small new scenes and some changes to the UI and that is it. They didn't even bother with updating debbie's sprites for this update.

hayen999

May 29, 2021
The big difference is that the game is widescreen now. There are a few new locations, a few small new scenes and some changes to the UI and that is it. They didn't even bother with updating debbie's sprites for this update.
What are they new scenes? If anyone has a gallery screenshot could they post? As well as post an unlocked gallery mod

• Haha

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
Apparently, the new engine drop or whatever the fk he's doing. Only took 90% of what was already in the game out. So tizzies are in abundance.

Oh my bad, I forgot. Pinky promise every 2 months or whenever you'll be updated on supposed progress. Sweet deal eh?
thats…that’s so much worse than I thought and I came in expecting something bad.

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
Lol, for some reason when I am about to trigger the night pool scene with Diane and Debbie, I get the message "It sounds like someone is messing around the pool", but nothing happens. More specifically, I got outside the pool, where Diane and Debbie were supposed to be in the pool, there is only the towels with their drinks near the pool, their character sprite or whatever is nowhere to be seen.

• Sad

Heff_Wulf

Sep 30, 2017
Problem is the site rules.
6. Handling Sequels, Remakes, Etc
  • It's a standalone sequel, prequel, or spin-off.
  • Major remake or refactoring of the game's art, such as moving from HS to Daz3D.
  • Major remake or refactoring of the game's story and/or gameplay, such as remaking the game in another engine, changing from a VN to Sandbox, or changing the gender of the main character.
The game does not apply to those for a new thread yet.

• Sad

klckr

Feb 3, 2020
I do want to point out that this is an absurdly weirdly western ero dev thing. A lot of Asian developers, even if they make slop, at least finish that slop. There are a TON of eastern indie ero games, and their indie culture in general (VNs, manga/manhwa, light novels and similar) is pretty established with better paths to 'professional' success than the west right now. A long of the stuff on dlsite that goes on to sell like bonkers are from 1-3 man teams too, which a lot of people don't realize for some reason. And these games release with far less time and funding than games like Summertime Saga had.

And it's a disturbingly common pattern... look at Subverse for example. Eastern developers aren't perfect of course... MGQ Paradox, lol. But he still has more complete games under his belt at least than 99% of the western games on this site (and I don't count Paradox part 1/2 as a complete game lol).

Not all western devs, not all asian devs, but yeah, still. I don't know what the cultural difference is that even slow Asian devs steadily actually finish their stuff or at least make consistent progress while western devs go "wow everyone likes this cool thing I made WHELP kthxbye" and turns into stardust before shimmering away in the wind.

It's mindboggling to me. Yes it takes work but this dude could finish Summertime Saga and let it sit milking with nothing but positivity and zero guilt just like Monster Girl Quest and similar popular games and make oodles even if chose to never make anything else.
Japanese ero games are meant to have full releases because that is how they are sold, they don't get away with laying down a framework and then receiving monthly payments to do whatever. They have to budget, invest time and money and throw it on the market as fast as possible to start receiving profit. Like how videogames used to be made in the west a long time ago, before they invented early access.
Anime, manga etc actually have abysmal completion rates... Everything that comes in installments is like this, if it is not making profit anymore development stops. Look at tv-shows that have a satisfying well rounded ending ffs. If a Japanese dev spends 10 months on "During my college years my brother became my lover, but I accidentally slipped and pounded my father instead. My mother pounded my brother as revenge and the magical girl turned me into a futa so I pounded everyone." and sells only three copies there sure as hell is not going to be a part II.
That said I think I would have plenty problems doing a solo project, alone, for years, staying creative, staying motivated. Especially after you hit a block or delay and the money just keeps rolling in with no repercussions. I like to think I would not be able to keep taking money and just lying trough my teeth to the people who support me in good faith, as I still feel bad about taking that five bucks I saw falling out of a collection box when I was 10 years old. But hey, nobody is ever giving me money so I will never have to find out.

Reactions: MrBree and Sscdrake

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
2 years for a reboot of the game, considering that MAYBE they actually recover all the content that had already been released before in half the time it took to make a complete game before the tech-shit-update, we'll see each other in 4 years for a real update lol.

Reactions: nernub2
Oct 10, 2021
I would like to point one thing out. If you were like me and blew all of your money at the mall and bribing Jenny to show you her tits, you can go to the bank and withdraw cash, you have money deposited there.

I got stuck at the part when Jenny demanded $200 to take her to the mall and let me tell you the relief that washed over me when I realized I had money in the bank felt like it was my real account in real life.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes