zol002

Jul 25, 2018
He had already ruined the game years ago when he started adding alleged "brilliant" stuff like North Korean dictators working as car sellers and shit like that.

BUT his cultist minions windowlickers who flooded his streams always claimed and sweared that everything he was doing was so brilliant and... well, here we are.
I assume DarkCookie hired them just to keep the chat clean, he can also hire people for Discord with Patron High Roller stuff. It can also be possible with Count Morado over here lol

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
I saw that the old ones did not work, the question was if there was an independent member that came up with a short-term patch. Looks like they did a upgrade to Python 3, it should not be a big deal to convert. I was going to try an take a hack at it, if no one else had done it.
maybe something like what = re.sub(r"(?<!Aunt )Diane", u"Aunt Diane", what, 0, re.IGNORECASE)
You can change the names for Debbie and Jenny.
I understand that the code has been changed to use different variables, etc, so the rest, including dialog, will take some work.

As an aside, there was content for Debbie, but she didn't show up in the Cookie Jar. Just thought that was strange.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I assume DarkCookie hired them just to keep the chat clean, he can also hire people for Discord with Patron High Roller stuff. It can also be possible with Count Morado over here lol
Believe me, they weren't hired... the cult started when he started his almost daily streams. The minions don't need monetary compensation, they do it because it is what it is: the man pisses on them and they ask for more claiming it's champagne.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
No idea about Patreon or Discord, but around here you don't need to hire anyone to go to bat for whatever your project is.
There's always someone happy to valiantly defend even the most brazen rip-off.

emixam2005

Jan 2, 2020
So.. correct me if I'm wrong
But Darkcookie made a release in which he removed all the content of all the previous updates.
Just to restart from scrap with the so called "new tech" and so right now we have a game with only the stories of Jenny and Debbie, and he plan on doing bimonthly update in which he will just add back the content he just removed?

I didn't download the last version yet, I thought the game was dead month ago, but before I check this last release, I want to know if I'm right?

BreadnNetorare

Sep 24, 2021
But Darkcookie made a release in which he removed all the content of all the previous updates.
Just to restart from scrap with the so called "new tech" and so right now we have a game with only the stories of Jenny and Debbie, and he plan on doing bimonthly update in which he will just add back the content he just removed?

I didn't download the last version yet, I thought the game was dead month ago, but before I check this last release, I want to know if I'm right?
your guess are right

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017

Got it right on the first try.:cool:

emixam2005

Jan 2, 2020
your guess are right
Damn...
This game used to be one of the best.
I found a lot of other amazing games but never one similar to the story or game play of Summertime Saga to replace it in my game library.

That's actually sad to see such an amazing project turning into... this

BTW, If anyone has a recommendation of a similar game, I'm in
As said, I never found one

Reactions: zaxrider29

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
That's ok, at least they updated her 8 year old sprites.
View attachment 3707058
The sad thing is that they didn't... You still have her old art and sprites in the game. Almost all of the "new" Debbie art is stuff that was added during the main story updates. There are a few minor scenes with Debbie that are new but pretty much all her content in this update was already in the old version.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I saw that the old ones did not work, the question was if there was an independent member that came up with a short-term patch. Looks like they did a upgrade to Python 3, it should not be a big deal to convert. I was going to try an take a hack at it, if no one else had done it.
maybe something like what = re.sub(r"(?<!Aunt )Diane", u"Aunt Diane", what, 0, re.IGNORECASE)
What do you mean "short-term patch?" There is a patch or there is not a patch, there is no try. Whatever patch is made won't be "short-term" it will be the patch everyone who wants that content will just use it for as long as it works. v0.21.0 was released 6 days ago, no fan or modder has been motivated enough to take the time and effort to make a free patch in that time -- and they won't be for a long time. If you are so motivated, you would become the hero for the others who pine away for the secret to life, the universe, and everything. The rest of us do not care.
Hi Will this patch be updated for the new version? Cheers
See above. Also, before asking a question in a thread - you should bet that your question has already been asked many times and you should skim the last page or two of a thread (where your question has already been answered at least 3 times in the past 40 posts) and/or search the thread for the keyword of your question (after you set your search results to "most recent first" in your account preferences). Also see FAQ here: 80,646

Reactions: zaxrider29

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
it doesn´t matter how many times that question has been ask, we all want the incest patch
The incest patch is literally useless for this version of the game since there's not exactly any new shit. Come on, even the most hardcore gooner must realize that.

I actually don't want an incest patch because I hate jenny so much that I think it would be an insult to have her being related to the mc.
All the best girls are outside MCs personal sphere anyway.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The incest patch is literally useless for this version of the game since there's not exactly any new shit. Come on, even the most hardcore gooner must realize that.
Right? I mean if they want to play the Jenny and Debbie routes with a patch - just simply play v0.20.16 and use the patch that works for that one? If that certain dialogue content is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo important then seeing it with the old art in 4:3 isn't a big deal.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Their goal is very clearly to assassinate him. They are pushing for a 1 year prison sentence over these trumped up charges.
Even if he does get it, the secret service has to follow him into prison to stop assassins.
However congress democrats are now trying to push to strip away the secret service protection while in prison.
If the secret service are taken away, they could push through with the assassination. Probably pinning the murder on a random prisoner.
This is classic banana republic tactics to murder political rivals.
You keep on talking about very sensitive topics - off topic arguments - that every forum clearly and openly forbids for obvious reasons.

Now the real question is: why haven't they banned you yet?

pandamoon

Mar 10, 2018
Damn...
This game used to be one of the best.
I found a lot of other amazing games but never one similar to the story or game play of Summertime Saga to replace it in my game library.

That's actually sad to see such an amazing project turning into... this

BTW, If anyone has a recommendation of a similar game, I'm in
As said, I never found one
What a legend but that too hasn't been updated for a very long time or Peasant's Quest are my recommendations.

Reactions: emixam2005
4.10 star(s) 356 Votes