SonofOrion

Sep 30, 2019
But then these people couldn't tell us how much their lives improved, how much DC earns and how long its been since the last update. :^)
Funny and true at the same time. Long story short on at least 66% of the comments section, "Haters going to Hate". Come to think about it, Have the complainers made a free VN like Dark Cookie? I can't imagine how to would feel making such a rather large VN project like DC is doing; possibly coming here and seeing all the hate. Literally creating every background, and things by hand? Yeah, he uses programs, but still. It kind of makes them look even more like a cry baby. If he sees this, “You gotta keep on keepin' on. Life's a garden: dig it. You gotta make it work for you.”

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Funny and true at the same time. Long story short on at least 66% of the comments section, "Haters going to Hate". Come to think about it, Have the complainers made a free VN like Dark Cookie? I can't imagine how to would feel making such a rather large VN project like DC is doing; possibly coming here and seeing all the hate. Literally creating every background, and things by hand? Yeah, he uses programs, but still. It kind of makes them look even more like a cry baby. If he sees this, “You gotta keep on keepin' on. Life's a garden: dig it. You gotta make it work for you.”
Lol, 'making their own VN'. That's a good one. Nah, it's so much easier to just mooch and complain.

• Angry
Reactions: XCelesX

Cube78

May 10, 2020
Progress for Tech Update - Total Tasks: 638 Completed: 73.82% InProgress: 2.98% Remaining: 23.20%

here is the jump back of the bar that had been announced
It seems the update is still in progress:

Progress for Tech Update
- Total Tasks: 639
- Completed: 74.80%
- InProgress: 8.29%
- Remaining: 16.91%

I think they are splitting all remaining tasks in smaller tasks, as announced. But after the split it might happen that, if they were in the middle of the development, some of the children tasks are immediately completed.
I understand that nothing changes (at least we will start seing progress advance on daily basis) but it is indeed a bad choice in terms of "customer management" as most people will get mad because of the jump back.

affen123

Oct 6, 2017
But maybe it will go faster if several people work on a scene instead of just one on a big one.
But I agree that it is a bad decision to split it now.
It seems the update is still in progress:

Progress for Tech Update
- Total Tasks: 639
- Completed: 74.80%
- InProgress: 8.29%
- Remaining: 16.91%

I think they are splitting all remaining tasks in smaller tasks, as announced. But after the split it might happen that, if they were in the middle of the development, some of the children tasks are immediately completed.
I understand that nothing changes (at least we will start seing progress advance on daily basis) but it is indeed a bad choice in terms of "customer management" as most people will get mad because of the jump back.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
03-Dec-2020: DC calls a vote between the Tech Update and the Rhonda Update, saying both will take and I quote: "roughly the same amount of time (3 to 4 months) to complete"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
14-Feb-2021 (~3 months later): DC claims that work on the Tech Update has started with himself. The team is about to join in, in days.

09-Nov-2023 (2 years, 8 months, 26 days and $2+ MILLION later):
  • DC hides his monthly income (23-Oct-2023)
  • The Tech Update has no release date or even a date when it will have a release date
  • The Tech Update has not been seen by supporters in any kind of demo that would show the works that required going 10 extra times past the promised and voted on deadline.
  • The true status of the Tech Update is unknown to literally everyone, supporters and insiders, as nobody can tell where the project is, what is still left to do and when it will be done.
    • The word salads sold as "status updates" at the end of recent months are completely useless to determine actual status/progress against a 100% DONE objective
    • The progress image used by supporters for years to determine status proves to be useless as it sat frozen in time for eons followed by a regress in %, both clear as day signs that project management is far beyond incompetent or just non-existent

Why?
  • No. of paying supporters in Feb-2021 vs. Oct-2023: 24422 vs 25488
  • As long as they keep paying for the dance of shadows keeping this vaporware unalive, we will continue getting what they pay for.

Last edited:

plusultra1999

Feb 4, 2020
03-Dec-2020: DC calls a vote between the Tech Update and the Rhonda Update, saying both will take and I quote: "roughly the same amount of time (3 to 4 months) to complete"
14-Feb-2021 (~3 months later): DC claims that work on the Tech Update has started with himself. The team is about to join in, in days.

09-Nov-2023 (2 years, 8 months, 26 days and $2+ MILLION later):
  • DC hides his monthly income (23-Oct-2023)
  • The Tech Update has no release date or even a date when it will have a release date
  • The Tech Update has not been seen by supporters in any kind of demo that would show the works that required going 10 extra times past the promised and voted on deadline.
  • The true status of the Tech Update is unknown to literally everyone, supporters and insiders, as nobody can tell where the project is, what is still left to do and when it will be done.
    • The word salads sold as "status updates" at the end of recent months are completely useless to determine actual status/progress against a 100% DONE objective
    • The progress image used by supporters for years to determine status proves to be useless as it sat frozen in time for eons followed by a regress in %, both clear as day signs that project management is far beyond incompetent or just non-existent

Why?
  • No. of paying supporters in Feb-2021 vs. Oct-2023: 24422 vs 25488
  • As long as they keep paying for the dance of shadows keeping this vaporware unalive, we will continue getting what they pay for.
my man just turn into detective pikachu

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes