V&M

Donor
Feb 10, 2020
Dude, it’s time for the moderator to take a look at this, all the time about how much the dev earns,
there is a lot of pollution here,
nor to look at the other posts saying exactly the same thing as them.
This is no longer a discussion, it is a pain in the ass.

Reactions: WSmith

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
Dude, it’s time for the moderator to take a look at this, all the time about how much the dev earns,
there is a lot of pollution here,
nor to look at the other posts saying exactly the same thing as them.
This is no longer a discussion, it is a pain in the ass.
As someone whose had multiple posts deleted for various reasons in this thread very recently, I can assure you, the mods look at this thread on the regular.

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
No. There is plenty of differences with DC art style, but just to point one : the line art is always the same width, which is not the case in DC art. Just stop thinking you have the same eye as an experienced artist like DC, or even an experienced amateur like some of us here.
I don't think anyone (myself included) is saying that DC should just hire this guy immediately or that his work is a perfect DC replica. What I'm saying, is that he has potential since he already has a good basis and idea of what DC's style is like. Dissing my judgment of his work is pointless when DC himself already likes his work but doesn't want to hire him because he isn't consistent by DC's standards.

Now I feel painfully tempted to just contact the guy on discord and get a screenshot of their convo with DC as proof.

Reactions: Keitaro420

401Grem

May 14, 2017
I don't think anyone (myself included) is saying that DC should just hire this guy immediately or that his work is a perfect DC replica. What I'm saying, is that he has potential since he already has a good basis and idea of what DC's style is like. Dissing my judgment of his work is pointless when DC himself already likes his work but doesn't want to hire him because he isn't consistent by DC's standards.

Now I feel painfully tempted to just contact the guy on discord and get a screenshot of their convo with DC as proof.
The subject is off topic.

Igneel1

The Slayer's Time Is Now
Compressor
Jul 1, 2017
was there any point in firing their previous code writer bcuz this guy is also taking the same amount of time for bugs and finishing it off!!!!

Rodgers7

Sep 22, 2017
was there any point in firing their previous code writer bcuz this guy is also taking the same amount of time for bugs and finishing it off!!!!
You do realize he is also fixing previous mistakes in the coding. So that could be the reason for the longer time taken

Turkis

Jul 17, 2017
Well, I agree that the coder is taking way too long to finish up their part, he/she is usually the last to finish up. Unless of course he's basically being told to wait to code until all the art/scenes are finished.

But when it comes to fixing bugs, that's a different story. Bug fixing is probably the hardest part of coding. Because you can easily "fix" the bug in question, but that "fix" could end up killing the program completely.

Reactions: FWVJ and Ghostload

Scuzzbucket

Jan 8, 2018
Anyone else ever wonder how DC could predict the number of bugs he has in his progress tracker? Does that not confuse anyone else while the coding is still in progress??

4.00 star(s) 367 Votes