Mod Ren'Py Abandoned SummertimeSaga 0.17.5 - Ikarumod V1

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
You are habitually attempting to engage with me on a discussion about censorship. That's not discussing the mod.

As for discussing scenes in the game, it's off-topic unless talking specifically about something affected by the mod, because those should be discussed in the game's thread.
Really??
There hasn't been any censorship. Not beyond the Patreon mandated changes to avoid incest.
Character story reworks happened, which lead to some scenes being removed and others reworked.
The removal/ateration of scenes from works to adhere to someones idea of morality is cersorship.
The issues that came about with some of the changes to the Jenny scenes if I remember correctly stem from some online complaints about the game having sexual assualt?? I think that was it? I'm not sure it was ages ago I think I read it on discord.
That is why I asked
That isn't my own interpretation it's the definition.
Are you just ignoring the rest of my post? As I said I remember there being other reasons that instigated some of the changes namely I believe it was those involving "sleep sex".

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Yes really.
I was clearly replying to Cirro84, and was not going beyond that reply to him.
Yes it was off-topic, but I have not engaged beyond that with him.

You however are acting more like a troll at this point, so this is the last I'll be indulging your petulance.

• Sad
Reactions: Cirro84

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Yes really.
I was clearly replying to Cirro84, and was not going beyond that reply to him.
Yes it was off-topic, but I have not engaged beyond that with him.

You however are acting more like a troll at this point, so this is the last I'll be indulging your petulance.
Look I really have no idea what your problem is, Cirro84 asked a question regarding the removal of scenes and I elaborated on why I believe some were altered. I am not trolling nor am I being petulant, you however seem to have an issue actually fully reading a comment, you only reply to a part of each post completely ignorning the rest, you say I want to engage in a discussion about censorship I do not I was specifically commenting on the removal of the sleep scenes that is all.
Just go back and read the actual posts fully this time and see, it isn't hard.
The removal/ateration of scenes from works to adhere to someones idea of morality is cersorship.
The issues that came about with some of the changes to the Jenny scenes if I remember correctly stem from some online complaints about the game having sexual assualt?? I think that was it? I'm not sure it was ages ago I think I read it on discord.
That isn't my own interpretation it's the definition.
Are you just ignoring the rest of my post? As I said I remember there being other reasons that instigated some of the changes namely I believe it was those involving "sleep sex".
Look here are my posts, I've even put the sections in bold that you have such a hard time reading.
My next post was disagreeing with you saying we were off-topic
This is a summertime saga mod thread, this is a discussion about summertime saga scenes, it is not off-topic, especially when the discussion stems from a user asking if the modder could add those scenes back in to the game.
As you can see below Cirro84 was commenting on scenes that had been removed from the game, replying to a comment about whether this mod could add them back.
No rush on the next update, I do notice the game has been censored, removing scenes. I was wondering if the mod could put them back in the cookie jar.
You know with which version this happened? Didn't follow the game development for some time. Are there still uncensored versions with all scenes out somewhere?
Discussing those scenes seems on-topic to me, I don't care about your opinion of censorship, I only mentioned it twice in my four posts.

Reactions: Cirro84

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Okay thanks for both your help, but pls do not quarrel about me asking for sth I clearly missed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for adding scenes changed, maybe it can be included in other active mods for ppl who did enjoy them. You two can drop me a pm if you want, I'm going to check the (friggin huge!) thread by now too. tyvm, have a nice week! ^^

Last edited:

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Has DC gotten the go ahead on finishing Eric's content? I believe Ikaruga said something about updating this mod then ...
Hm, good question, Ika's mod stopped with v17, and now we got v18 of the main game. Don't think to much had changed with 'tenant' and 'landlady' for the time being. Dunno what Ika is up to, but Maim's mod is still in development afaik? You know where to find that statement?

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
not compatible with V0.19
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label mia_dialogue is defined twice, at
File "game/213692_ikarumod_0175_v2.rpyc", line 1758 and
File "scripts/characters/mia/button.rpyc", line 87.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Fri Oct 18 17:36:23 2019

Anyways. Trying this mod cause I encountered a bug in v0.19 where I can't leave the aunt's house after helping and it's evening.

2LAOD

Oct 19, 2018
Summertime Saga v0.17.5
PC: - -
ah hey for some reason 17.5 doesn't work. keeps forcing me to use v18.6 saves. and gallery breaks game

2LAOD

Oct 19, 2018
Have to delete or move your 18.6 saves
hmm, you mean move it outside the folder huh?
edit:
tried moving the saves. doesn't work sadly. Dont' wanna delete cuz idk if recycle bin is even gonna restore correctly. idk y 18.6 still used. This makes me afraid to try new 19 version since saves being used btn each version without me wanting it to.
deleting doesn't work cuz gallery still breaks game

Last edited:

2LAOD

Oct 19, 2018
Looks like the version I was given had a part missing.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'cookie_jar/cookie_jar_07.png'>:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 264, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 268, in <module>
    renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
IOError: Couldn't find file 'cookie_jar/cookie_jar_07.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\main.py", line 531, in main
    run(restart)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 879, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 264, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 268, in <module>
    renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\game.py", line 331, in call_in_new_context
    return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 879, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3132, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 724, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1117, in render
    st, at)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\mufas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'cookie_jar/cookie_jar_07.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.17.5
Sun Oct 20 10:34:57 2019

mattius77

May 16, 2017
not compatible with V0.19
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label mia_dialogue is defined twice, at
File "game/213692_ikarumod_0175_v2.rpyc", line 1758 and
File "scripts/characters/mia/button.rpyc", line 87.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Fri Oct 18 17:36:23 2019

Anyways. Trying this mod cause I encountered a bug in v0.19 where I can't leave the aunt's house after helping and it's evening.
Confirm, getting the same error on my end.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote