PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
...and people still bitching about this game... equally amazing.
Not much else to talk about in the thread when the dev doesn't really produce anything anymore.

Because he still streams the development on nearly everyday save when he or his family is sick, he takes a break every now and again, but people can still SEE his work being done. If he wasn't streaming at all or took months long breaks between streams, I'd call it a racket.
At worst, he's just terrible with project management.
Used to be nearly everyday, for several hours. Now he's maybe streaming 50% of the days? 8 days this month so far. His wife doesn't have a job, so the number of 'sick days' he takes is over the top. And he used to be terrible with project management, like 5 years ago. Used to defend him then. Now he's just become lazy because there's no consequences to him not working more than an hour a day. I mean, I guess I'd love to be in that situation, but it's really just shitting on his fans at this point.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
old vs. new
View attachment 3363375 View attachment 3363377

Next to that you may have a look here to compare a few more characters.
Feels like a blast from the past. On the one hand, spend more than a few seconds looking at OldEve and you can see exactly why she had to be redesigned: terrible proportions, lousy shading, dead gaze, and so on. On the other hand, she actually looks like someone that could be your classmate, as opposed to the airbrushed Hot Topic model that is NewEve. That's without getting into the radical personality flip that changed her from a confident member of a gang of street rappers into a wilting wallflower.

It follows the trend in DC's redesigns, unfortunately. The new characters are artistically superior, but lack a certain charm. Maybe that's why I prefer Grace over Eve, since her redesign stuck closer to the original model:

1708207875301.png

1708207861363.png

Last edited:

jefi2000

Apr 23, 2020
Feels like a blast from the past. On the one hand, spend more than a few seconds looking at OldEve and you can see exactly why she had to be redesigned: terrible proportions, lousy shading, dead gaze, and so on. On the other hand, she actually looks like someone that could be your classmate, as opposed to the airbrushed Hot Topic model that is NewEve. That's without getting into the radical personality flip that changed her from a confident member of a gang of street rappers into a wilting wallflower.

It follows the trend in DC's redesigns, unfortunately. The new characters are artistically superior, but lack a certain charm. Maybe that's why I prefer Grace over Eve, since her redesign stuck closer to the original model:

View attachment 3363446

View attachment 3363445
If by charm you mean a year of meth. Seriously, that's the difference between the redesigns of Grace and Eve and what they used to look like. Take the new designs, apply meth, bang you get the old designs.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

View attachment 3363446

View attachment 3363445
Old characters had something. They had character. Remade ones are polished Disney random bland cute nothingness.

LEIFdl

Oct 20, 2021
Idk the history of this game or anything, but when it was active how did he decide which character to do next? It seems crazy that there isn't Annie content.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
That's without getting into the radical personality flip that changed her from a confident member of a gang of street rappers into a wilting wallflower.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that DC didn't really have a real concept for her story back when he added her and the whole rap mini game. I'd ageee that it would have been nice if they had made the effort to recreate Eve's connection to that group eventually.

It follows the trend in DC's redesigns, unfortunately. The new characters are artistically superior, but lack a certain charm. Maybe that's why I prefer Grace over Eve, since her redesign stuck closer to the original model.
Eve is certainly the most extreme case, but when it's about the others, I don't really get that vibe, tbh. In general I'd say there's a a differnce between these very early designs, like most main girls and those, which were introduced a bit later, like Grace. As such there was a lot less to change, as the later characters were actually designed a lot better in the first place.

Especially when it comes to Ronda or Annie the reworks were desperately needed and I don't understand how anybody could prefer the old design for any reason.

Edit: I mean, that ( see below) is just nothing, you could seriously release in 2024:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Idk the history of this game or anything, but when it was active how did he decide which character to do next? It seems crazy that there isn't Annie content.
His patrons do get a vote and as such Annie just wasn't popular enough. Once the tech update is done, the following updates will be for Ronda, Annie and Judith, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: LEIFdl
4.00 star(s) 365 Votes