mattius77

May 16, 2017
YES and I meant I can't feel anything with this Version of cartoony art. It doesn't trigger my imagination. The glossyness is too distracting, their skin looks like plastic. Anyway I didn't think this would trigger anything. Just wanted to play an older version.
For what it's worth I generally agree with you. Of all the things that needed fixing with Summertime Saga, 'the art' would've been like 39th on the list imo.

The art style was a big draw for me in the first place.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
V.0.20.16
When I skip the story, why doesn't it feel smooth? There's only a lag when I press skip.
translate
Because it is a frankenstein monster of code written by half a dozen or so people over half a dozen or so years with half a dozen or so different levels of coding experience. It's one of the major reasons the tech update was undertaken for v21 - to fix the code for the game to run more smoothly.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
What’s the over/under on an update actually releasing this month lol
You can go ask Dark Cookie right now: - he's been on for 5 minutes now (and working on Judith artwork).

Also, last week, he said it would be this week for the planned release.

EDIT: Dark Cookie just said (about 9-10 minutes into the stream) "looks like it will be released this week..." Someone asked "Will it be before August?" and he said, "yes, it's going to be this month. This month. Come on."

Last edited:

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
You're complaining that a clearly cartoony aesthetic doesn't look real... Did you actually think at any point how silly your complaint is before or as you wrote that?

The art in this game has never looked real. It's always been cartoony.
Who ever said that the art in this game wasn't cartoony? Dude just said he preferred the older art and that it looked more real to him. And I can see where he's coming from, DC's art has been getting more glossy and smooth over time and that has led to some designs not being as compelling to me as the older art, even though the old art was rough.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Who ever said that the art in this game wasn't cartoony?
You literally answered the question yourself.
Dude just said he preferred the older art and that it looked more real to him.
Saying that this game's art has ever looked "real" is stupid. You repeating it after asking that question is worse.

And I can see where he's coming from, DC's art has been getting more glossy and smooth over time and that has led to some designs not being as compelling to me as the older art, even though the old art was rough.
It doesn't look real now, it didn't look real before. Neither of you are even using the correct word for what you're trying to say.

Zardoz23

Jan 28, 2021
You literally answered the question yourself.

Saying that this game's art has ever looked "real" is stupid. You repeating it after asking that question is worse.

It doesn't look real now, it didn't look real before. Neither of you are even using the correct word for what you're trying to say.
Ehhhhhhh. I think you're ignoring the "more" part of "more real" here. For instance we could say the image below from The Boys: Diabolical is less realistic than anything in Summertime Saga.

The Boys Booby Face.jpg

Just because both things are unrealistic doesn't mean one can't be more or less realistic than the other.

Last edited:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Ehhhhhhh. I think you're ignoring the "more" part of "more real" here.
There's a difference big difference between real and realistic. Saying something is "more real" is ridiculous, because nothing's "more" real than real itself. He deliberately worded his post that way, in order to support the other guy's stance.
One person said "real", the other changed what was said to "more real to him". The second guy's disingenuous argument is the other reason what he wrote was worse than the stupidity of calling the art aesthetic "real" for past versions of this game.

Zardoz23

Jan 28, 2021
There's a difference big difference between real and realistic. Saying something is "more real" is ridiculous, because nothing's "more" real than real itself. He deliberately worded his post that way, in order to support the other guy's stance.
One person said "real", the other changed what was said to "more real to him". The second guy's disingenuous argument is the other reason what he wrote was worse than the stupidity of calling the art aesthetic "real" for past versions of this game.
That's fair I suppose. But I tend to let context be my guide in situations like this. If I took everything literally without reading between the lines to parse the writer's intent I wouldn't be able to enjoy .

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
What’s the over/under on an update actually releasing this month lol
Wasn't the original plan monthly updates until the 'tech update' version reached parity with the previous one?

I dunno why people seem to think he'll keep to schedules, he was infamous for not releasing updates despite saying one is coming soon for multiple years. The only thing that made him update was the Abandoned tag, and with how permissive F95 is with it there won't be another update for 2-3 years again.

Dirty_Dan

Jun 16, 2017
Man, it's been a long time since I checked on this games progress. Last time I played was, maybe, 3 or 4 years ago? Definitely was right before the tech update began and before the first part of the story was completed.

Game is still quality, though I will admit, I expected a bit more progress than what I just played. To be fair the devs, I didn't expect that tech update to be as expansive as it appears to be. And that's fine, because if this makes things easier in the long run, it's for the best. Game just leaves me wanting more a lot of times.

The biggest flaw, of course, is a severe lack of Missy content. This is completely unacceptable and I expect a full refund of my Patreon money that I gave to the devs all those years ago. Seriously though, she was one of the characters I had hoped got some additional content, but it seems like she's still on the backburner for now.

The first part of the main plot concluded decently enough. Had some nice cathartic moments that I felt were earned. Not going to go too deep into it, but I had no issues with how things turned out. The additional characters certainly fleshed things out and helped with the build up.

There's a ton to say about the content added for the girls, but to keep things short and sweet:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Wasn't the original plan monthly updates until the 'tech update' version reached parity with the previous one?
No.

From 76,789, a transcription of part of the VOD of the 26 April 2024 Picarto stream:
1722298886661.png

From 76,925, the 30 April 2024 Patreon post that Hero1 copy/pasted to the thread:
1722299283335.png
I dunno why people seem to think he'll keep to schedules
I wouldn't argue with this statement. He's had poor project management in the past.
The biggest flaw, of course, is a severe lack of Missy content.
Missy is best girl (along with Eve).

4.00 star(s) 360 Votes