fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
For all the content you want the " Before the Tech Update (v0.20.16) " version in the spoiler in the first post.
The newer ones are a slow rebuild of the entire game to make it wide screen
That's it? All the work for just widescreen?
Isn't that huge waist of time? Cause who is looking at side borders when 100% of adult visual novel action goes on in the middle.
Dont tell me blank black side panel can prevent players from jerking off even with action going on middle of screen.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
I stopped following this game years ago, sae it on latest update so wanted to check what's what.
I got few questions, can someone please answer them.

a.So what the fuck does tech update mean?
b.Did they change how they draw CG?
c. How much new content is there after 2022(that's the last time i played, i think)

Many thanks
Don't reignite the flames... the tech update means nothing. He was about to get abandoned tag and hasn't had a meaningful content update in like 2 years despite earning somewhere between 6k-10k a month last I checked which was ages ago... so instead of finally getting to work they decide to pull the age old trick of remaster/remake/recode/engine port/whatever and just slowly dribble content they already have finished back to us again.

Nothing has functionally changed except the game literally has less content than before and we have to slowly wait until all the old content is added back into the game... for "backend reasons."

No, I'm not joking.

As far as I know, I don't think they changed how they draw CG, but the game is basically Star Citizen's nephew at this point so it's probably just been long enough that either the artists evolved their style or they got a new one because the old one sure as heck wasn't doing any work.

c. How much new content is there after 2022(that's the last time i played, i think)
None, technically. This patch right now supposedly adds what sounds like some slightly modified versions of preexisting scenes, but I haven't seen them yet. Event then, it totals like 3 or something silly.

You can cycle back through the like billion pages of debate over all this if you'd like. There's still a massive gulf between people shaking their head at the situation and folk who consider this devs' behavior completely fine and don't think anyone is allowed to criticize them for enabling it and showing other, less successful devs it's a valid option.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
I was a patreon backer when this had like 400 people supporting it. Updates started being being further and further apart so i pulled out. My only regret is that i contributed to making Dark Cookie a buttload of money for a game that is mediocre at best
You didn't do anything wrong. You rewarded the foundation and the promise of more, but pulled out when you realized it wasn't going anywhere. You already beat 99% of patreon users.

Our issue isn't with patreon or support devs, it's enabling bad behavior instead of punishing it so people keep doing it. And guess what, it's a huge problem right now. The top 10 ero games on both funding platforms make oodles of money, some of them more than masterpieces like Hollow Knight, and have been in dev for longer to boot, and yet are nowhere near complete.

Many of those--games regularly earning 4k+ USD a month in some instances--haven't even had a content update in years.

I_like_Boobs

Jun 12, 2019
I was a patreon backer when this had like 400 people supporting it. Updates started being being further and further apart so i pulled out. My only regret is that i contributed to making Dark Cookie a buttload of money for a game that is mediocre at best
same i'm mostly here for the salt

Apr 20, 2018
Don't reignite the flames... the tech update means nothing. He was about to get abandoned tag and hasn't had a meaningful content update in like 2 years despite earning somewhere between 6k-10k a month last I checked which was ages ago...

When did you check... He makes 50-70k per month mate...
He only started hiding his income a year or 2 ago and it was at 70k per month...

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
When did you check... He makes 50-70k per month mate...
He only started hiding his income a year or 2 ago and it was at 70k per month...
Might have been another game I was looking at and misremembering then. I used to watch the graphteon for a lot of popular ero games before I just gave up.

... So like, is he really planning to spend the next 10 years reintroducing content that we already had? For the sake of fucking widescreen?
Obviously, it's to keep up the illusion that the game is still in active development so people keep throwing money at it. Nothing to do with widescreen. I don't think that was really the stated reason anyway (merely the assumed one, and jokingly) since having a look myself all it would really require redrawing the art and I suspect it was drawn in HD anyway and just cropped for the game, having worked with artists on projects before. They usually give you much larger sizes so you can easily work with it in production like with narrative framing etc even if it's just say a book cover.

It's a dumb reason either way.

Last edited:

botka4aet

Jan 13, 2022
imagine slipping into a coma two years ago, waking up and finding out this game has even less content than when you went under
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. The first time somebody told me that, I dunno, I thought they were bullshitting me, so, I shot him. The thing is... He was right. And then I started seeing, everywhere I looked, everywhere I looked all these fucking pricks, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same fucking thing... over and over and over and over again thinking 'this time is gonna be different' no, no, no please... This time is gonna be different, I'm sorry, I don't like... The way...

Reactions: puente grande

starkj

May 17, 2022
Call me crazy or whatever but i dont mind waiting and im happy that we will be able to play this game in higher resolutions and some of the characters also got improved designs, theres plenty of AVNs out there for me to play before this catches up to the old content.

Reactions: Sasanid

grimsaint

Aug 7, 2016
You didn't do anything wrong. You rewarded the foundation and the promise of more, but pulled out when you realized it wasn't going anywhere. You already beat 99% of patreon users.

Our issue isn't with patreon or support devs, it's enabling bad behavior instead of punishing it so people keep doing it. And guess what, it's a huge problem right now. The top 10 ero games on both funding platforms make oodles of money, some of them more than masterpieces like Hollow Knight, and have been in dev for longer to boot, and yet are nowhere near complete.

Many of those--games regularly earning 4k+ USD a month in some instances--haven't even had a content update in years.
You would think that with money like that going around it would attract a actual studio
keep hoping

davkassilentall

Sep 12, 2020
That's it? All the work for just widescreen?
Isn't that huge waist of time? Cause who is looking at side borders when 100% of adult visual novel action goes on in the middle.
Dont tell me blank black side panel can prevent players from jerking off even with action going on middle of screen.
I could be missing a few things but yea I think that was the driving factor for the tech update lol

4.00 star(s) 361 Votes