Aug 24, 2020
So before it was estimated to be around June for the pre tech, but now end of the year? Is that because lack of updates from DC or just milking? I wanna play the game but holding off until pre tech.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
So before it was estimated to be around June for the pre tech, but now end of the year? Is that because lack of updates from DC or just milking? I wanna play the game but holding off until pre tech.
No date was ever given, DC isn't milking and you might have 6+ months left before the tech drops. You do what you want till then, and you'll have to restart from 0 when the tech releases

Username7

May 1, 2017
Given that they'll literally have to re-test the whole game, there's almost certainly enough content done to test quite a few storylines and to iron out some bugs as soon as possible. As we don't have access to the detailed tracker, it's hard to tell which tasks are close to being completed and which aren't.
I have access to it. I just never post anything from it because there's not much there that the devs haven't already said is left to do but if you want a run down here you go. Not posting screenshots because no one wants to see image after image of censored task, pre tech task, censored pre tech task, tons of variations of the same task over and over hell "Rewire <Name>" makes up around 50 of the remaining 80 odd to do coding task alone.

Art: Aside from reworking the webcam mini game, reviews and fixes it's done.

Writing: done.

Posing: In progress: Reviewing stuff, Main story parts 1&3, Debbie, Jenny, Mia, Roxxy and all four teacher's stories. To do: Main story part 2, Eve & Daisy's stories, the mall & library and more reviews.
Edit: Main story 3 was at the epilogue around December according to it's poser, Debbie and Jenny should also be pretty far along seeing as Debbie's being rewired and DC's fixed some stuff fairly far into Jenny's story.

Coding: In progress: Character routines, schedule & pregnancy systems, seed - prop, rewiring MC and Debbie. To do: Rewire every other character, most of the mini games, Gui - popups, cheat and debug menus, performance improvements, image pipeline, conflict resolution and shaders for combat transitions.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
There's gonna be an ntr path in the future? It would be great that Eve, Mia, Roxxy or Annie had a corruption path with some BBC, Old man or something like that ONLY if the player whant to, just saying :Kappa:
I can say with 99.994% certainty that there will never be any netorare (NTR) content in Summertime Saga under the direction of DarkCookie. If that is something you are looking for, you should check out the SPH Mod from ImTransAndTiny because that is an optional genre in that mod.

• Sad
Reactions: GaRbS and Ghost2738

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I have access to it. I just never post anything from it because there's not much there that the devs haven't already said is left to do but if you want a run down here you go. Not posting screenshots because no one wants to see image after image of censored task, pre tech task, censored pre tech task, tons of variations of the same task over and over hell "Rewire <Name>" makes up around 50 of the remaining 80 odd to do coding task alone.

Art: Aside from reworking the webcam mini game, reviews and fixes it's done.

Writing: done.

Posing: In progress: Reviewing stuff, Main story parts 1&3, Debbie, Jenny, Mia, Roxxy and all four teacher's stories. To do: Main story part 2, Eve & Daisy's stories, the mall & library and more reviews.
Edit: Main story 3 was at the epilogue around December according to it's poser, Debbie and Jenny should also be pretty far along seeing as Debbie's being rewired and DC's fixed some stuff fairly far into Jenny's story.

Coding: In progress: Character routines, schedule & pregnancy systems, seed - prop, rewiring MC and Debbie. To do: Rewire every other character, most of the mini games, Gui - popups, cheat and debug menus, performance improvements, image pipeline, conflict resolution and shaders for combat transitions.
Much appreciated. I kinda do want to see screenshots, if only to see what's been marked as completed. Because to me, the "to-do" and "in progress" tasks look like they represent the largest tasks from the latest updates of the game. Or have they been rolling the pre-tech update tasks into the overall completion percentage?

Mar 6, 2021
so we are on 0.20.16 alpha build of this game. 7 years of development hell and the game is only 21% complete.... and now abandoned LOL the poor marks still paying a monthly fee for nothing.

Reactions: bigfootjr
Mar 6, 2021
we can tell who is a paying mark in here LOL ;) and build number is % done. it always has been. when it gets to build 1.0 the game is complete. we at 0.20.16 so about 21% done. DC is taking yall for a ride! LOL

Username7

May 1, 2017
Much appreciated. I kinda do want to see screenshots, if only to see what's been marked as completed. Because to me, the "to-do" and "in progress" tasks look like they represent the largest tasks from the latest updates of the game. Or have they been rolling the pre-tech update tasks into the overall completion percentage?
I have to assume that pre-techs do count into completion percentage because they add them and close them out the same as the rest of the task the difference is that most of it's listed as censored but you can tell what they are by their task number and that they're clustered together. Here's some examples of what I mean and again I don't want to post all of it because that'd be close to 20 screenshots.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I have to assume that pre-techs do count into completion percentage because they add them and close them out the same as the rest of the task the difference is that most of it's listed as censored but you can tell what they are by their task number and that they're clustered together. Here's some examples of what I mean and again I don't want to post all of it because that'd be close to 20 screenshots.

Thanks again, that's a fascinating look inside. Do you know if most of the "censored" items belong to the pre-tech material or the proper tech update itself? If it's the latter, there could be a substantial amount of refreshed/remastered content in the final tech update build.

Also, you should probably send DC an invoice for doing his job in updating the general public. :ROFLMAO: Seriously, his patrons shouldn't have to divine the state of the update from a redacted task list and the occasional tidbit amidst 2+ hours of casual art streams.

Username7

May 1, 2017
Thanks again, that's a fascinating look inside. Do you know if most of the "censored" items belong to the pre-tech material or the proper tech update itself? If it's the latter, there could be a substantial amount of refreshed/remastered content in the final tech update build.

Also, you should probably send DC an invoice for doing his job in updating the general public. :ROFLMAO: Seriously, his patrons shouldn't have to divine the state of the update from a redacted task list and the occasional tidbit amidst 2+ hours of casual art streams.
Based on when it's added the majority is pre-tech stuff but there are a few censored task that are all alone with random numbers so who knows also the day to day changes they log are also sometimes censored.
Edit: Because I forgot to mention it in an earlier post. Now that Stray's started rewiring Debbie I can use the time it takes him to get an idea on how long each character will take.

Last edited:
Reactions: MurkyTurtle

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The censored lines were always the smex stuff. He doesn't stream them and they don't reveal what they are. All of those screencap'd are either older scenes "remade" for 16:9 or the pre-tech stuff rejigged for the wider screen. There won't be new scenes only made for the tech build

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
so we are on 0.20.16 alpha build of this game. 7 years of development hell and the game is only 21% complete.... and now abandoned LOL the poor marks still paying a monthly fee for nothing.
The game isn't in alpha at all, not sure where you're getting that from. It's pretty polished except for the lack of audio in many places, and of course the small aspect ratio and some behind the scenes spaghetti code, hence why there's a tech-update. Nor has it been in development hell for 7 years, it's gotten consistent updates for all of those years.

It's also not 21% complete, there's a lot of content that's already finished, not many games have as much content as SS.

You're holding this game to traditional standards when there's one guy that draws and manages the game while there's a couple other dudes doing all the rest part-time, you can donate if you want, or not, because the game is completely free to download for everyone. I know this might be a little much for you so please don't drown in your own drool when wrapping your head around this otherworldly concept.
we can tell who is a paying mark in here LOL ;) and build number is % done. it always has been. when it gets to build 1.0 the game is complete. we at 0.20.16 so about 21% done. DC is taking yall for a ride! LOL
That's not how it works at all. No software developer is going to calculate exactly how many builds it's going to take to get to 1.0, nor will they restrict themselves to 100 builds for the sake of some rule you literally just made up. Build versions are nothing but symbols to communicate that this build is different from the last, devs call something 1.0 whenever they want.
even if you have only been paying him a dollar a month for the last few years you have still paid too much for this game. it's a 10 dollar game at best. yall got took for a ride. it's dorky cartoon art i'm just here for lolz. these bitches aren't even hot. just trying to help you save money out here. i'm out see you next week!
I can tell you that the vast majority of people here aren't patrons of DC. Even then, people can do with their money whatever they want, just because you have different taste doesn't mean people are getting shafted, it just means you don't think it's worth donating to.

The game's in a rough spot right now because they underestimated how much work it would take to essentially revisit every piece of art and code to rework it. Among that there's definitely criticism to be had, but at the end none of that matters because you're not paying for anything, you're donating to show support and/or appreciation for what he's doing, that doesn't mean he's obligated to change what he's doing.

Imagine a lot of people donate money to a street musician every time they come by because they like his music, he isn't suddenly obligated to do certain things to appease people who donate, he just does his thing and if people donate they donate, if they don't they don't, no matter how much money he collects from all those people tossing some change his way.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The game isn't in alpha at all, not sure where you're getting that from. It's pretty polished except for the lack of audio in many places, and of course the small aspect ratio and some behind the scenes spaghetti code, hence why there's a tech-update. Nor has it been in development hell for 7 years, it's gotten consistent updates for all of those years.

It's also not 21% complete, there's a lot of content that's already finished, not many games have as much content as SS.

You're holding this game to traditional standards when there's one guy that draws and manages the game while there's a couple other dudes doing all the rest part-time, you can donate if you want, or not, because the game is completely free to download for everyone. I know this might be a little much for you so please don't drown in your own drool when wrapping your head around this otherworldly concept.

That's not how it works at all. No software developer is going to calculate exactly how many builds it's going to take to get to 1.0, nor will they restrict themselves to 100 builds for the sake of some rule you literally just made up. Build versions are nothing but symbols to communicate that this build is different from the last, devs call something 1.0 whenever they want.

I can tell you that the vast majority of people here aren't patrons of DC. Even then, people can do with their money whatever they want, just because you have different taste doesn't mean people are getting shafted, it just means you don't think it's worth donating to.

The game's in a rough spot right now because they underestimated how much work it would take to essentially revisit every piece of art and code to rework it. Among that there's definitely criticism to be had, but at the end none of that matters because you're not paying for anything, you're donating to show support and/or appreciation for what he's doing, that doesn't mean he's obligated to change what he's doing.

Imagine a lot of people donate money to a street musician every time they come by because they like his music, he isn't suddenly obligated to do certain things to appease people who donate, he just does his thing and if people donate they donate, if they don't they don't, no matter how much money he collects from all those people tossing some change his way.
Quoted dude as yet to post something that's not false/flamebait/pure trollage/out of his ass. It's a wonder he's not chat banned yet

4.00 star(s) 366 Votes