Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
With imperfections come character. With imperfections come style. With imperfections comes different framing, as the effort to cover said imperfections lead to unique art.

When something is too "clean" and "too" perfect, it stops looking organic.

That is one of the reasons why AI art tends to look so lifeless. Not that this is AI, but it is too cleaned up to be as good as what they used to have.
While I get your point, that same reasoning is also why we've gotten uglier chicks in videogames so I'll have to disagree on principle of that lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Snugglepuff

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
With imperfections come character. With imperfections come style. With imperfections comes different framing, as the effort to cover said imperfections lead to unique art.
I think people tend to romanticise some of these old characters way too much. Just look at for example Ronda's old arms and legs.

Old R.png

In general the shading was really subpar, most characters that really strange legs, many were too orange, etc.

After all, DC would have to spend months drawing characters he may not really like going forward. So it kinda made sense to rework everything to his standard. It just helps to remember that DC created these first versions of many main girls more or less off the cuff and that simply shows.

nevt2050ptr

Oct 28, 2018
I think people tend to romanticise some of these old characters way too much. Just look at for example Ronda's old arms and legs.

View attachment 3882242

In general the shading was really subpar, most characters that really strange legs, many were too orange, etc.

After all, DC would have to spend months drawing characters he may not really like going forward. So it kinda made sense to rework everything to his standard. It just helps to remember that DC created these first versions of many main girls more or less off the cuff and that simply shows.
From this to that

rhonda_1080p_05.png

With that much use of orange they looked kinda plastic, and like 10 years older than they actually were. This is pure romanticization of old art

gjh.jpg
nkjbn.jpg

Jukeboxer

Jul 17, 2020
With that much use of orange they looked kinda plastic, and like 10 years older than they actually were. This is pure romanticization of old art

View attachment 3882972
View attachment 3882974
Which of these is the old art? I vastly prefer the images on the right. The images on the left are too glossy, like they're covered in a layer of grease or something. The right is far softer and more natural looking.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Which of these is the old art? I vastly prefer the images on the right. The images on the left are too glossy, like they're covered in a layer of grease or something. The right is far softer and more natural looking.
The right ones are the new ones. It's basically the case across the board.

Some more examples:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Davai099

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
He said something about the content?
I didn't hear anything personally, but if he sticks to his original roadmap (as far as I understood it) from 2 months ago, it should be at least the teacher's stories and a few minigames.

Edit: It's not like it reeaaaally matters anyway. Objectively there's no real reason to play the game until the full content is back again - unless of course you really have to.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is there a Way to play the "old" Version on Android? Cause i get the Message it's outdated.....
What is sending you the message that it is outdated?

The "old" version (v0.20.16) APK was re-released in the last week of March 2024 using an updated Ren'Py and is compatible with Android 14.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
From this to that

View attachment 3882839

View attachment 3882972
View attachment 3882974
The right ones are the new ones. It's basically the case across the board.

Some more examples:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am seeing a pattern of the boobs shrinking in the new version.

Reactions: blanksss
Feb 7, 2018
While I get your point, that same reasoning is also why we've gotten uglier chicks in videogames so I'll have to disagree on principle of that lol.
"Stylistic ugliness" or, hmm, "stylistic imperfections" is a far different burger then having characters be inclusive to make a political point.

One has an aesthetic purpose. The other a social one.

What I am trying to say is that even Ren and Stimpy, despite often having outright nasty and disgusting characters, never had characters that were artistically bad.

Or, to put it another way, Genshin Impact all have stylistic clothing because, if they didn't, they would all look almost exactly the same. Everyone being flawlessly pretty makes the fancy clothing in that game a neccessity.

4.00 star(s) 360 Votes