helljack

Oct 1, 2017
The thing that gets me is he didn't even update Debbie's scenes with new art. So even if we ignore everything else there's the fact that this reboot already started off half assed.
Here's a funny story.

I was just glancing through one of DC's streams, not long after this "update" came out, and I just happened to scrub through to a point where someone asked about if Debbie pregnancy will be put in the game.

In response to this, DC goes all snarky, saying that there wasn't enough time to put in new content or update the art with everything they've done.

Okay, I knew there wouldn't be any new additions, but the dude is just casually admitting that one of the main sales pitches for the tech update, updating the art, he didn't do it. AND he's being snarky about it.

DC just wanted to draw backgrounds and wallpapers of his characters, whilst keeping the cash coming in.

Mar 1, 2023
So are there any new scenes or is the update all just redrawn scenes?

edit: wait, what is this I'm reading about missing characters and cut content? What was cut, exactly? It's hard to tell which posts are jokes and which ones are serious.

Last edited:

Urpo

Dec 31, 2018
There should be update on the abandoned tag rule, since it seems to be one of the few things that motivate some devs. Like if you get abandoned tag and update game with one picture of a cheese burger, fine tag can go away but there should be rule that next update has to be with in month or the tag gets re-applied. You get added to a sus-list or something like that. Maybe "possible scammer" -tag, before next proper update is released?

At this point, I really can't get how people can claim that this is not a scam. They clearly scraped this update together in a week or two after the abandoned tag was given to the game. At that rate of work, the whole tech update should have been done while ago.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
So are there any new scenes or is the update all just redrawn scenes?

edit: wait, what is this I'm reading about missing characters and cut content? What was cut, exactly? It's hard to tell which posts are jokes and which ones are serious.
They are still nowhere near to finish the teach update, so instead of just having the supporters waiting another year or 2 for the full release, they decided to start releasing it in chunks. So the update that was released recently only has content for the first day of school, some of debbie's content and the full jenny story

Last edited:

HeroTheHero

Dec 14, 2019
Just in case anyone stumbles across this message wondering WHY the tech update has very little content? it's because it's just that, a tech update. updated tech to remake the the game in a new engine or new version of renpy (idk im not exactly sure)
Just get your jollies off to the pre-tech version of the game. It's basically finished, aside from certain characters that i think are just exclusive TO the tech update like Rhonda, Judith, Annie, etc. The Tech Update basically a rebuild of the game from the ground up.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Okay, I knew there wouldn't be any new additions, but the dude is just casually admitting that one of the main sales pitches for the tech update, updating the art, he didn't do it. AND he's being snarky about it.

DC just wanted to draw backgrounds and wallpapers of his characters, whilst keeping the cash coming in.
and the worst thing is some of the new character art we got is so bad that it's actually distracting. don't want to post that jenny walking up the stairs pic again but holy shit i think it actually makes the game worse than before. we got a lot of new background art though, that's true.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
That's kind of hilarious. I don't defend DC so much as I ridicule the inability of his financial backers to comprehend credit cards and website terms of use, but even I will admit if the 'new art' was actually the 'old art' as the game initially existed I probably wouldn't have been as into the style.

But hey! At least it gives him a reason to drag out his timeline further. "The New Art was not as well received as I would have liked, so here's a poll.... should I redo the redone art - New New Art - before proceeding with the balance of the Tech Update?" -- flash forward a month -- "Wow, it seems New New Art won the poll with 104% of the vote. So I'll revise my timeline here and redo the redone art. See you in 2025! Meanwhile here's a wallpaper of Ronda diddling her kitty with a relay baton."

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
and the worst thing is some of the new character art we got is so bad that it's actually distracting. don't want to post that jenny walking up the stairs pic again but holy shit i think it actually makes the game worse than before. we got a lot of new background art though, that's true.
That's kind of hilarious. I don't defend DC so much as I ridicule the inability of his financial backers to comprehend credit cards and website terms of use, but even I will admit if the 'new art' was actually the 'old art' as the game initially existed I probably wouldn't have been as into the style.

But hey! At least it gives him a reason to drag out his timeline further. "The New Art was not as well received as I would have liked, so here's a poll.... should I redo the redone art - New New Art - before proceeding with the balance of the Tech Update?" -- flash forward a month -- "Wow, it seems New New Art won the poll with 104% of the vote. So I'll revise my timeline here and redo the redone art. See you in 2025! Meanwhile here's a wallpaper of Ronda diddling her kitty with a relay baton."
He 100% is going to spend a whole week of streams "fixing" the infamous Jenny new art:KEK:

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
1717876849782.png

This is from the official site. The partially-transparent items on the above list are pieces of content which were present in 20.16, have been removed for the tech update and are not back in the game yet.

Reactions: libertypics

Ayam85

Sep 10, 2019
Looks like the athletic team(Cassie/Rhonda/Coah), underground cult(Annie/Principal) and Judith content won't be there. Talk about betrayal as the athletic team update won the poll back then in 2007.

Reactions: Rando Civ

McBrerbo

Jul 9, 2018
Just in case anyone stumbles across this message wondering WHY the tech update has very little content? it's because it's just that, a tech update. updated tech to remake the the game in a new engine or new version of renpy (idk im not exactly sure)
Just get your jollies off to the pre-tech version of the game. It's basically finished, aside from certain characters that i think are just exclusive TO the tech update like Rhonda, Judith, Annie, etc. The Tech Update basically a rebuild of the game from the ground up.
Reminder it took 2 years, and the current version is basically a 1% complete reboot compared to the state of the game two years ago. There's nothing for you to defend here and you look really silly doing it. You don't need to cushion the blow of this poor update with semantics, saying things like "but actually, it IS a tech update". Look at what was originally promised, look at how much money he raked in, look at how long this update took, compare it to what came before, and look at how this update didn't even deliver the point of its existence for things that ARE in it (like using old art for some stuff still).

Money for nothing. These 2 years could have been put to actual work on progressing and advancing the game with more features, and all that money just went into a personal piggy bank without any of it showing through in what was delivered, again, after 2 years. Mostly what's to blame however is his foolish patrons for voting on such a stupid update. I'd imagine the people that said yes to that probably all collectively feel like it was a huge mistake (what few of them are actually aware of this, after 2 years of waiting).

Last edited:

SemenDaemon

Nov 4, 2023
Here's a funny story.

I was just glancing through one of DC's streams, not long after this "update" came out, and I just happened to scrub through to a point where someone asked about if Debbie pregnancy will be put in the game.

In response to this, DC goes all snarky, saying that there wasn't enough time to put in new content or update the art with everything they've done.

DC is one of those types.

You ever wonder why he hated having normal jobs with deadlines and management?

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes