Fayrus

Jul 22, 2017
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 671, in execute_call_screen
File "pt_br.rpy", line 21, in execute
File "pt_br.rpy", line 25, in execute
File "pt_br.rpy", line 25, in execute_use_screen
Exception: Screen ('popup_generic',) is not known.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpyc", line 241, in script call
File "tl/pt_br/pt_br.rpyc", line 13, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1966, in execute
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1948, in call
File "renpy/statements.py", line 349, in call
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3413, in call_screen
File "renpy/ui.py", line 301, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2165, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2687, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/displayable.py", line 431, in visit_all
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 480, in visit_all
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2687, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 491, in per_interact
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 697, in update
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 1468, in use_screen

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Summertime Saga 21.0.0-wip.4468
Sun Jun 2 10:59:07 2024
```
Heresy!!!!!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpyc", line 241, in script call
File "tl/pt_br/pt_br.rpyc", line 13, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1966, in execute
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1948, in call
File "renpy/statements.py", line 349, in call
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3413, in call_screen
File "renpy/ui.py", line 301, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2165, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2687, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 480, in visit_all
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2687, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 491, in per_interact
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 697, in update
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 1468, in use_screen

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Summertime Saga 21.0.0-wip.4468
Sun Jun 2 10:59:07 2024
```
Are you attempting to run one of the translation packs on v0.21? Translation packs probably do not work because the game has been recoded. The packs were created for the older version of the game. If you want to use a translation pack, download and play v0.20.16. Or wait until the volunteer translation community starts working on their own revisions to their packs under the new coding.

BorsDeGanis

Jan 30, 2020
Right.

History proves that if a Dev finds themselves running up against the technical limits of their chosen tech-stack then they should start a new project as trying to re-code an entire existing project always ends badly.

I understand that different people make games for different reasons but, at some level, part of the fun is always going to be making creative decisions. Reworking a big project from scratch means committing yourself to months of work with few additional new creative decisions. It's just weeks and weeks and hundreds of thousands of words of grind because once you start messing with the creative decisions you made years ago, the game starts drifting and then you realise that you've only updated 10% of the original content and now you have to write a whole new game from scratch because you changed the characters or inserted new scenes and now the later plot and character beats no longer fit.

If a Dev ever finds themselves in the position of going 'damn... I would love to do X but this stack won't support it' then use that idea in your next project.
My honest opinion is DarkCookie hadn't the slightest idea what a tech update would actually look like in the grand scheme of things, but once you are years in, it's almost just a sunk-cost fallacy at a certain point.

Respax

Jun 23, 2022
This update doesn't make any sense at all... there are only added scenes and transitions (useless that could have been done without), mostly it's a downgrade since everything has been removed. But what's the point? Serious but what's the point? I remember that she was doing the story two years ago about one of her school friends, but apparently it was over. To then downgrade and focus on transitions that are not needed. I seriously don't find the point in all this, it didn't take a damn to add 2 or 3 sex scenes, and now that he also uses AI, that not even this big difference compared to his style would have had a huge advantage to complete it quickly. Bo, this patch makes no sense it's just stupid.

Dukill

Jun 28, 2018
Are you attempting to run one of the translation packs on v0.21? Translation packs probably do not work because the game has been recoded. The packs were created for the older version of the game. If you want to use a translation pack, download and play v0.20.16. Or wait until the volunteer translation community starts working on their own revisions to their packs under the new coding.
ok, thx

ScumbagJosh

May 24, 2017
Just in case anyone was wondering here is a screen shoot of all Jenny cookie jar scene from the ''tech update'' and from the last full release prior since this was basically a Jenny update if you can even count it as such.

Tech update
Screenshot 2024-06-03 001027.png

Last Full Update
Screenshot 2024-06-03 001425.png

Why the fuck this claims to have Debbie content WITHOUT THE COOKIE JAR FOR HER! is beyond me.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Has there been an official statement from this developer regarding the "update"?
You mean this?

Or this (from a little more than a month ago):
From Chat: And they'll still complain about the parts not done.

Yeah, of course. But that's OK. Like, at least people will have their hands on the stuff and be able to, like, see what we're doing. You know, I think that's I think that's kind of like the most important and for us as well, like I don't like people who are already shitting on me every day, right, like. Like. What I'm saying is, like, I'm already getting shit on all the time, so like, more of that doesn't really affect me. Like if people are, you know what I mean? Like, people are pissed either way. Like. You know. People are going to be mad no matter what about how much is released or how much content is done or when it's released, or how much is released at a time. People are even pissed off if I'm not working on the content that they like, you know, like I could work on something. If people like "I want DC to work on this. I don't care about this stuff." You know, like people are mad and upset about anything and everything. So I don't care if they're mad that I'm gonna release the tech update into parts like. I don't give a shit like get more mad. They're already mad anyway, you know. So I don't really give a shit.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
Am I actually seeing this correctly? Update 21.0.0 is basically a reboot and all saves from 0.20.16 are useless?

Also, this "new game" only has a few scenes at the beginning?

Reactions: ScumbagJosh

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
Does the game force force close for anyone else during the eating Jenny out scene after spying on your neighbor?

indria

Mar 5, 2017
You mean this?

Or this (from a little more than a month ago):
From Chat: And they'll still complain about the parts not done.

Yeah, of course. But that's OK. Like, at least people will have their hands on the stuff and be able to, like, see what we're doing. You know, I think that's I think that's kind of like the most important and for us as well, like I don't like people who are already shitting on me every day, right, like. Like. What I'm saying is, like, I'm already getting shit on all the time, so like, more of that doesn't really affect me. Like if people are, you know what I mean? Like, people are pissed either way. Like. You know. People are going to be mad no matter what about how much is released or how much content is done or when it's released, or how much is released at a time. People are even pissed off if I'm not working on the content that they like, you know, like I could work on something. If people like "I want DC to work on this. I don't care about this stuff." You know, like people are mad and upset about anything and everything. So I don't care if they're mad that I'm gonna release the tech update into parts like. I don't give a shit like get more mad. They're already mad anyway, you know. So I don't really give a shit.

Oh wow i didn't know it was this bad for him, this changes everything, since he changed the "monthly payment" to "per episode" payment, he was in financial ruins for two years and he still delivered the tech update, oh wait....

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes