Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
It's not like I make this shit up. From the developer - . The main story is unraveling the mystery. The other two objectives are part of completing the game - but they aren't part of the main story.
Don't you get the money for college straight up from doing the main story, though. Or am I remembering that wrong?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Don't you get the money for college straight up from doing the main story, though. Or am I remembering that wrong?
Hell if I remember - I haven't played in over 2 years (except to help people who are stuck at various points). But yeah, by the time the player has found out what happened to Anon's father - Anon should have, one way or another, earned enough $$$.

(EDIT: yes. From the :
66. The next day visit the Treehouse to take a look at the good old Dink. After scaring away the seagulls to take the tarp off the boat Erik appears and is cross with you. Apparently, he really does watch birds. After telling him about Frank's letter both overlook the Dink and are surprised to find a bag full of the embezzled money and another emotional letter to the hero from his father. He asks him to take care of Debbie, Jenny, and Liu with the money.

67. Head straight to the bank to give Liu the great news. Pay off Debbie's mortgage and give Liu half of what is left for her to start a new life as Frank wanted. With the other half of the money left, the hero's college tuition has been secured.
)

People hate when I say it - but the whole choosing the date to the dance is all so "epilogue"-ish. When all will be said and done, Anon's will have fucked all the women - really, all that ends up being left is some kind of "The Bachelor" final rose ceremony to choose which one. Even should he make that scene sometime in the next 2 years (of course, we know it is already longer than that just with the women already in the game) --- And as long as DC has ideas for more women to be added, players will have more choices to choose from. So is there really a definitive end when taking into account the dance?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: splamo

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
That's already done. The main story is already finished. That was finding out what happened to Anon's father.
Alright, getting nitpicky here haha.

Of course I meant the whole prom situation with a possible epilogue of a person of your choosing. Lets be honest solving the mystery about MC's father does not give you a sense of feeling that you finished the game.

This was what i am aiming at.
So is there really a definitive end when taking into account the dance?
I would see it as such. :HideThePain:

Do stuff to solve the mystery and get aquainted with the characters in the game > Solving the mystery > Do all the other stuff the game has to offer > Prom > Epilogue > Roll the credits

This was always how I saw the game would play out but memorys are treacherous.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Count Morado

Redelin

Sep 20, 2017
So has DC said anything about the next update actually updating Debbie's art or is that something that will be in perpetual development from here on out?

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
So has DC said anything about the next update actually updating Debbie's art or is that something that will be in perpetual development from here on out?
Word has it that he was drawing Debbie these last couple of streams.

Last edited:

AstroMJ6969

May 2, 2024
Is the tech update stretched across the screen on your phone's cause on mine there's still the blank spaces on the screen:(

tyknjinq

Apr 6, 2018
omg... maybe one of my friend doing something with my phone when i forget & leaving it on my desk, so all channel from my discord is missing.
can someone give me another invite link, because when i use invite link at page 1, discord says it expired....

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
omg... maybe one of my friend doing something with my phone when i forget & leaving it on my desk, so all channel from my discord is missing.
can someone give me another invite link, because when i use invite link at page 1, discord says it expired....
The discord link works. I just tried it. Must be something on your end.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i dont get it....
can you tell me, what should i do ?
is there any setting must i change on my discord app ?
oh, yeah, i forgot to tell, i use discord app on android.
Common sense options:
  • What should you do? Never leave your phone unattended and put a privacy lock on it so only you can unlock it.
  • As for Summertime Saga discord - you could try the link from the main menu of the developer's website:
  • You could also try to copy either of the following codes and select "add a server" in your app and use the code to see if you can get in.
    mHJwKqx
    6h7vAgD
  • If neither of those work - wait a day and try again.
  • If that still doesn't work - contact discord support.

Reactions: tyknjinq

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
What does tech update mean? Is there blocked content? (It shows up as if only some character´s content is available on the home screen).
v0.21.0.0-wip.4468 (wip = "work in progress") is a preview of the content while they work on the tech update. As the changelog you can read in the first post of this thread states - it is the first release using new source code. Not all of the Tech Update content is available yet. Most key systems and art in place. Starting with this release, the focus is bringing familiar content into the new engine, little bit by little bit.

From my FAQ: The game has been around since before 2016. In that time, there have been many coders with various levels of experience and training who have their fingerprints with their own ways of coding throughout in the nearly 10MB of written code and script/dialogue. The game was designed initially when the default and "gold standard" of using Ren'Py was the 4:3 aspect ratio for VNs. Since that time, mobile devices have increased their footing in VN playing. There are appr 20,000 images in this game (maybe more than that, now). All art that needed expanded was revised by DC. Since the aspect ratio changed that means that thousands of images need repositioned, "posed," into their proper positions.
DarkCookie announced that it will be released in bimonthly chunks (See Apr 2024 link below). The first small partial tech released on 31 May 2024 and the ETA for the next partial tech release is around the end of July 2024.
Here's a breakdown on the original goals of the Tech Update. Here are the end-of-month reports for Apr 2024, Mar 2024, Feb 2024, Jan 2024, Dec 2023, Nov 2023, Oct 2023, Sep 2023, Aug 2023, Jul 2023, Jun 2023, May 2023 on its status (and you can go to the website for the ).

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
So, i dont play this game more than 2 years at thias point, so, can i know what left to end about story?
nothing has progressed in the storyline since you last played. It won't progress for at least another year, most likely, if not longer. Basically, all that is left is fleshing out the lewd scenes for the women in the game (and DC adding more women and their lewd scenes) and then Anon selecting a date for the dance. But that could take years - in fact, as long as DC continues to add women - the story will never end.

4.00 star(s) 367 Votes