Rahiluk

Oct 3, 2020
How do you get this scene?

SCR_SumSaga_006.jpg

This is before the new barn is built and you do not get her the cow suit until after the barn is built...right?

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
Literally my first.
But keep defending the contentless game from the bottom of your heart, its getting really cute.
What's the point of condemming or supporting the artist or game here? It changes nothing and just flares up people.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
What's the point of condemming or supporting the artist or game here? It changes nothing and just flares up people.
Well he is right though. The dev slowed down extremely, updates are super short and have barely any content. I mean how many "pre"updates does he need till he does actually what people are waiting for?
Oh wait! It expands the time the game can make money for him indefinetly even though the story is pretty much over.
Giving the last characters a conclusion and maybe Roxxy a pregnancy scene would have been done way sooner, but spreading stuff out with nothing will give him more patreon money without having to invent a new product (game)

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Well he is right though. The dev slowed down extremely, updates are super short and have barely any content. I mean how many "pre"updates does he need till he does actually what people are waiting for?
Oh wait! It expands the time the game can make money for him indefinetly even though the story is pretty much over.
Giving the last characters a conclusion and maybe Roxxy a pregnancy scene would have been done way sooner, but spreading stuff out with nothing will give him more patreon money without having to invent a new product (game)
Not even gonna ask if you even tried to read the last ~2 pages, but this is pretty low effort, even for a milker-fest like this place.

"He slowed down" : no shit he did, 1 dude has to recode the whole game while waiting for other dudes to reformat every scene. Part-time. And no, DC's not gonna hire 20 dudes to (not) speed up anything.

"He's only in for the $" : sure he is, he lost over 14k/month since the tech update started and he didn't do anything to alleviate it.

Removing 1's own head from 1's own ass before posting hot garbage should be a basic step, but lolnope in here

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Except he isn't right in any way whatsoever.

Summertime Saga has more content than the vast majority of games on this site. And the pre-tech updates had multiple fully animated scenes in them.

You're free to speculate if DC is taking advantage of the situation to get more money before people lose interest in SS after the fan favorite content is released. I know I have. The problem starts when you conclude that that is the only possibility. People often exaggerate or straight up lie about the "scam", which is very telling.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Gotta love me some milker logic : instead of doing the stuff people voted for (like Annie and Judith, then the rest of the remakes) even if it takes them a few more years, let's just dump the last 2 years of recode (plus the entire game at this point) and start a new game with nothing, while also pissing off the entire Patron roster into leaving, so no income for DC and he'd then have to code the "game" himself (check pre 0.10 builds if you need proof this is beyond fail) ...........

Not only is it 1 of the dumbest thing ever, it'll take even longer to get to where we are with Summertime. You brainlets realize DC would take more than a year just to do the art for this "new game" ? While having the poser/coder do jacksquat, and possibly leaving. So DC will then have to hire new dudes, which will delay it even more .........

Reactions: XoticRealmZ

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
The tech update its nice to upgrade the game quality, but in the other hand it wasnt the right choice,
the game has alot of assets/events and Minigames (involving alot other areas) and to restructure with the size of the team and the pace, its gonna take atleast 1 more year (if its way less then this estimate its a miracle).

So its their fault to be in the place they are right now (in terms of hate going around not only here),
Tech update shouldnt have been a priority, but i think was the patreons choice i think,
the development its slow has hell due to not having more income to hire more people, so they should have thought about what was the process of this tech update and how long it would take and they didnt, they simply went ahead and now they growing a hate bubble around them.

Cause who can tell that after this tech update wont be any more of this type of updates, it really feels like this tech update for me was something to reduce the progress of the game to think about the next game or to think about the next update stories.

BorsDeGanis

Jan 30, 2020
By "contentless" you mean the 30+ scenes we got since the pre-techs started ? Or the ~15-20 routes already in-game ? Keep trying to show you know nothing about the game, it's getting really cute
The cringe way you are responding to every poster with sarcasm and anger just makes you seem like you are emotionally invested in this. Honestly dude, the criticism towards two years of tech upgrades is a real gripe. Just because you feel like you need to defend the dev doesn't mean these people don't have real concerns. Relax my guy. :FacePalm:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Honestly dude, the criticism towards two years of tech upgrades is a real gripe. Just because you feel like you need to defend the dev doesn't mean these people don't have real concerns. Relax my guy. :FacePalm:
Well, just because there are some issues, doesn't mean, that people don't take it way too far. That guy literally called a game, that already has more content than quite a few finished games "contentless". That's not griping, that's being totally ignorant at best or trolling at worst.

It's remarkable, that people still have to make stuff up, when there'd be a lot actual problems to adress. But that likely just shows, that most people who write these kind of comments don't really care about the game in first place.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
This comparison makes sense but two important things are that
if the street musician's getting paid a millionaire salary you would expect him to show up, even if technically he doesn't have to (people don't think "technically" because...human) and you would reasonably be disappointed if he doesn't. Especially if you donated to him in the past and have listened to him, supported him for years. No decent patron with a soul would react all cold and "technical".

He also gets paid when he shows up to perform, not when he doesn't. He stops, the money's done. He can't also half-ass it and tune his guitar then go home and still get paid the same. Here DC can. Here we can stay in a sort of limbo and it's enabled by patrons, there's no pressure that the money will go away.

BUT going overboard mad while being someone who's never donated isn't okay, though criticizing something like their lack of transparency and bad work ethics is reasonable as with any company that makes money.
I don't think your first point holds up. If you donate to someone you don't expect something from them, you just donate and that's where it ends. Let's say the musician has a place where you can go and listen to music he's made completely for free and he brings out a new song every now and then. You're free to donate, but also free to never give a dime. If the musician is struggling with technical issues that money doesn't solve and only brings out smaller songs to appease the crowd, you're free to stop donating, but it isn't the musicians fault people still want to support him.

Your second point is actually a good one. I still don't agree with it since people can choose to stop donating whenever they want and the game is free in the first place. The expectations you have when donating are your own and DC isn't obligated to do certain things unless he uses promises as a way to get patrons. That's why I think he needs to take this more serious or at least be more transparent because there's definitely room to argue that there's some persuasion going on.
Honestly dude, the criticism towards two years of tech upgrades is a real gripe. Just because you feel like you need to defend the dev doesn't mean these people don't have real concerns. Relax my guy. :FacePalm:
The criticism is fine, I've criticized DC for multiple things and have entertained the idea that he's taking advantage of the situation. Blatantly making up things, exaggerating or coming to the absolute conclusion that DC is scamming people and that anyone who disagrees is a fanboy, is not fair criticism. It's dumb as hell.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The tech update its nice to upgrade the game quality, but in the other hand it wasnt the right choice,
the game has alot of assets/events and Minigames (involving alot other areas) and to restructure with the size of the team and the pace, its gonna take atleast 1 more year (if its way less then this estimate its a miracle).

So its their fault to be in the place they are right now (in terms of hate going around not only here),
Tech update shouldnt have been a priority, but i think was the patreons choice i think,
the development its slow has hell due to not having more income to hire more people, so they should have thought about what was the process of this tech update and how long it would take and they didnt, they simply went ahead and now they growing a hate bubble around them.

Cause who can tell that after this tech update wont be any more of this type of updates, it really feels like this tech update for me was something to reduce the progress of the game to think about the next game or to think about the next update stories.
Nope to about everything. The game was(is) a wonky mess that 4+ dudes coded on top of each other, it was due for a "remake" for a long time (was in talks since before 0.18 came out).

"Tech update shouldn't be a priority" : lolnope. The game works through sheer miracles at this point. Not doing it now and waiting 5+ more updates would only make life miserable for us now and add 5+ years when they actually do remake it.

"Development is slow cause $" : another lolnope. He's not gonna hire any1 else cause he wants to not hire any1 else. $ has no relations to what DC does on the game.

The only remotely close to reality point you brought was the estimates DC made were hot garbage, but after 7 years of development, any1 still taking whatever he comes out with as carved in stone 100% accurate guesstimations is to blame when said dude then comes back and cries it takes 2 years for a recode

Hank Moody

Jul 6, 2017
Been like 16 months since a meaningful update.
The art is not even that great anymore. Many newer games have surpassed it.
And the storyline and the "Trump" stuff really dates it. Looks like the devs were more concerned with including "Le hecking funny meme" than actually making a good game. Only people left defending this are lifers that should be paid shills.
In any case, have a nice day.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Been like 16 months since a meaningful update.
The art is not even that great anymore. Many newer games have surpassed it.
And the storyline and the "Trump" stuff really dates it. Looks like the devs were more concerned with including "Le hecking funny meme" than actually making a good game. Only people left defending this are lifers that should be paid shills.
In any case, have a nice day.
The game was always a meme, dunno how or why people still cling to "but but but Trump" .......

Also, please provide a list of "better games" that have hand-drawn, animated scenes. That aren't What a Legend. Anything pre-made 3D asset swaps will be laughed at

4.00 star(s) 366 Votes