YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
The joke is on him, though. He turned his passion into an endless slog, and the bad will he generates will make a follow-up almost impossible.
How is the joke on him? The man is making stacks of cash, to the point that he won't need to make a followup of anything. He can transition to works somewhere else, invest a bunch, and go enjoy life with all that cheddar. I think he's good.

Janjaap1

Sep 2, 2018
Typical consumer mentality, really. Want it done yesterday rather than tomorrow, lest something could upset them. As we can repeatedly see in these threads. Nothing screams this

View attachment 3080211

more than the last couple of hundred of pages. It shows who are actually the butthurt ones over those who supposedly can actually go and wank it to other games.
Well you being here every hour and every day,sure means you're the butthurt one.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Kinda insane how slow the dev team is apparently working... It feels like everytime I look at the progress bar it's stuck somewhere between 70% and 80%. And it's been like that for a year or so now... I miss this game so much but I only wanted to jump back in when the tech update is here but it sure is taking its sweet time.

Aug 4, 2023
How is it possible that after so long without a decent update this guy still has 27k+ patreon subs? Are people just too lazy to stop their $1 pledge?
I believe is a loop... A lot of people stops paying the patreon but at the same time a lot of new players discovers the game and see that you can "support" with only one buck without knowing the actual status of the development, they pay and then they see the reality and there is no other remedy that to wait to your pay month to finish....

DC found himself in a cycle of "eternal" income product of the ignorance of new players (that's why I believe he hardly make a status update).

kofu

Nov 22, 2017
Hey, how do you get the Achievement "Long lost father"? The father's already in jail; do I need him to be free in order to get it?
6 years later but still gonna answer.
You have to do it right after Larry get arrested and ask you to say a few words to Erik, go on Erik's house on the mailbox and read the letter.

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
DC found himself in a cycle of "eternal" income product of the ignorance of new players (that's why I believe he hardly make a status update).
I think another major factor that often gets overlooked is simply the timing of when SS was released. It was one of the earlier Ren'py games out there and had the benefit of having not as many options.

If it was released more recently, say at the same time as a comparable game in style and development/release cycle tims, What a Legend, then it would probably be much closer in Patron numbers.

emixam2005

Jan 2, 2020
The loading bar has dropped to 75% but I also see that the loading bar of the "art" part also dropped while being at 100% before.
I gues that means DC want to ask even more content for the "who knows when" coming uptate.
Which might of course increase the workload and so delay again the release date.

1699984827126.png

As if it was not a nightmare already ^^'

Green83rry

Nov 24, 2017
I believe is a loop... A lot of people stops paying the patreon but at the same time a lot of new players discovers the game and see that you can "support" with only one buck without knowing the actual status of the development, they pay and then they see the reality and there is no other remedy that to wait to your pay month to finish....

The loading bar has dropped to 75% but I also see that the loading bar of the "art" part also dropped while being at 100% before.
I gues that means DC want to ask even more content for the "who knows when" coming uptate.
Which might of course increase the workload and so delay again the release date.

View attachment 3086410

As if it was not a nightmare already ^^'
Ah yes. The cycle continues...
Circle_of_Life.jpg

Reactions: Brololol

TwoHeavens

Aug 26, 2020
How is it possible that after so long without a decent update this guy still has 27k+ patreon subs? Are people just too lazy to stop their $1 pledge?
Id bet a good amount of his supporters are people who forgot about it. Ive seen much smaller devs who have basically been completely silent for years still making hundreds of dollars a month from people who just forget about it. If patreon made patrons confirm their subscription every couple of months these scamming devs would actually have incentive to update their games. But I doubt that will ever happen. The whole business model of patreon is pretty anti consumer to begin with.

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
Id bet a good amount of his supporters are people who forgot about it. Ive seen much smaller devs who have basically been completely silent for years still making hundreds of dollars a month from people who just forget about it. If patreon made patrons confirm their subscription every couple of months these scamming devs would actually have incentive to update their games. But I doubt that will ever happen. The whole business model of patreon is pretty anti consumer to begin with.
Considering Patreon gets x% off every $, it's in their financial interest to let zombie subs continue indefinitely.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017

So I'm not going to agree with you because I simply don't know if it is deliberate or just negligent. But this has been bothering me since the tech-update became an indefinite shit show; his website and Patreon remain as if everything is according to plan, when the game has been stagnant for years without an end in sight.

His website says you can donate and contribute to development, his Patreon says "the more pledges, the more time he can spend on this game", and additionally that by paying a small fee you get the latest version of the game, implying only the outdated version is free to play.

I think it's unethical to mislead people into subscribing to you, whether its on purpose or not. He should really update his info or at the very least not advertise his Patreon as "donations help progress the game" when that hasn't been applicable for years.

Ebet Ebety

Jun 3, 2017
I have to confess I'm kinda loving this gig. I mean it's been years since I've given a cent to the project, but every time I check back in to the the update site or this thread, every couple of months ot so, I always get heaps of entertainment.
The memes here are F ing hilarious and each time I take a look at the progress bar I piss myself laughing. Darth Cookie is an endless source of unintended fun :ROFLMAO:

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes