gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
Judging by what happens during the other routes, they might split up before MC starts the dickings
Do you think the dad would leave her or vis-a-verse. I couldn't imagine the mom finding the courage to tell that a-hole to get lost. I can't tell if he's a closet homosexual or just a work a-holic.
I think DC would need to do something drastic in order to make that plot line different from Mia's. Instead of cuckolding the daughter, just have everyone join. Oh wait, that's incest...damn.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Do you think the dad would leave her or vis-a-verse. I couldn't imagine the mom finding the courage to tell that a-hole to get lost. I can't tell if he's a closet homosexual or just a work a-holic.
I think DC would need to do something drastic in order to make that plot line different from Mia's. Instead of cuckolding the daughter, just have everyone join. Oh wait, that's incest...damn.
Notdad will probably run away. Lucy won't go into ragemode (probably). Mia's route is gonna get 360'd into something else when she wins her remake poll, Erik's too. So Annie's will be the new "notmom and notdad went separate ways", while Mia's will have to wait 4-5 years to get redone.

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
Notdad will probably run away. Lucy won't go into ragemode (probably). Mia's route is gonna get 360'd into something else when she wins her remake poll, Erik's too. So Annie's will be the new "notmom and notdad went separate ways", while Mia's will have to wait 4-5 years to get redone.
Wow thanks. Why is Mia getting retconned though? Did people hate her route?

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
She's in a bad spot, because she was the first school girl to win her poll, back when everyone was supposed to get 2 to 3 small updates instead of one large. As such she's got one small update worth of content, but it's not very good compared to Roxxy or Eve.
I thought they Roxy and Eve suppose to be like your 'main' choices and everybody else just side pieces. DC did a great job building them up and slowly escalating the sexual acts performed. But I guess there's no stopping DC from developing everyone story to a similar length.

Now that I think about it, you don't spend a lot of time with Mia on 'Mia's' route. It had more to do with her mother and she kind of just lets you 'put it in' at the end. I'm not too sure of their history as neighbors but she seems to be more sexually curious than interested in the protag.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I thought they Roxy and Eve suppose to be like your 'main' choices and everybody else just side pieces. DC did a great job building them up and slowly escalating the sexual acts performed. But I guess there's no stopping DC from developing everyone story to a similar length.
No, the school girls are supposed to be equal, so we can expect the coming updates for Ronda, Annie and Judith to be in the catergory as Roxxy and Eve. Mia is supposed to get a rework at some point, to get her story up to the same level, too.

Now that I think about it, you don't spend a lot of time with Mia on 'Mia's' route. It had more to do with her mother and she kind of just lets you 'put it in' at the end. I'm not too sure of their history as neighbors but she seems to be more sexually curious than interested in the protag.
As said, she was supposed to get a second additional update after her first, which would have elaborated her part of her story. Shortly after that DC/his patrons decided that longer updates with full stories instead are preferable to smaller ones.

Reactions: gnub33

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
No, the school girls are supposed to be equal, so we can expect the coming updates for Ronda, Annie and Judith to be in the catergory as Roxxy and Eve. Mia is supposed to get a rework at some point, to get her story up to the same level, too.
I appreciate the info. I can understand better why there are so many people loosing their patience. Several characters are promised to get an amount of content on par with Roxxy and Eve. Personally I'd prefer to check in every 5-6 months and tune out the rest of the year instead of essentially asking "are we there yet?". The fact that DC streams so often gives me hope.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I appreciate the info. I can understand better why there are so many people loosing their patience. Several characters are promised to get an amount of content on par with Roxxy and Eve. Personally I'd prefer to check in every 5-6 months and tune out the rest of the year instead of essentially asking "are we there yet?". The fact that DC streams so often gives me hope.
The whole issue arises because the quality increased a lot. Back when DC started the game and introduced most of these characters, we had very simple, repeating quests for the most part (earn money -> buy item x -> hand it over -> repeat), very simple (two frame) animations, no pregnancies, hardly any cut scenes, "worse art" in general (see below a comparison between old and new Roxxy), etc.
Creating the art for the same amount of playtime takes way more time now than it did in the very beginning.

Then again, the new situation has been know for many years by now and I'd agree that DC really doesn't show any signs of quitting. People really have no choice but to stop giving money and accept it and I don't really understand, why some seem to invest a significant amount of time to be angry about it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I feel that.
Can't quote the dude you quoted since he got nuked, but : DC won't make scenes for girls without finished routes. So anything for the 3 planned upcoming girls and/or any1 that needs a remake will never get a bonus scene for the pre-techs. Almost 2 years later and people still dunno about that and get mad over nothing ......

Then you got the "but DC should work on something worthwhile" : bruh, he got most of R(h)onda's route done since ~Feb, he won't stream the lewds anyway. WTF do you want him to do instead ? Do 99% of Annie's now, and you'll still have to wait almost a year for it ? Or do you prefer him to do nothing for 8+ months, not stream, keep silent on Patreon and just wait for the coder to do his (part-time) job ?

Basic understanding of how the game is made should be both known and a requirement for whining about stuff

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Can't quote the dude you quoted since he got nuked, but : DC won't make scenes for girls without finished routes. So anything for the 3 planned upcoming girls and/or any1 that needs a remake will never get a bonus scene for the pre-techs. Almost 2 years later and people still dunno about that and get mad over nothing ......

Then you got the "but DC should work on something worthwhile" : bruh, he got most of R(h)onda's route done since ~Feb, he won't stream the lewds anyway. WTF do you want him to do instead ? Do 99% of Annie's now, and you'll still have to wait almost a year for it ? Or do you prefer him to do nothing for 8+ months, not stream, keep silent on Patreon and just wait for the coder to do his (part-time) job ?

Basic understanding of how the game is made should be both known and a requirement for whining about stuff
Also fair to point out DC always has the art done WAY before the other members of the team are even close to finishing their parts. Who knows how many scenes he's already done.

affen123

Oct 6, 2017
Also fair to point out DC always has the art done WAY before the other members of the team are even close to finishing their parts. Who knows how many scenes he's already done.
I thought it would be so that when dc is done with the scenes, the others can start working first.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I thought it would be so that when dc is done with the scenes, the others can start working first.
If that would be so, we wouldn't have so many games without any art but pages of dialogs to click away...

You can, if you only want to, do everything in parallel. It's called planning, and mocking. It's done since ever in animation movies for example, when the story boards are being created with dummy images, without special effects, and unvoiced dialogs. You don't need to have the finished images to code around them. You don't need to have the story ready to draw the images, and neither the other way round.

Of course, when it comes to the last 5%, that will take 95% of the time, as always...

hellyeah3000

Nov 11, 2021
Please Please Please can you introduce a pill or something that enlarges the cock to massive proportions, even for futa eve!!

Make it so it grows bigger than yours during sex and the next day its very visible in clothing!

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Please Please Please can you introduce a pill or something that enlarges the cock to massive proportions, even for futa eve!!

Make it so it grows bigger than yours during sex and the next day its very visible in clothing!
Eve can be transgender, not futa. They're completely different things.

Even yours were a good and popular idea, it would take a lot of work to redraw Eve in every scene with such an enlarged cock. That by itself makes your idea highly unlikely, that much more sought after updates have yet to be released makes it even more unlikely to ever happen.

Dec 21, 2020
You, a person who has not clue how to develop any games or virtual novels are debating the particulars of game development with a person who is a developer of a game. That is... funny.

Also, attacking a game that a developer makes available to everyone for free is... funny.

View attachment 2194164
Look, not wanting to detract from your opinion, but the fact that the game is practically free weighs a little in terms of the fact that the biggest criticism regarding this is the delay in updates.

Let's look at the facts.
Darkcookie as far as I remember didn't do any art or college of any kind (at least he never commented on the streams) He learned by doing, his team is also made up of people of similar caliber, and given that each of them must have their reasons to continue in the project, some dev's have their own work and do a kind of help for Dark.
He has his family himself, so the time he spends developing the game is limited.

But even so, I believe it delays certain points on purpose... I'm a programmer and I tell you, it's not that difficult to write lines of code for a game like SummertimeSaga, I've already messed with some game files myself to see what I found over there (I know, I do this with every game, kind of a habit like I'm looking for something that doesn't exist)

But, everyone has their own opinion. But both sides have strong arguments.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
practically free weighs a little in terms of the fact that the biggest criticism regarding this is the delay in updates.
Yes it does weigh a lot. No, both sides do not have strong arguments.

I don't know how difficult this is for people to understand.

It's a free game for anyone who wants to play it, provided free by the developer. Anything a free player gets, whenever they get it, is still free.

You get it free if it comes out today.
You get it free if it comes out tomorrow.
You get it free if it comes out next year.
You get it free if it comes out next millennia millennium. (edit: happy, Omnikuken?)
You get it free.

If you have paid specifically for a product or service with the understanding that you get the product or service either on a certain date or receive expected services or updates on a certain calendar and then you don't get it - yes, there is a legitimate argument. That is something similar as what you might see on a Steam service, or in a brick-and-mortar business. But that is not the case with most creatives on patreon. That is not the case with darkcookie. For darkcookie and most creatives on patreon, a contributor is donating because they enjoy what the creative is doing - there is no product promised for any contribution.

There is an old saying "never look a gift horse in the mouth." This means that if you are given something, accept it gratefully or refuse it, but to bitch about it is ridiculous. The developer gives this game free to anyone who wishes to play it. Subscribers who donate for darkcookie to continue working on his vision make that possible.

Would it be nice is updates came out quicker or had more content or content I would prefer? Sure! Do I think darkcookie has issues with project management? Sure! Would I like to see everyone on his payroll work fulltime on the project? Sure! But since its free, it's not a concern of mine.

Just because someone wants something free quicker and they may think that the person who is going to give it to them is dragging their feet doesn't give them a "strong argument." Just because they don't understand the economics of the market in which something is going on doesn't give them a "strong argument." Just because they want it now doesn't make it a "strong argument."

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Yes it does weigh a lot. No, both sides do not have strong arguments.

I don't know how difficult this is for people to understand.

It's a free game for anyone who wants to play it, provided free by the developer. Anything a free player gets, whenever they get it, is still free.

You get it free if it comes out today.
You get it free if it comes out tomorrow.
You get it free if it comes out next year.
You get it free if it comes out next millennia.
You get it free.

If you have paid specifically for a product or service with the understanding that you get the product or service either on a certain date or receive expected services or updates on a certain calendar and then you don't get it - yes, there is a legitimate argument. That is something similar as what you might see on a Steam service, or in a brick-and-mortar business. But that is not the case with most creatives on patreon. That is not the case with darkcookie. For darkcookie and most creatives on patreon, a contributor is donating because they enjoy what the creative is doing - there is no product promised for any contribution.

There is an old saying "never look a gift horse in the mouth." This means that if you are given something, accept it gratefully or refuse it, but to bitch about it is ridiculous. The developer gives this game free to anyone who wishes to play it. Subscribers who donate for darkcookie to continue working on his vision make that possible.

Would it be nice is updates came out quicker or had more content or content I would prefer? Sure! Do I think darkcookie has issues with project management? Sure! Would I like to see everyone on his payroll work fulltime on the project? Sure! But since its free, it's not a concern of mine.

Just because someone wants something free quicker and they may think that the person who is going to give it to them is dragging their feet doesn't give them a "strong argument." Just because they don't understand the economics of the market in which something is going on doesn't give them a "strong argument." Just because they want it now doesn't make it a "strong argument."
Just pointing out that "millenia" is plural. So we expect the tech build around the year 4000+ now

4.00 star(s) 366 Votes