j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017

Not really
The game basically stagnated for the last 1,5 years (certainly since may 2020), when it could have grown a lot. It's not unreasonable to expect that DC would make a decent 6 figure number by now if they hadn't bungled/bloated the main story and if they had released the tech update on time. From a financial point of view 2020 and 2021 were really lost years.

Last edited:

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
There are a bunch of people thinking that they are not getting their money's worth on a free distribution site.
Why even answer the posts mentioning milk, saves, next update or lack there of? Sure would cut down of redundant posts/pages that are here.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
ITT: People looking the gift horse in the mouth. Gettin' it for free, but not gettin' it fast enough or not gettin' what they want ... for free.

And before one of the exceptions say they are patreons, whatever, WTF purpose is it to kvetch here - go kvetch on the patreon, discord, or wherever you have actual possible access with the development team? Bitching here advances nothing except to show you're a bitch.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
If complaining here is pointless then the opossite is pointless as well. Defending DC is as useless as complaining, yet, that never stop anyone of the guys who defend him, they keep doing it.

The premise is wrong, noone came here and argue couse they think it's going to change anything. Regardless of their position this is true for both sides. They do it couse they are bored or frustrated.

I understand how some people get angry with criticism and answer agresively but to use uselness as a form of discredit miss the point that internet forums are not made for usefull discussion and that their own interventions are from a practical perspective also a huge waste of time.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
have you guys checked out dc's picarto recently? he's been drawing some house in the woods for the last couple streams, does anyone know if this is related to the rhonda update?

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
have you guys checked out dc's picarto recently? he's been drawing some house in the woods for the last couple streams, does anyone know if this is related to the rhonda update?
It’s for the tech update or a hidden update involving witch and maybe Sasquatch.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
It’s for the tech update or a hidden update involving witch and maybe Sasquatch.
i thought the art for the tech update was done months ago? if it's for some new monster girl or something okay, honestly though i wish he would just focus on rhonda

Reactions: Throwawayxyz

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
i thought the art for the tech update was done months ago?
Yes, all of these new locations technically weren't supposed to be part of the actual tech update, given that most of them won't be needed for Rhonda's story, either. I guess if everything had gone to plan, we'd have gotten the new map, but the new location's frontyards would have been relased once they were needed. Now we'll get all of them at once.

... if it's for some new monster girl or something okay
It looks like we'll get a witch at some point, who is supposed to live there. Next to that maybe a wolf girl or such. But I doubt it's going to happen soon.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I'd rather have a "good ending" and be able to take one of the girls to the prom before starting the cycle of endlessly adding new fuckable characters. I'd settle for finishing the routes for the existing characters before starting the cycle of endlessly adding new fuckable characters.

I know, I know: the devs don't read these comments and bitching is unproductive and spams the thread with negativity. Just needed to vent. I hope I'm entitled to one freebie.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I'd rather have a "good ending" and be able to take one of the girls to the prom before starting the cycle of endlessly adding new fuckable characters. I'd settle for finishing the routes for the existing characters before starting the cycle of endlessly adding new fuckable characters.
I don't think there's actually a perfect way to do it. Having very few characters certainly makes it easier to focus, but in return the "world/game" is a lot less divers and probably also a bit less interesting. Don't get me wrong, there are many games which get it right with few characters, but in SS's case I'd say that girls like Missy and Becca or Grace and Odette actually make the game better, even though they certainly aren't necessary to write a good story about Roxxy or Eve. The thing is that you have to include them into these updates or you may not add them at all.

I know the main story has kinda messed with people minds, but apart from a few characters, there aren't really that many "super optinonal" characters people would forgo easily. Unless you get radical and cut everybody except the 8 (9) official main LI. But then the game would basically only consist of Debbie, Jenny, Mia, Roxxy, Eve, Ronda, Annie, Judith and Kevin (maybe Diane and Tammy as it would be easy to add them).

Last but not least to your point: The prom is supposed to be added after we've gotten a somewhat comprehensive dating system. That's why DC probably never even considered going beyond what we've got now, for now.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Last but not least to your point: The prom is supposed to be added after we've gotten a somewhat comprehensive dating system. That's why DC probably never even considered going beyond what we've got now, for now.
I've seen the dating system mentioned. That series of words brings to mind the dating system in Love & Sex: Second Base. I wouldn't want a system like that in Summertime Saga, i.e. taking girls to various date locations, and having to say and do the right things to convince them to sleep with me. I've already convinced them to sleep with me! Hooking up without dating is what life is like in school! That's one of the things that I like about this game, in contrast to typical harem games. I would have no problem at all if you could immediately pick someone to take to the prom after finishing the Raz storyline and completing the chosen girl's route.

Maybe the devs will come up with a dating system that matches the feel and gameplay of the rest of the game. Right now, I'm skeptical that such a system would make the game better rather than worse.

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes