Filipe86

Nov 4, 2016
The best part in a incest game is when the characters are so doubtful about their actions.
This not just the word "Mom" - "Sister" - "Son" but whole dialogue.
"...but this is my Mom, this is so wrong" / "I can't do it, it's my son...". In this moment you can feel grow up the scene and
when you break the taboo you get the climax.

If you make a game without this part and the MC have sex with some characters called Mom o Siserts you just fail

Luckily I understand in DC's post, he is preparing a Patreon Patch
I don't know man, the way I understood he will only restaure incest when the game is finished. The patreon patch is to actually change the incest parts. But of cource, he won't oppose to unofficial patches that restaure the incest content back in.

You don't understand, DC already said that the reason why he won't do family updates is because it'd mean that he needs to do 2 stories, one for patreon and true story for the game, so same rule aplies to yoga, because he'd need to sacrifice real story for the sake of patreon guidelines meaning no yoga updates until 2k20 rip
Oh yeah, you're right, I did not really think how that would affect the yoga scenes. Shit!
Well, at least there are still great things to come, like the teachers and Roxxy.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
I wish people in this thread would take literally two minutes to check a few pages back in this thread before posting. The number of "why doesn't DC move to a different hosting site" and "why not just have this <insert workaround>" have been talked about multiple times in the last couple days.

Reactions: Metroid1988

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I don't know man, the way I understood he will only restaure incest when the game is finished. The patreon patch is to actually change the incest parts. But of cource, he won't oppose to unofficial patches that restaure the incest content back in.
Just No. I watch his streams regularly and can tell you that is not the case. I even asked him as many others about this and this is how he will handle the problem.

For now it will be handled with a patch so money can still roll in and he can finish the current update. He already has a Plan B, C and D and "a Ace up his sleeve" (his quote) to handle this patreon Bullshit.

For now he will focus on non family stuff cause he wont do 2 seperate stories for family members. Not only MC`s family but also Eriks and so on and so forth.
He won't i repeat he won't keep up with patreon if this means he cant finish the game as he planned with the incest content.

He said.
"Either we migrate to a another Site or we make our own site and leave patreon. They will regrett it when its to late you can't make a Website about Content creators if you try to get rid of said content creators"

So for now the fans have to make a incest patch to restore the stuff (he said so himself) BUT if Patreon keeps this up he will move away from patreon. Its not about the money its about his game making it the way HE wants it to be not how patreon dictates. And from what he said its not like he is scared of them or anything.

He simply doesnt give a flying fuck about their rules. As he himself said. For now the problem will be solved but for the future if they don't want him on patreon he doesn't have to be there.

To me its obvious that this Update is taking alot of time and work and his house is under renovations so he has other stuff on his mind at the moment.
But from his attitude it appears that he already counted on patreon taking a hit on him and being prepared as well. I think we will go with something similar like DMD did.

Edit: He also mentioned he already has another game completely finished which in worst case scenario could lead to Summertime Saga being replaced by another game which generates him money according to patreon rules but gives him the Time to still work on Summertime Saga without Patreons dictating shit.

TLDR = DarkCookie doesnt give a shit about Patreon and his rules and explained on stream he has multiple ways of dealing with patreon/making still money of it and still working on SS without Patreon being able to influence it.

Filipe86

Nov 4, 2016
Just No. I watch his streams regularly and can tell you that is not the case. I even asked him as many others about this and this is how he will handle the problem.

For now it will be handled with a patch so money can still roll in and he can finish the current update. He already has a Plan B, C and D and "a Ace up his sleeve" (his quote) to handle this patreon Bullshit.

For now he will focus on non family stuff cause he wont do 2 seperate stories for family members. Not only MC`s family but also Eriks and so on and so forth.
He won't i repeat he won't keep up with patreon if this means he cant finish the game as he planned with the incest content.

He said.
"Either we migrate to a another Site or we make our own site and leave patreon. They will regrett it when its to late you can't make a Website about Content creators if you try to get rid of said content creators"

So for now the fans have to make a incest patch to restore the stuff (he said so himself) BUT if Patreon keeps this up he will move away from patreon. Its not about the money its about his game making it the way HE wants it to be not how patreon dictates. And from what he said its not like he is scared of them or anything.

He simply doesnt give a flying fuck about their rules. As he himself said. For now the problem will be solved but for the future if they don't want him on patreon he doesn't have to be there.

To me its obvious that this Update is taking alot of time and work and his house is under renovations so he has other stuff on his mind at the moment.
But from his attitude it appears that he already counted on patreon taking a hit on him and being prepared as well. I think we will go with something similar like DMD did.

Edit: He also mentioned he already has another game completely finished which in worst case scenario could lead to Summertime Saga being replaced by another game which generates him money according to patreon rules but gives him the Time to still work on Summertime Saga without Patreons dictating shit.

TLDR = DarkCookie doesnt give a shit about Patreon and his rules and explained on stream he has multiple ways of dealing with patreon/making still money of it and still working on SS without Patreon being able to influence it.
Thanks for clearing this up for me man, that is actualy good news for me. I should start watching his streams too

rle68

May 28, 2017
Ok let me point out the obvious here that people seem to be missing

IF he removes the family relations aspect even temporarily...the game will continue to develop until its completed..

now for you chicken lil tards who keep screaming i wont play without it.. consider this would you rather have family relations and the game ends here now.. or let him remove it temporarily, finish the game and then restore therm?

its not rocket science

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017

IF he removes the family relations aspect even temporarily...the game will continue to develop until its completed..

now for you chicken lil tards who keep screaming i wont play without it.. consider this would you rather have family relations and the game ends here now.. or let him remove it temporarily, finish the game and then restore therm?

its not rocket science
True but according to him its not gonna happen like this. For Patreon he focus on non family stuff for now but in the long run this game will get back its incest stuff. With or without Patreon it just takes time finding an alternative website or making his own.

But his game wont be censored by patreon in the long run according to him.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Other devs had their account suspended and released a version which was patched later on, without content cut. Why can't he just do the same? He should care about his fans and his own creation at least as much as he cares about his host.

I admit I have my problems with devs like him or Dark Silver who earned so much money and now claim they can't finish their game or not continue it as it was in their vision.

I mean, I get it if you just earn enough for your own living but if you earn 15-25k a month, that means you make enough money to save up some

its not rocket science
Well, obviously if they write they won't play/support the game without incest, they already answered that for themselves.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well, obviously if they write they won't play/support the game without incest, they already answered that for themselves.
Well he said that he would make 2 versions of the game then. 1 for Patreons guidelines and 1 with the incest storyline.

He wont do that as he said he then rather leave patreon and migrate to another website or like DMD do his own website where he continues to work on Summertime Saga while adding a entirely different BUT ALREADY FINISHED GAME on Patreon to keep the cash flow running.

Apart from that he still has some other plans and a "Ace up my sleeve" whatever that means but it was pretty clear that he doesnt give a flying f... about patreons and their rules cause the moment his site went down he just laughed at the idea patreon killing his game.

I quote: "That will never happen"

Aiden

Oct 1, 2016
Hey, sorry im lost, something happened to DC about incest in summertime ? If someone could give me a quick status about it, Thanks

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I think a lot of people did not understand yet that incest content-to-be-made isn't that much.

Mom's story is finished. Completed. Ended. Kaputt. DC told it himself.
What is missing is: Aunt's pregnancy and Sis' story reworked.

DC didn't said: I won't do that anymore. He said: I'm postponing Sis and Aunt stories; firstly, I'm making Roxxy's update.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well he said that he would make 2 versions of the game then. 1 for Patreons guidelines and 1 with the incest storyline.

He wont do that as he said he then rather leave patreon and migrate to another website or like DMD do his own website where he continues to work on Summertime Saga while adding a entirely different BUT ALREADY FINISHED GAME on Patreon to keep the cash flow running.

Apart from that he still has some other plans and a "Ace up my sleeve" whatever that means but it was pretty clear that he doesnt give a flying f... about patreons and their rules cause the moment his site went down he just laughed at the idea patreon killing his game.

I quote: "That will never happen"
That doesn't sound at all like what he wrote yesterday in his official post though.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
NOT IN THE LEAST. There won't be 2 different SS versions. And he WON'T make ANY incest patches.

He said 1000 times - at least - that there won't be any incest content in SS until he stays with Patreon. When he leaves Patreon he will put all of the incest content back. NOT BEFORE THAT MOMENT.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
I think a lot of people did not understand yet that incest content-to-be-made isn't that much.

Mom's story is finished. Completed. Ended. Kaputt. DC told it himself.
What is missing is: Aunt's pregnancy and Sis' story reworked.

DC didn't said: I won't do that anymore. He said: I'm postponing Sis and Aunt stories; firstly, I'm making Roxxy's update.
It is suppose that, at some point, aunt would go to live with MC, mom and sister, opening the gate to some really kinky twist related with incest. If this is not going to happen because of the policy of Patreon, the game have lost easily 75% of its interest for me.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It is suppose that, at some point, aunt would go to live with MC, mom and sister, opening the gate to some really kinky twist related with incest. If this is not going to happen because of the policy of Patreon, the game have lost easily 75% of its interest for me.
Well, according to DC mom-sis incest was "never" going to happen anyway and everything else is more or less postponed for now. So yes, you'll have to live with your 25% from now on for quite some time.

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
Well, according to DC mom-sis incest was "never" going to happen anyway and everything else is more or less postponed for now. So yes, you'll have to live with your 25% from now on for quite some time.
Well, there is the problem of the long waiting periods between updates, the problem of the lack of compatibility of the savegames and the need of starting the game again and again every update, and now... no more incest with mom and the aunt? Well, I think I will live without the 100% of this game from now on. Actually, this game is just about 30 mins. of gameplay every two or three months, so... I think I will not miss it a lot. :winkytongue:

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes