Mod Ren'Py Abandoned SummertimeSaga 0.17.5 - Ikarumod V1

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Netherstalker

Jun 9, 2018
When i try to start the game, it says this, what should i do?

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label mia_dialogue is defined twice, at
  File "game/213692_ikarumod_0175_v2.rpyc", line 1758 and
  File "scripts/characters/mia/button.rpyc", line 87.

The label mrsj_route_split is defined twice, at
  File "game/213692_ikarumod_0175_v2.rpyc", line 1154 and
  File "scripts/characters/mrsj/button.rpyc", line 18.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Sat Jun 08 16:26:06 2019

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
When i try to start the game, it says this, what should i do?

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label mia_dialogue is defined twice, at
  File "game/213692_ikarumod_0175_v2.rpyc", line 1758 and
  File "scripts/characters/mia/button.rpyc", line 87.

The label mrsj_route_split is defined twice, at
  File "game/213692_ikarumod_0175_v2.rpyc", line 1154 and
  File "scripts/characters/mrsj/button.rpyc", line 18.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Sat Jun 08 16:26:06 2019
Uninstall it. It hasn't been updated for 2 versions. Notice the title says "17.5".

Reactions: Netherstalker

Jeno

Donor
Aug 27, 2017
I tried to have a crack at it myself but I really don't know enough :/ I managed to mod it so that I could get past two errors but then encountered more so I wouldn't even know where to go... I really hope we see Ikaru again soon :)

Reactions: Netherstalker

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
... I do notice the game has been censored, removing scenes. ...
You know with which version this happened? Didn't follow the game development for some time. Are there still uncensored versions with all scenes out somewhere?

Thing is the OP still says:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So I too thought it may work. Perhaps an [abandoned] to the title is necessary. :/

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
You know with which version this happened?
There hasn't been any censorship. Not beyond the Patreon mandated changes to avoid incest.
Character story reworks happened, which lead to some scenes being removed and others reworked.

Reactions: Cirro84

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
There hasn't been any censorship. Not beyond the Patreon mandated changes to avoid incest.
Character story reworks happened, which lead to some scenes being removed and others reworked.
The removal/ateration of scenes from works to adhere to someones idea of morality is cersorship.
The issues that came about with some of the changes to the Jenny scenes if I remember correctly stem from some online complaints about the game having sexual assualt?? I think that was it? I'm not sure it was ages ago I think I read it on discord.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
The removal/ateration of scenes from works to adhere to someones idea of morality is cersorship.
Dev decided that something in their project didn't fit with what they wanted it to be, based on the changes they were making by choice, and changed them accordingly. That's not censorship.

This isn't the thread for discussing our own interpretations of whether or not DC's actions actually constitute censorship or not, and that discussion was had by many in the game thread already.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Dev decided that something in their project didn't fit with what they wanted it to be, based on the changes they were making by choice, and changed them accordingly. That's not censorship.

This isn't the thread for discussing our own interpretations of whether or not DC's actions actually constitute censorship or not, and that discussion was had by many in the game thread already.
That isn't my own interpretation it's the definition.
Are you just ignoring the rest of my post? As I said I remember there being other reasons that instigated some of the changes namely I believe it was those involving "sleep sex".

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
No, but you're clearly ignoring what I said. This is not the place for such a discussion so there's no point trying to engage further and hi-jack the thread.
This is a summertime saga mod thread, this is a discussion about summertime saga scenes, it is not off-topic, especially when the discussion stems from a user asking if the modder could add those scenes back in to the game.

Reactions: Cirro84

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
This is a summertime saga mod thread
Correct.

this is a discussion about summertime saga scenes
No, it's not.
You are habitually attempting to engage with me on a discussion about censorship. That's not discussing the mod.

As for discussing scenes in the game, it's off-topic unless talking specifically about something affected by the mod, because those should be discussed in the game's thread.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote