Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Does not work. What do I exactly need to move into the game folder. I tried everything.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name ('game/src/plot/+prologue.rpy', 1717184160, 1675) is defined twice, at src/plot/+prologue.rpyc:2 and game/src/src/plot/+prologue.rpyc:2.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
File "renpy/main.py", line 455, in main
File "renpy/script.py", line 359, in load_script
File "renpy/script.py", line 957, in load_appropriate_file
File "renpy/script.py", line 590, in finish_load
File "renpy/script.py", line 566, in check_name
ScriptError: Name ('game/src/plot/+prologue.rpy', 1717184160, 1675) is defined twice, at src/plot/+prologue.rpyc:2 and game/src/src/plot/+prologue.rpyc:2.

macOS-14.5-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Summertime Saga 21.0.0-wip.4468
Wed Jul 24 03:05:08 2024
Seems liek you didn't put it at the right place and it didn't replace the previous files. You need to add the files in the game/ folder

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Seems liek you didn't put it at the right place and it didn't replace the previous files. You need to add the files in the game/ folder
Does not work. What do I exactly need to move into the game folder. I tried everything.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
File "renpy/main.py", line 455, in main
File "renpy/script.py", line 359, in load_script
File "renpy/script.py", line 957, in load_appropriate_file
File "renpy/script.py", line 590, in finish_load
File "renpy/script.py", line 566, in check_name

macOS-14.5-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Summertime Saga 21.0.0-wip.4468
Wed Jul 24 03:05:08 2024
Yup. It looks like they extracted the /src folder twice. Once into the game folder and then a second time into the /src folder they created the first time they extracted:
1721819846628.png

Also, Scarlet Ashbringer, if you're going to keep up with the patch you made through each new update that DC releases - you might want to consider making a thread specifically for your patch so that any questions can be directed there (and people can also search that thread much easier than this thread of 82k posts that include questions about older patches). You could edit your original patch post to link to your thread :)

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Yup. It looks like they extracted the /src folder twice. Once into the game folder and then a second time into the /src folder they created the first time they extracted:
View attachment 3862067

Also, Scarlet Ashbringer, if you're going to keep up with the patch you made through each new update that DC releases - you might want to consider making a thread specifically for your patch so that any questions can be directed there (and people can also search that thread much easier than this thread of 82k posts that include questions about older patches). You could edit your original patch post to link to your thread :)
I'll think about it, but I really did this patch because I wanted one for myself, not sure if I will keep it updated. I'll see if I can fit that in my schedule ^^

Reactions: Count Morado

raschi

Jan 8, 2019
Potentential Major Issue ALERT: They changed Summerville High to Summerville College! This seemingly small change can severely affect the continuity of the plot lines. Principal Smith is still showing up as a Principal instead of a Headmaster or President of the school and an entirely different power structure of what she can get away with. It also changes the nature of the quest to find a date for the Senior Prom just to name 2. It would be a lot simpler if DC changed it back to Summerville High, otherwise most of the storyline structure will have to be rewritten, (which means more delays in any updates).
High school options has been added to my Relation Tweaker Mod:
https://f95zone.to/threads/summertime-saga-relation-tweaker-mod-raschi.214780/
If you decide to try it, please direct questions and bugreports in the mod thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: sogetthis

Nejihyuga

Aug 19, 2022
Does anyone have sound problems like me, no music, no sound
No matter how I increase the volume, it mutes
My whole PC mutes when I open the game
and I can only play cheat mode
not normal mode

Last edited:

AkshayK

Jun 20, 2022
Dude the game is still going on? I played it like years ago, like 6 or 7. Did he find his dad's killers or what? Wasn't that the main goal? No hate for the game, I'm just surprised.

Tanliarian

May 3, 2017
Dude the game is still going on? I played it like years ago, like 6 or 7. Did he find his dad's killers or what? Wasn't that the main goal? No hate for the game, I'm just surprised.
Pretty much the main plot was finished and there's probaby 20-30 hours of content. Then a couple years ago they started this huge update where they expanded the map, changed the resolution, and a bunch of other tweaks (I wanna say around 2020). While they worked on it they periodically released little updates for the old codebase, so there was new content. Downside was this increased their workload as they transitioned to the new codebase, and it also meant there was more to transfer over. They finally released this update, but its really bare bones. People are pissed considering they spent like 4+ years on this. There is a current timeline to release the old content onto this new codebase in pieces every two months. The 2nd release should be coming out on the 31st.

It looks like they will spend another year porting over the old content. They make something like 60k per month on Patreon, I'm sure that's unrelated...

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Only two plausible reasons here;

1- He's really always sick because he has some sort of medical condition or his immune system is sadly really weak.
2- He's sick of working, like you say.

There is no other way that he can be always sick like that, for real.
its 2024. everyone is sick.
supermajority of westerners are not fit for military duty.

2/3rd of americans are obese
40% of americans have a bad back.
and there are a bunch of other issues.

actual healthy people are a small minority of the populace today

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
That or they catch small colds/have allergies and decide to take the entire day off. I've worked with many people like that.
there is just no oversight or boss he has to report to. in theory that would be his patreons but they don't care. if he pretends to be sick for the next week his patreon isn't gonna drop. if he says he's been working all day but not on stream nobody can prove him wrong. he has been testing the limits of what a patreon dev can get away with without losing his income for years now and the money still came rolling in.

he altready won the lottery, get rich without hard labor like lawyers and doctors who also make lots of money but have to work thieir ass off for it. last step is getting rich and barely working at all and suckers will prove him right again. his last couple defenders here are putting more work into their posts defending this guy than he does put into STS

4.00 star(s) 359 Votes