XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
View attachment 3070562

It's gonna take a while, I'm afraid.
LMFAO it actually reversed!!! DC found a loophole to escape!
Forever stuck in an update that he said himself would take 3 months. Now it is literally endless.He found the money cheatcode guys!
This game can now be renamed Eternal saga. Hope you love those wallpapers guys, cause that's all you will get now.
jon-tron-jon-tron-laugh.gif

Last edited:

Gzowl_LiP

Apr 15, 2023
The progress bar going backwards is not a big deal. The amount of work doesn't change it's just the way it got represented is going to change. It was or waiting for the % to slowly increase or for it to be set back and see the % increase faster.
It's not like it hasn't happened at least twice before (see #15 in my FAQ above). Also, it really isn't unusual in projects for that to happen - even actually having to go back and redo work already marked as complete. Thirdly, as Chaos_Alfa states - progress, in this case, isn't actually going backwards... it just will look like it, based upon the percentage because they are going to try to better define how much each of the remaining tasks contribute to completing the tech update - rather than all tasks having the same percentage, no matter what amount of work is involved.
Guys, that doesn't add up.

Regardless of how you break up tasks, if you have 84% of the game completed, then 84% is completed. However you choose to break the remaining 16% of tasks has no bearing on already completed ones.

As an example, if you have 16 tasks for the remaining 16%, then each task will advance progress by 1%. If you change it so that the progress bar is more representative of what is actually going on, say, by having 64 detailed tasks instead, then each tasks will advance progress by 0.25%.

Unless I'm missing something. It's possible. Could you explain in that case?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Guys, that doesn't add up.

Regardless of how you break up tasks, if you have 84% of the game completed, then 84% is completed. However you choose to break the remaining 16% of tasks has no bearing on already completed ones.

As an example, if you have 16 tasks for the remaining 16%, then each task will advance progress by 1%. If you change it so that the progress bar is more representative of what is actually going on, say, by having 64 detailed tasks instead, then each tasks will advance progress by 0.25%.

Unless I'm missing something. It's possible. Could you explain in that case?
The tasks have always been random in size. So all the tracker ever meant was, that 84 % of these random tasks had been completed.

As an example, one task could be to repose Jenny's story, while another may have benn to repose Consuela's story. On the taskbar, both are the same % ( 1 task), yet one is much larger and much more work.

So technically you could have had 99 tiny tasks done and 1 super big one left, that is larger than these 99 tiny ones combined, and the tracker would have been at 99 % done, even though in reality only 50 % of the actual work or so may have been done.

So in short, the old tracker really never meant that much. We'll see how well the new one is going to work.

It may really just mean that these last 16 % of tasks, which were left before, actually resemble 20+ % of work thats actually left to be done.

While we are talking about it, does anybody have access to the new patron tracker to compare?

Last edited:

Gzowl_LiP

Apr 15, 2023
j4yj4m I see, thanks for clearing that up.

So the progress bar has always been mostly meaningless. I guess for smaller updates it wasn't too bad but they should have changed it the moment they realised the bar wouldn't properly show progress on the tech update. They know people rely on it.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
You're giving the lad too much credit, he likely just typed GTA 6 on the search bar and clicked one of the first options lol.
:ROFLMAO: I've seen so many posts about people completely ignoring the search bar that someone actually using it didn't even occur to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaiki-tan

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Hey wait, how did the Art bar decrease too? I thought the art for the tech update was all done?
The posing process reveals issues in the art, usually things like missing shadows, broken or missing images, etc. Those have to be fixed, which necessitates new art tasks. They also keep increasing the scope of the new art to be included. Initially it was only normal backgrounds, but DC has been adding in materials that were meant for later reworks, like animations for the teachers. It gives him something to do while the coding team is spinning their wheels.

Now, you might ask "Why isn't he using his copious amounts of spare time to get all the art done for Rhonda, Annie, and Judith?" It's an excellent question, and the answer probably rhymes with "duck too".

SemenDaemon

Nov 4, 2023
Is there a way to enable the scroll back or "go back in frames" thing? They removed it I think after the roxxy update. Idk, I liked being able to go back

Username7

May 1, 2017
Is there a way to enable the scroll back or "go back in frames" thing? They removed it I think after the roxxy update. Idk, I liked being able to go back
They removed it because the code is so shit if you rolled back it had a very good chance of making your game violently disembowel itself, so the lead coder at the time went in and manually disabled a basic feature of Renpy because he found that was easier than actually trying to fix the code so it didn't do that.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
So it's been a year ... any idea when to expect the next update or maybe an actual update to game content?

eatingrice

Oct 29, 2021
LMAO the progress bar decreased to 74% cut the bullshit with more work added, it's clearly an excuse to make it even longer. I wonder if there's anyone who knows what kind of lifestyle DC has irl, I bet he got at least a big mansion and some supercar in the garage that need to be paid for.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
LMAO the progress bar decreased to 74% cut the bullshit with more work added, it's clearly an excuse to make it even longer. I wonder if there's anyone who knows what kind of lifestyle DC has irl, I bet he got at least a big mansion and some supercar in the garage that need to be paid for.
All I know is that the paying community must be really into those wallpapers

Cube78

May 10, 2020
That's exactly what I meant when I said that splitting the remaining tasks was a BAD idea (unless also the same was done also for completed tasks - obvioulsy a waste of time).

I try to develop the example that another user posted above.
  • Let's say we have 100 tasks. 84 are completed, so the progress is 84%
  • 16 task are remaining, not homogeneous in terms of effort.
  • 8 out of 16 tasks are huge, and have to be split each one in 4 subtasks -> 32 tasks resulting, representing the same work to be done
  • 5 out of 16 tasks are big but not huge, and are split in 2 subtasks -> 10 more tasks resulting, representing the same work to be done
  • 3 out of 16 are small tasks and don't need to be split
  • Totally we have 32 + 10 + 3 = 45 tasks to be done
  • Previously we had 84/100 done -> 84%. Now we have 84/(84+45) -> 84/129 -> 65.11%
The same amount of work remaining, but the percentage drops.

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes