Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's about nuances in that case. Everybody has a right complain and to voice opinions about the game itself or about the development process. After all, that's what forums are for. Given that DC reworked a lot and given that the releases take time, opinions will be controversial.

Where it gets a little more complicated is, when people start to determin the value of the game (which is still free for everybody) and couple their complaint with accusations and insults. At the same time they often don't even really have a clue what's going on and even make stuff up, which, let's face it, happens quite regularly.
Again, their is no limitation on what you can and cannot complain about. Some, perhaps many feel in this case that the developer is getting money that is not really earned. It is not a point of jealousy, simply a point of opinion. I sometimes hit the local fast food drive thru and try to get a quick bite to eat and am often amazed at how slow the service is because of the low quality of effort given out by the workers. My complaint is with this developer is that the amount of money given to him vs the amount of work provider seems unbalanced.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Again, their is no limitation on what you can and cannot complain about. Some, perhaps many feel in this case that the developer is getting money that is not really earned. It is not a point of jealousy, simply a point of opinion. I sometimes hit the local fast food drive thru and try to get a quick bite to eat and am often amazed at how slow the service is because of the low quality of effort given out by the workers. My complaint is with this developer is that the amount of money given to him vs the amount of work provider seems unbalanced.
Sure, but one has nothing to do with the other.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
My complaint is with this developer is that the amount of money given to him vs the amount of work provider seems unbalanced.
But then you are omitting many details which might be there. This developer has set the financing goal to 30k and no further promise was made. So you are essentially complaining that he doesn't change his whole concept just because he got more money than he expected to get and asked for. I mean, if you want to complain about it, you can do that. But keep in mind that he's never promised to grow his business beyond a certan point with the money he earns and still people continue to give money.

In the end you aren't complaining that your favourite band aren't suddenly releasing 60 songs per year instead of 20 just because their last album made millions instead of the peanuts they got before. You probably aren't complaining that your favourite actor doesn't produce ten movies per year instead of 2 or 3 just becuase he suddenly makes millions. Sure, you can complain about it, but does it make sense?

To me it's very simple. I compare what a dev asks for, what he then promises to deliver, and what he delivers in the end. I'd agree that DC earns more money than the game is worth, quite a bit more actually, but that doesn't change the fact that he delivers what he promised.

Edit: Added some words.

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
But then you are omitting many details which might be there. This developer has set the financing goal to 30k and no further promise was made. So you are essentially complaining that he doesn't change his whole concept just because he got more money than he expected to get and asked for. I mean, if you want to complain about it, you can do that. But keep in mind that he's never promised to grow his business with the money he earns and still people continue to give money.

In the end you aren't complaining that your favourite band aren't suddenly releasing 60 songs per year instead of 20 just because their last album made millions instead of the peanuts they got before. You probably aren't complaining that your favourite actor doesn't produce ten movies per year instead of 2 or 3 just becuase he suddenly makes millions. Sure, you can complain about it, but does it make sense?

To me it's very simple. I compare what a dev asks for, what he then promises to deliver, and what he delivers in the end. I'd agree that DC earns more money than the game is worth, quite a bit more actually, but that doesn't change the fact that he delivers what he promised.
I agree 100% that he did not promise or guarantee anything but that is not ever been part of my complaint. At not time did I state he broke x guarantee or promise. The basic point I and many of us are making is that we FEEL that he has not earned the money given to him so we wish to point it out and this is where it becomes the issue. Some on here feel the need to start talking about jealousy and I was pointing out that my right to complain is not based on jealousy and that many of the other complaints I read here are essentially voicing similar points. In the end Patreon allows this stuff to go on and many developers continue to take the money. The amount of work done vs the amount of money is going to rub many of us the wrong way so we complain. People here should understand that the right to complain is not based on a financial value.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
But then you are omitting many details which might be there. This developer has set the financing goal to 30k and no further promise was made. So you are essentially complaining that he doesn't change his whole concept just because he got more money than he expected to get and asked for. I mean, if you want to complain about it, you can do that. But keep in mind that he's never promised to grow his business beyond a certan point with the money he earns and still people continue to give money.

Edit: Added some words.
This! Thank you! And continuing to complain about it here, is just being petty for no good reason.

Nov 4, 2017
Open your eyes , DC talk one time every

Don't understand …. sorry I am french. No Church , no god for me , just science.
Go to bed now.
"Rayminator" thanks
Im basically saying we should be happy because were almost getting the new update.
Or in French... nous obtenons une mise à jour bientôt. Soyez heureux.
Im Canadian, so I can speak a little bit of French.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
I agree 100% that he did not promise or guarantee anything but that is not ever been part of my complaint. At not time did I state he broke x guarantee or promise. The basic point I and many of us are making is that we FEEL that he has not earned the money given to him so we wish to point it out and this is where it becomes the issue. Some on here feel the need to start talking about jealousy and I was pointing out that my right to complain is not based on jealousy and that many of the other complaints I read here are essentially voicing similar points. In the end Patreon allows this stuff to go on and many developers continue to take the money. The amount of work done vs the amount of money is going to rub many of us the wrong way so we complain. People here should understand that the right to complain is not based on a financial value.
It has nothing to do with earning, it has to do with people contributing. Any relation between the game developement and the money contributed, is not performance based.

Reactions: Omniel

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
It has nothing to do with earning, it has to do with people contributing. Any relation between the game developement and the money contributed, is not performance based.

It does not have to be performance based in order for people to feel it is earned. The money he is getting, he is legally getting. That is not in dispute. The issue many of us have is the effort by those getting money vs the amount of work provided. This is not in balance so we complain.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
It does not have to be performance based in order for people to feel it is earned. The money he is getting, he is legally getting. That is not in dispute. The issue many of us have is the effort by those getting money vs the amount of work provided. This is not in balance so we complain.
And I understand people have this perception, even when they are not related.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
What was the outcome of the widescreen conversation poll?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There was some confusion at first because people thought he meant to do the conversion immediately and he later clarified it would only happen after 0.20.5 or 0.21.0 at the earliest. This led to a strong vote against the conversion which later moved closer to the result seen above.
I'd like to think widescreen would have won if he made it clear from the start that it wouldn't influence the next 2-3 updates directly.

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
If somebody gave you 60K dollars and said, "Now you listen and do what I want, when I want and how I want, understood?", I am pretty sure you won't.

DC's just doing that. He goes on to his liking. It's not his fault that his patreon campaign is that successful. O wait, it is -- he is just too good to not be successful.

And btw/ he already gave account to the money he makes. He started alone, and now he has a team. He started with, compared to today, poor and little content, which he now gradually improves and increases. He made this into the most successful H game ever, and still is. He did not abandon it like so many other devs but in the contrary still throws out good quality updates three times a year. And all this for free, nobody has to pay to download the game right at the release day (OK, one day after).

Agreed. Only that art is not the bottle neck and never was. DC is always finished well before release date and does stuff for the next release, as can be seen on his daily streams.
That's not what, I thought, iderama was saying. He wasn't saying DC shouldn't be earning this much money, he was saying "he shouldn't be earning this much money for lying". He actually provided evidence that DC is milking. We should have had 0.20 at least a month ago (according to DC's own timeline) and should be waiting for 0.25. Instead we are waiting for 0.20 and 0.25 might be postponed for a "shorter" update or Rhonda's update. That's not what he promised 6 months ago.

As to all this time for "new and improved parts of the game". Yeah, that's milking it. What the fuck is his coding team doing while he's drawing all this art?

This is why he needs a project manager. Of course, he doesn't want one, his team will work more efficiently and that means less money. Wake up. He's milking it. And don't expect patrons to realise this. ICSTOR's patronage went up after he admitted he was quitting his latest game. Gumdrop Games still has nearly 800 patrons and his earnings are approximately $2k-5k per month and he's the biggest scam artist out there. Patrons are stupid.

Reactions: DeepSpace_Potato

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
He actually provided evidence that DC is milking.
Except that he didn't. All he did was implying things which weren't said, like DC promising to release an update in 3-4 month or promising to deliver translations. You simply can't accuse people of lying if you literally make the stuff up you think they've lied about. The fact alone that 0.19.5 wasn't even mentioned in his post shows, that he certainly cared more about his message than about any kind of "evidence".

Last edited:

raysitsp123

Dec 18, 2017
wonder when we wil get moms pregnancy content
I think there's a choice in the previous polls about the mom, and the mom's update will be a small update. Similarly, you can expect something like the sister (jenny) update but less content, and we will get mom's pregnancy to wrap up the character. However, I don't think people will vote for that for 0.22 and 0.23.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I am impressed how people are able to answer post's like that from cadwldr -great letter salad that pretends to be a nick btw-, because all i can read is mimimi, me so smart, all so stupid, mimimi. Which imo doesnt makes much sense to beginn with, so i wouldnt even know what one possible could answer to that. Well, quit whinning maybe, not that i would actually think that would work.

4.00 star(s) 367 Votes