rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
I finally found some time to play today, but I guess I'll stop now that the 1st minigame in Jenny's story is missing. I really don't want to replay that specific part of the game again.

Looking at what's there right now, it's basically the demo some people wanted to see. Given that close to nobody on the last 100 pages seems to be talking about the actual game/update, the public perception over here seems to be as expected. Then again, it certainly helped DC's numbers, given that he'll likely come close to beat his all time patron record at the end of the month.

As to what's good and bad about the update?
The new code seems to work (it's really quick and smooth) and the first day including these new character introductions really is an improvement. It makes you want to play their stories and I'm looking forward to see the other ones:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
People who'll discover the game in the future will certainly have a blast playing it.

As for the bad?
The fact that they still use old Debbie art, even when the same sprite exists in new art (like Debbie holding her coffee mug) is kind of annoying. Sure, it makes clear which parts will be reworked/changed, but for the sake of the update, they really should have removed that.

And it's of course the fact, that none of these pre releases are really worth playing for those who already know the game. Sure, it's great to see the new backgrounds and stuff, but I'd rather wait to get the full update for now. Without the other characters and without the sound, there's really something missing.
This is the first time I've felt like DC delivered a bad product. I really thought DC would include most of Debbie's new artwork, which I think would have gone a long way to building back some good will. I called it a dumpster fire and I still hold to that. I'm trying a second play through with the patch being updated. I plan to play all of Jenny's stuff this time as well. Who actually has scenes in this update other than Jenny and Debbie? I see a handful of girls in the cookie jar, but I only have a couple of Jenny scenes. First time I played I only had Debbie in her bed at night, twice in the MC bed at night and once in the basement.

The wide screen is nice and so is the new interface, but is it necessary? I just don't think I've crossed that line to say yes. Overall the game loads and plays faster, but I keep having issues with the screen having portions go black for a split second. I'm not sure what's causing that, considering my computer is pretty top of the line. Does it have to do with the coding?

The artwork, in general, looks nicer. Mia's artwork is a highlight. I think Judith looks better as well. Tammy has one shot where she looks awful and another where she looks great. Jenny has a few really bad ones.

tai-one

Jun 21, 2022
I really enjoy these cartoony games with simple gameplay mechanics (like getting objects etc). This one is exceptionally good. it's well-written and all the comedic references to real world people/things makes it superb!

Reactions: Sapient Monkey

BoyHowdy981

Jun 13, 2024
imagine waiting 3 years and paying this guy monthly for 30 secs of new content and 95% of the game getting stripped away. dude pretended to work on this game maybe 4 hours a week. then when it was hit with the abandoned tag it was crunch time and he worked on a demo and got it out in 2 weeks. LOL

4.00 star(s) 366 Votes