Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
A few things : "pre-tech" is the batches, "tech" is the widescreen/recode. Tech itself won't have any scenes (probably), it'll have a few new girls though (the PC class teacher, the witch in the woods, the new gym girl who's MC's PC's background, etc). And considering the entire game getting re-coded, you're probably gonna have to replay from the start, whatever happens
Yeah that's what I meant. Thanks for the correction.

teraptuss

May 4, 2019
A few things : "pre-tech" is the batches, "tech" is the widescreen/recode. Tech itself won't have any scenes (probably), it'll have a few new girls though (the PC class teacher, the witch in the woods, the new gym girl who's MC's PC's background, etc). And considering the entire game getting re-coded, you're probably gonna have to replay from the start, whatever happens
If its getting re-coded , do you think any of the current content or dialog will change or be different at all? The last New Odette scene was kind of retroactive if you played from the start. Kind of dig that stuff.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
If its getting re-coded , do you think any of the current content or dialog will change or be different at all? The last New Odette scene was kind of retroactive if you played from the start. Kind of dig that stuff.
Probably not. They already took over a year just remaking the scenes for the new 16:9 screensize, don't think they'll rewrite the whole game/story on top of that. It's also mostly "under the hood", where 1 dude has to redo a few thousand lines of code to make the game less janky and run smoother. Which probably will crap out Renpy, which is why we (probably) need to restart, since most of the stuff in your save won't work if coder changes anything.

Odette got 2 scenes (more since batch 1 but meh) : 1 during Eve's route (retroactive if you want it) and another 1 after the route, where you only need to talk to her. Batch 5 (end of July-ish) should be the mafia girls (Svetlana doesn't appear during the route, so no retro for her and the other girls are there for 1 scene then vanish during the shootout. Now they could expand on them during that 1 scene (retro) or just cram them afterwards with Svet) ....

Reactions: teraptuss

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Thing is they don't even really help anyone. At best they insult them and tell them to use the search function, which most people that are asking for help probably don't even know how to use. So they're definitely not getting paid lol.

You would THINK they're spending 12 hours a day on this thread helping people out cause they're super nice and got free time but no. In reality they got nothing to do and wait for someone to post something slightly negative about DC so they can make a sarcastic reply and try to argue. It seems like that's their whole life/only source of entertainment. I look at this thread every couple weeks and every time it's just pure toxicity from the same 3-4 people.

Both them and the people constantly angry at DC really need to get a life and/or smoke weed. Idk what they're going through IRL (and I hope they get help) but it's leaking on to here and it sucks.
Also, the search function isn't nearly as helpful as they make it sound unless you're willing to really dig into the advanced search features. Even if you limit your query to this thread you'll typically get several pages full of people asking very similar questions, since it's probably come up more than a few times in the six years and 3200+ pages of conversation. I've had similar experiences trying to find information in other threads much shorter than this one, and I often won't get a useful tidbit without sifting through a couple dozen pages and cross-referencing dates off Patreon posts or third-party sites. Knowing how to properly use an internet search is a skill that takes time to develop.

Whiterichie93

Dec 11, 2019
Probably not. They already took over a year just remaking the scenes for the new 16:9 screensize, don't think they'll rewrite the whole game/story on top of that. It's also mostly "under the hood", where 1 dude has to redo a few thousand lines of code to make the game less janky and run smoother. Which probably will crap out Renpy, which is why we (probably) need to restart, since most of the stuff in your save won't work if coder changes anything.

Odette got 2 scenes (more since batch 1 but meh) : 1 during Eve's route (retroactive if you want it) and another 1 after the route, where you only need to talk to her. Batch 5 (end of July-ish) should be the mafia girls (Svetlana doesn't appear during the route, so no retro for her and the other girls are there for 1 scene then vanish during the shootout. Now they could expand on them during that 1 scene (retro) or just cram them afterwards with Svet) ....
As long as they fix the bug of the spacebar not working SPECIFICALLY for spacebar mashing mini games. Can't complete Roxy's story because the spacebar won't work. Fix that and I'm happy.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Also, the search function isn't nearly as helpful as they make it sound unless you're willing to really dig into the advanced search features. Even if you limit your query to this thread you'll typically get several pages full of people asking very similar questions, since it's probably come up more than a few times in the six years and 3200+ pages of conversation. I've had similar experiences trying to find information in other threads much shorter than this one, and I often won't get a useful tidbit without sifting through a couple dozen pages and cross-referencing dates off Patreon posts or third-party sites. Knowing how to properly use an internet search is a skill that takes time to develop.
The search giving too many hits to be useful is a direct result of people not using it and asking the same stuff over and over again.

But it should be clear how to use it. Especially restricting it to the current thread and finding the most relevant hits at the top.

And the most interesting question is why one should bother replying to guys who are too lazy for even reading one page back.

4.00 star(s) 361 Votes