Jul 22, 2022
Technically you'd ultimately have to subtract the first ~1,5 to 2 years of development, as most of the content from that time has been reworked or will be reworked at some point and as such was basically done twice.

And compared to your standard (japanese) VN? Well, there you'll have a limited cast of 4 to 6 girls, a small set of poses, a few generic backgrounds and for the most part static sex scenes or maybe a few simple animations. And that's it for the most part. The actual number assets for such a game is indeed quite small. If you compare that to this game, you'll see the different level of effort and detail. As such the time it takes is simply longer, given that everything is still drawn by one person.

The question to ask is simply, how many assets (including the ones to create the animations) can one person reasonably draw per year and that's roughly your answer about the amount of content the game gets.
GOAT answer right there. It seems much more reasonable to me after having read that.
Thank you for taking the time to type it out.

nicknic91

Mar 15, 2018
So you ignored the entire thread then ?

Lol at you or lol at what you quoted ? I'll go with 1st choice
yeah, i started reading at the "so if i understand correctly this game is dead" bit even tho the creator literally said about a week ago that he was gonna take a 1-2 weeks break and then was gonna work on publishing the next update

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It’s a scary thought that this game will probably be finished by the time most of us are dead.
Why do you want it "finished", anyway? If it's finished, that means no more content. I honestly don't understand the anxiety that people want this game to receive no more content - as much as people seem to enjoy it (or enjoy being frustrated by it), so many want it to be done and over with.

I have already stated my inability to understand people who have anxiety the other way, as well.

Either way, DC is only done with Summertime Saga when it no longer brings him joy to work on it - whether or not we think it is done. Not a day before, maybe not a day after.

Reactions: srksrk 68

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Why do you want it "finished", anyway? If it's finished, that means no more content. I honestly don't understand the anxiety that people want this game to receive no more content - as much as people seem to enjoy it (or enjoy being frustrated by it), so many want it to be done and over with.

I have already stated my inability to understand people who have anxiety the other way, as well.

Either way, DC is only done with Summertime Saga when it no longer brings him joy to work on it - whether or not we think it is done. Not a day before, maybe not a day after.
Totally agree. I also don't understand what all that asking for full saves and gallery unlocks is about as soon as a new update arrives. Do people just sit in front of the cookie jar, one handed, longing for new scenes?

fittizzio

Sep 19, 2017
Totally agree. I also don't understand what all that asking for full saves and gallery unlocks is about as soon as a new update arrives. Do people just sit in front of the cookie jar, one handed, longing for new scenes?
Are you telling me that you PLAY a GAME? What a bunch of degenerates...
k-degenerates-like-you-belong-on-a-cross-31134331.png

Reactions: RazielTheUndeath

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I get you but Kompas Productions doesn't release anything anymore after promises from their side
Personally I don't worry about it, I don't pay a euro to Kompass productions.
I think if you promise something you have to keep it otherwise you are a liar.
Point on the doll where the evil devs touched you ....... Also, promised what ? Last post he said late July/early August, then he said "coming weeks" around August 1st. Aside from that, question remains. WTF did he "promised" that didn't happen ? That the entire tech would take 3-4 months ? There's no release date on anything, and most of the time, whatever is posted as "soon™" stays that way

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
Point on the doll where the evil devs touched you ....... Also, promised what ? Last post he said late July/early August, then he said "coming weeks" around August 1st. Aside from that, question remains. WTF did he "promised" that didn't happen ? That the entire tech would take 3-4 months ? There's no release date on anything, and most of the time, whatever is posted as "soon™" stays that way
First of all, how long hasn't Kompas productions been making promises?

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes