Mar 21, 2018
Around 2 weeks ago someone was ranting about how they'll release it at the end of the month or next month for whatever reason. Back then I chuckled, now I'm fearful it may end up this way. Even if it's because of the lack of animations, it's really frustrating to see the development usually trickle on with a steady pace, only to come to a screeching halt at the very last step because something is wrong again.
Glad to see people are starting to see what i've been saying.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Exactly,which is why I have no clue what one could do with her.
Everything that traditionally has been used to endear such a character to the consumer(outside of tailoring the whole narrative around her being the better choice alas that would completely go against SS´s harem intention)is already done better by other characters.
I suppose DC could give her a specific sexual trait that distinguishes her(like exhibitionism,which plays well with her low confidence and the Ross storyline,though Eve seems to have covered that already)but thats kinda shallow for one of the main girls.
I think there's quite a bit of potential in her character. First there are really some who like her being a bit chubby and given that there's quite a bit to fix in her lifestyle it would be quite appealing to see and help her grow, to overcome the bullying and shine a bit. After all that makes her story somewhat unique since Mia (who has some issues with her family but that's it) and June (who is basically a happy nerd as she is) are pretty different in that regard. I'm not even sure if June will get a full story given that she was introduced this late and has only a minor role.

DTFU

Apr 6, 2017
Here's what DC said in the last hour on discord for those who want to know:

"AE is almost done, been working with him this morning to wrap up the last anim. They look great! Sometimes animations can take a while"
"It can be hard to work a freelance schedule/workload. I think in future updates I could try and split the workload with another animator etc."
"We're still finding bugs, so in a way, it's fine if anim takes a bit longer. I'm preparing 0.17 and making assets for the next update. The only downside is people have to wait a bit loinger to fap to roxxy. But in the big picture SS is getting more content continuously and polishing the gameplay/code along."

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
I think there's quite a bit of potential in her character. First there are really some who like her being a bit chubby and given that there's quite a bit to fix in her lifestyle it would be quite appealing to see and help her grow, to overcome the bullying and shine a bit. After all that makes her story somewhat unique since Mia (who has some issues with her family but that's it) and June (who is basically a happy nerd as she is) are pretty different in that regard. I'm not even sure if June will get a full story given that she was introduced this late and has only a minor role.
Yeah she has potential,but only that,and without a nice or remarking characteristic on her,she hardly will get voted on...

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah she has potential,but only that,and without a nice or remarking characteristic on her,she hardly will get voted on...
Well, someone has to be "last" and in the end there'll always be more and less popular characters. I mean it's not that she won't get her story if people don't vote, she'll just get it later. In the end it's going to be hard to make her more attractive at the moment without actually spoiling her whole story.

The only downside is people have to wait a bit loinger to fap to roxxy. But in the big picture SS is getting more content continuously and polishing the gameplay/code along."
Which I think is the most important sentence. In the end it doesn't really matter when an update gets released as long as DC keeps drawing all the time (even though it's of course an inconvenience).

Reactions: HB38

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Maybe to combat her falling to the bottom of the voting stack, you treat her as a character who just pops up in other people's story arcs. Somehow MC runs across her as he's tasked with other BS and there's always some kind of flirtation or sexy misunderstanding. It puts her into the story without needing for her to have her own block of quests.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Here's what DC said in the last hour on discord for those who want to know:

"AE is almost done, been working with him this morning to wrap up the last anim. They look great! Sometimes animations can take a while"
"It can be hard to work a freelance schedule/workload. I think in future updates I could try and split the workload with another animator etc."
"We're still finding bugs, so in a way, it's fine if anim takes a bit longer. I'm preparing 0.17 and making assets for the next update. The only downside is people have to wait a bit loinger to fap to roxxy. But in the big picture SS is getting more content continuously and polishing the gameplay/code along."
Considering they use the downtime to do some bugtesting along the way and finding them, I am inclined to wonder if we'll recieve a version that's without bugs for once, as the last couple of versions were usually quite riddled with them.

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Maybe to combat her falling to the bottom of the voting stack, you treat her as a character who just pops up in other people's story arcs. Somehow MC runs across her as he's tasked with other BS and there's always some kind of flirtation or sexy misunderstanding. It puts her into the story without needing for her to have her own block of quests.
That would likely have the opposite effect.
Characters randomly popping up in unrelated matters tend to go on peoples nerves,especially if they dont bring anything to the table in the first place.
Socializing that much would also kind of break her character.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
That would likely have the opposite effect.
Characters randomly popping up in unrelated matters tend to go on peoples nerves,especially if they dont bring anything to the table in the first place.
Socializing that much would also kind of break her character.
Yeah,and Judith only socializes with few people(until now her relations are limited to Mia and MC)...

Dirion

Aug 1, 2017
Writing the incest patch for the v0.15.x update took all my spare time over about ten days (dunno whether to be proud of that, or deeply ashamed...? Going with both :D). But obviously that was the first non-incest version of the game and took a shit-ton of time.

I get the update at the same time you guys do, so I'll get it updated as quickly as I can when it comes out.
You probably won't even see this but I want to thank you for your hard work in making the patches.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Isnt her stereotype part of the hook though?
You know,the whole "bland best friend of the opposite sex the MC always ignored"-clichee that turns up in any teen romance movie ever.
Really no clue how you could change that without eliminating the neccessary bland part(and boy that she is,so...mission accomplished?).
Or what exactly do you mean?Just more unique appearance traits?
To fully realize this trope, she will have to remove her glasses at some point. This will make MC recognize her innate hotness, and in an instant they will be bumping uglies all up and down Summerville.

Cybuster

Sep 28, 2017
Writing the incest patch for the v0.15.x update took all my spare time over about ten days (dunno whether to be proud of that, or deeply ashamed...? Going with both :D). But obviously that was the first non-incest version of the game and took a shit-ton of time.

I get the update at the same time you guys do, so I'll get it updated as quickly as I can when it comes out.
Godspeed, Comrade.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
wait.... what ... is ... THAT ?!?!?!?!?!?... Oh nothing just a crack in the wood .. keep drying paint
I've been painting the inside of my house this summer and if you get the right paint, it dries pretty quickly.

Overall, I'll be happy when it comes out, whenever that is. Impatiently posting and filling up the thread doesn't ever move the needle.

V01

Jul 19, 2017
Why do people continue to support this game in between the updates? Most games have at least one update a month, but with this you get nothing for those two or three months without an update. Its not like your extra money is even helping the development since the content we're getting hasn't improved or been released any faster as the game has received more money.

DonJulio123

Apr 14, 2018
Why do people continue to support this game in between the updates? Most games have at least one update a month, but with this you get nothing for those two or three months without an update. Its not like your extra money is even helping the development since the content we're getting hasn't improved or been released any faster as the game has received more money.
hope that dc will eventually use the money he makes to make the gamer quicker is my guess

Sceyro

Sep 21, 2016
You know very well why. Starts with a C and ends in a K.

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes