Mod Ren'Py Sunshine Love [Ch.1 v1.00, Ch.2 v1.01i, & Ch.3 v1.01i] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
Checking... there's now well over 1k downloads with no reports of mod fubars so I'm going to log off. If ya have an issue then make a post and I'll check 'em later this evening or at the crack of dawn.

Thanks SonsOLiberty for flagging me on this update. I still can't believe I missed last week's ping from the dev team who had given me a link to the VN and I never saw it... but that's water under the bridge now. I've PM'd them with all the bugs I found and fixed so there will likely be a base VN update very soon...I'm guessing.

Take care, and enjoy the rest of your day folks.
Godspeed, mate

Reactions: Dynamike

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
*** I edited this post, read through it but please read the post directly below it as well before taking any action ***

Sancho1969 got an error. can you check it please ? View attachment 3029145
Let me guess... you installed the mod on the compressed version?

That is an error found in the base compressed version I found and corrected in the mod. In other words if you play the SonsOLiberty's compressed version unmodded and are on Ivy's pathing (it doesn't error on Lilly's pathing) then you get that exception. I brought this to the attention of the dev team and Mistress Elemental looked over all the distributions and didn't find that faulty code in any of the the final distributions of the VN anywhere (it had apparently been caught and corrected in the non-compressed version).

What I don't know is where SOL got his version to compress tbh.

All that said you should NOT get that error if you mod the compressed version (and install it correctly) as my "fixed" scripts overwrite the compressed scripts and therefore no longer contain the faulty code. So, it would seem you have an incorrect installation.

Do this for me. Make a save BEFORE that Ivy scene where the exception occurs and perform the following (to insure we are on the same page):

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):

1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN. Try that and report back please.
(read Edit #2 below)
Edit for exception cause clarification: The error is due to this line in the code:
ivy "UHHH!!!" with vpunch (multiple=2)

Due to RenPy requiring the screen (including dialogue) to be written BEFORE any motion (vpunch in this case) occurs, it must be coded like this:
ivy "UHHH!!!" (multiple=2) with vpunch

The above is the "bug" fix that's already included in the mod for that scene.

Edit #2: jjzoey007 - Please see post below.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
jjzoey007 ... okay, looked a bit deeper into that exception you have.... and you're on the "Cousin" scene...not Ivy's

First, my apologies for being slightly incorrect on the above post (it's the exact same error type as the one I had found and for some reason "Cousin's" is not error on my side even though it should.

The faulty code in the compressed version (I'm having the dev team check the non-compressed distribution as I just PM'd them this code snippet that's faulty):
Python:
        mc "UNGHHH!!" with hpunch (multiple=2)
        c "YES!!" with hpunch (multiple=2)

mc "UHHH!!" with hpunch (multiple=2)
        c "Aiii!" with hpunch (multiple=2)

mc "OHH!" with hpunch (multiple=2)
        c "Again!! UHHH!" with hpunch (multiple=2)
I'll fix the above for the mod and push out a maintenance update. Give me a few minutes (I'm on my first cup of coffee so I'm just getting going and firing up the studio).

Last edited:
Reactions: jjzoey007

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Ch3 v0.02) (Critical)

Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly (for Ch3 only).

Changlelog:
  • Resolved multiple dialogue box exception screen shake error as described here. Thanks to jjzoey007 for reporting.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

master861

Nov 4, 2022
maybe remove the 1unlocks.rpy and 1unlocks.rpyc , because for me it works but i dont get this two files you got in you installtions dir.
1698248413096.png
1698248432565.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm having an issue after the latest CH 3 game release and installation of the Sancho Mod. See attached for details. Previously used SanchoMods with no issues...
Well...you decompiled the VN and that doesn't work.

..Followed installation details exactly.
No, you didn't really.

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN. Try that and report back please.

timmy3530

Dec 2, 2019
Well...you decompiled the VN and that doesn't work.

No, you didn't really.

Yep, I did as you said and that fixed my issue. Not sure how I end up in that state. Thanks for the assist.

Reactions: Sancho1969
Jul 16, 2018
Sancho1969
Fantastic mod as always, but I saw there are no cheats (at least for chapter 1). I arrived at a point in the story where you say there is a 'potential split path'.
I don't want to miss out on any content, so if I choose one path over the other, does that mean I'll be locked out of content?
It's on day 3 the moment where you choose between meeting a girl at some church vs meeting up with the redhead daughter of Trisha.
Should I use console commands to add points to some of the girls to correct for whichever path I didn't choose?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
Fantastic mod as always, but I saw there are no cheats (at least for chapter 1). I arrived at a point in the story where you say there is a 'potential split path'.
I don't want to miss out on any content, so if I choose one path over the other, does that mean I'll be locked out of content?
It's on day 3 the moment where you choose between meeting a girl at some church vs meeting up with the redhead daughter of Trisha.
Should I use console commands to add points to some of the girls to correct for whichever path I didn't choose?
Do you mean the Tablet choices (red arrows) shown here?
1698328566529.png
If so, it's not a relp point thing but rather who you visit first variable thing...it's one or the other, there's no way to have the variable both True and False at the same time so make a save point and reference the Relp maximums the mod tells you it will give depending on if you go to Cuz first or to the Church first. You'll see once you do it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Got sidetracked a bit...seems the mod was not fully updated to the mod's core v7b... for example, I had to make a complete overhaul of SanchoGallery to get it up to date:

SanchoGallery - Ch4.5Full
1698332080001.png

SanchoGallery - Ch5Beta (WIP)
1698332106684.png

The new gallery will have fully dynamic scene filters and scene counts as seen in more recent SanchoMod's.

Jul 16, 2018
Do you mean the Tablet choices (red arrows) shown here?
View attachment 3035427
If so, it's not a relp point thing but rather who you visit first variable thing...it's one or the other, there's no way to have the variable both True and False at the same time so make a save point and reference the Relp maximums the mod tells you it will give depending on if you go to Cuz first or to the Church first. You'll see once you do it.
Are consequences only for the following scene, or do choices completely exclude paths?
I've seen some mods (maybe also yours?) where you could do both options. One scene would play, and then automatically the other scene would follow (so you don't miss anything).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Are consequences only for the following scene, or do choices completely exclude paths?
I've seen some mods (maybe also yours?) where you could do both options. One scene would play, and then automatically the other scene would follow (so you don't miss anything).
Nah, that tablet choice does NOT take you off any pathing...but they playout differently (hence why I recommend making a save point). I was going to make a SanchoSplit there back in the day but it just doesn't mesh up properly. So make a save point prior to the choice...play both if you wish to see which you like best, then move on. You'll be fine, promise.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aurelius Ambrosius

jjzoey007

Dec 26, 2018
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Ch3 v0.02) (Critical)

Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly (for Ch3 only).

Changlelog:
  • Resolved multiple dialogue box exception screen shake error as described here. Thanks to jjzoey007 for reporting.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.
Thanks Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for reporting the issue bud. Seems the script was only in the compressed version which I used to mod... the dev team didn't find any issue with the non-compressed version so at least it's contained, fixed, and behind us now. Please enjoy and best to you and yours.

Reactions: jjzoey007

oyeh

Feb 26, 2018
Why does mod Chapter 2 v1.01i Extra show an installation error when opening the game after unpacking it, and the game jumps out? How to solve this problem?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes