SonofOrion

Sep 30, 2019
03-Dec-2020: DC calls a vote between the Tech Update and the Rhonda Update, saying both will take and I quote: "roughly the same amount of time (3 to 4 months) to complete"
14-Feb-2021 (~3 months later): DC claims that work on the Tech Update has started with himself. The team is about to join in, in days.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

09-Nov-2023 (2 years, 8 months, 26 days and $2+ MILLION later):
  • DC hides his monthly income (23-Oct-2023)
  • The Tech Update has no release date or even a date when it will have a release date
  • The Tech Update has not been seen by supporters in any kind of demo that would show the works that required going 10 extra times past the promised and voted on deadline.
  • The true status of the Tech Update is unknown to literally everyone, supporters and insiders, as nobody can tell where the project is, what is still left to do and when it will be done.
    • The word salads sold as "status updates" at the end of recent months are completely useless to determine actual status/progress against a 100% DONE objective
    • The progress image used by supporters for years to determine status proves to be useless as it sat frozen in time for eons followed by a regress in %, both clear as day signs that project management is far beyond incompetent or just non-existent

Why?
  • No. of paying supporters in Feb-2021 vs. Oct-2023: 24422 vs 25488
  • As long as they keep paying for the dance of shadows keeping this vaporware unalive, we will continue getting what they pay for.
Wow... so mush typing and work just to say what all the others who bitch to no end post... Is it abandoned Yet...?

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Stray is really going a it on the mini games he knocked out another six over the last week. I'm also waiting on the dust to fully settle before I start posting the detailed changlog because so far they haven't split any of the larger task, all they've done is add task for the new character intro cut scenes, and other bits and bobs related to the new locations for the expanded map. These task had existed internally for months and hadn't been added to the tracker because most of them are small task. It has also been stated on Discord that they aren't done yet as going over 20+ months of work figuring out how to best break up the tasks to accurately reflect how much work is left is unsurprisingly very challenging almost like this was a bad idea.
that's hilarious, so the tracker might even get lower once they split up the larger taks? :KEK:

man this whole project is an absolute train wreck at this point. how did DC even think he could do the tech update in 3-4 months at first? even if dogeek lied to him it must mean he really has zero clue about the scale of the whole thing

i wonder if his patreons will accept another drop in the tracker to let's say 50%. think about it that probably means the tech update will take another 2 years to finish and i'm not sure 20 more wallpapers are going to cut it

Hykarius

Aug 16, 2020
Of course I expected a lot of middle fingers abou the progress bar here. It is much closer to reality now and where we stand. The bar actually moved in two past days. Yes, it will not be ready probably this year, but they already work on future updates too. I think the next year will bring updates in very fast pace.

Sep 2, 2018
Of course I expected a lot of middle fingers abou the progress bar here. It is much closer to reality now and where we stand. The bar actually moved in two past days. Yes, it will not be ready probably this year, but they already work on future updates too. I think the next year will bring updates in very fast pace.
Yeah sure dream on.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
i wonder if his patreons will accept another drop in the tracker to let's say 50%. think about it that probably means the tech update will take another 2 years to finish and i'm not sure 20 more wallpapers are going to cut it
And what are you going to do if his patreon numbers stay roughly the same?

Reactions: Count Morado

tankdick

Dec 21, 2017
DC over here posting on his alt account...

Updates will move a lot faster. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

fairyglen

Aug 14, 2017
Just quickly back to say: Even tho your comment was ironie, it aged like milk seeing the regress in the progress bar now:KEK:
Actually the Progress bar progressed from 82% to 84% within the last 2-3 months. We are almost there Will tell us what the fuck going on how come its now 75%
tell us please talk about MILKING

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: S.t.s and Orlandogt

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Actually the Progress bar progressed from 82% to 84% within the last 2-3 months. We are almost there Will tell us what the fuck going on how come its now 75%
tell us please talk about MILKING
The October status report says "what the fuck going on" and why the numbers are changing: #73,394

It's basically what's been said in this thread over the past 2 years: they did most of the quick and easy tasks in the early part of the tech update development, leaving the more difficult, work heavy tasks for later.

Problem is that they made each easy task equal to each difficult task when determining percentage complete. So a task that took 1 hour to complete equaled a task that took 100 hours in terms of "percent complete."

What they are attempting right now is revaluing tasks based upon their workload/difficulty to give a clearer picture to what the status of the progress is.

Just wait until the Bugs/Issues bar starts to crank up the number of tasks if they get to the point of playtesting the tech update.

Again, you can't milk that which you give to everyone for free. While people have many reasons for subscribing to DC, access to play the game isn't one.

4.00 star(s) 370 Votes