Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
if you care about this game you should stop donating even if it's just 2$ or whatever. if enough people do this there might be change, for example DC might actually hire a project manager, employ a full time coder or at least he might pretend to actually work on stream instead of doodling for 2 hours or wasting 30 minutes talking to his team about where exactly to put a chair inside the bar and things like that. if progress continues at this pace the tech update is still not going to be out by the same time next year
He lost over 11% income in 2 years, didn't change anything. It's as if the $/month point never worked and what we've been saying for 2 years is actually true : he doesn't care about $
it's not really not about protecting new people from donating. throwing 2$ a month or so in DC's pocket doesn't really hurt the donator, the problem is DC will not do better as he is right now because, just as you said, he keeps making more money

also nobody is physically stopping you from giving your money to DC but i'm not going to stop talking about how he completly changed in terms of transparency and his work ethic from back when he started, because back then you could really see the progress he was making in his streams on his art for example. back then you were able to ask him questions like why is it necessary to make a 360 degree view of the town or making these really elaborate interiors of the light house instead of him working on the rhonda/annie update. if he's done with both the rhonda and annie update art he could start drawing art for the judith story and so on. try doing that now and you immediately get banned.
So you want all the art for the next 5+ updates to be done now and have DC twiddle his ass for the next 4 years, doing absolutely nothing, since he made the art way too soon ? While the posers and coder still need a year per route ? Logic doesn't work like people in here think it does .....

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
To be fair, there's certainly a difference, if either you spend your time on something you like or on something that just causes you frustration. I totally get people who enjoy something (no matter what kind of strange hobby/topic it may be) and want to be part of that community - they do it, because it's fun. But I totally don't get people, who are just spending their time on negative emotions again and again and again. Having a few bad weeks is fine, but after some time one should really ask oneself, if that time shouldn't be spent on something positive. There are some people around here, who are writing the same negative comments for 3+ years...
be the change you want to see and talk about something positive then and i'll chime in. i just can't think of anything really. we'll soon be going into year three of waiting for the tech update that was supposed to done in 3-4 months when people voted for it with no end in sight. zero transparency or communication about how progress is going, but everything is fine. we got a couple new lighthouse backgrounds i guess, we can talk about that if you want but i don't really see the point.

Feb 22, 2020
You mean the animations made by dildorog ? nope they will not appear in the official Summertime Saga build :cry:.
Dildo releases new STS animations several times a week, DC should hire such talented people.
Can they be added to the game with a mod or is it just stuff on rule34 sites?

Mar 6, 2021
1676929903163.png
when was this posted by him? 2017? some time in 2018? way back before he sold out to the money.... LOL try again no lifes. i'm glad NLT Media is pumpin out good content ever few weeks. yet somehow they have less patrons and i bet less funding. seems weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: bogodit

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well if they make money off of people and it is based soul of of contracts and other things. but telling people that you will make games for money then not delivering what you promised is a crime. yes i now where i am but then if they are still working on the game but not what you like they are still doing there job's there way and no i do not know why i said this just felt like it i guess lol.

sandyknees34

May 10, 2021
How does this game still have people saying he isn't milking his pay pigs? Just two more weeks guys and the tech update will be done dw! The trump russian stuff was cringe at the time, I can't imagine how bad that will age a few years from now.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Does it ever occur to people that shit could've just went wrong in development? Why does everything have to be some conspiracy?

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Does it ever occur to people that shit could've just went wrong in development? Why does everything have to be some conspiracy?
if shit went wrong during development they should just communicate clearly and openly instead of letting people watch the tracker change 2% in 4 months and leave it at that, because that's how conspiracy theories start.

of course if the reasoning is that he just doesn't want to pay full time coders or a project manager who sets up a clear time plan, that's a little harder to explain and defend in front of your patreons but still there seem to be enough people around here who don't mind so he should just do it

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
if shit went wrong during development they should just communicate clearly and openly instead of letting people watch the tracker change 2% in 4 months and leave it at that, because that's how conspiracy theories start.

of course if the reasoning is that he just doesn't want to pay full time coders or a project manager who sets up a clear time plan, that's a little harder to explain and defend in front of your patreons but still there seem to be enough people around here who don't mind so he should just do it
You could at least drop the hiring full time dudes. It didn't work last year when you started crying about it and it won't do anything now. After moaning the same thing for over a year and get 0 results (like people saying anything would actually do something to begin with), you could at least find something newer to bitch about
Working on something else, I guess.
Like what ? Summertime 2 ? Wintertime ? A RPGmaker game about Jenny conquering shotas around town ? He's not doing anything aside this game, even if it's not much and it takes 3 years

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017

I mean I agree, DC could communicate more and be more transparent to the people who support him, not everyone wants to watch his stream and piece together snippets of info over hours of talking shit.

But that doesn't mean it's a scam though. There's people in this thread who can't believe not everyone realizes DC is milking everyone at this point. You're free to speculate, I've done it as well, but don't act as if other people are imbeciles because they don't come to the same conclusion as you, it could very much be that they're just incompetent, which I think is the most likely scenario if you look at the info we got.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Like what ? Summertime 2 ? Wintertime ? A RPGmaker game about Jenny conquering shotas around town ? He's not doing anything aside this game, even if it's not much and it takes 3 years
He has another unannounced project, could be making concept art, brainstorming, etc. on the side.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
He has another unannounced project, could be making concept art, brainstorming, etc. on the side.
Unannounced project he put there over 6 years ago before Summertime got big. He never talks about it nor does anything to hint he still has anything to do with another game

• Angry
Reactions: GucciGang69

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Unannounced project he put there over 6 years ago before Summertime got big. He never talks about it nor does anything to hint he still has anything to do with another game
It's not far fetched to think DC saw the delayed tech-update as an opportunity to do some pre-production work for his other project. Working on the same thing for years gets tiring, varying your workload is something people do all the time to avoid burnout.

And just because he doesn't talk about it doesn't mean he doesn't do anything with it, especially considering he doesn't talk about much to begin with. There's no reason whatsoever to mention his unannounced project in the first place too.

4.00 star(s) 366 Votes